• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HGSS Help Thread (aka Simple Questions/Simple Answers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do i remove a pokemons nickname?

Yes, I know how to use the namerater. However, if i present him with a blank name he acts as if i pressed the B button on the name selection screen.

Any ideas?

Are Lance and Soul (rival's new name) the only tag-battle partners?

Or are there more?

Is Kanto still tiny?

This is a help thread for literal game questions. Stuff like "Where is _____?" or "Where can I find _____?"

You may want to direct this question to the discussion thread.

how do i remove a pokemons nickname?

Yes, I know how to use the namerater. However, if i present him with a blank name he acts as if i pressed the B button on the name selection screen.

Any ideas?

try naming them their pokemon name.

The itemfinder is in ecruteak.

Ride your bike.

Other than that, no.
Ugh its like GF knows no middle ground. I wonder how long it takes them to figure out "Oh hey we can just adc a follow option in the Party menu for those who don't want Pokemon to follow or those who don't want their first Pokemon to follow!"

Ugh its like GF knows no middle ground. I wonder how long it takes them to figure out "Oh hey we can just adc a follow option in the Party menu for those who don't want Pokemon to follow or those who don't want their first Pokemon to follow!"
It's not like the Pokemon slows you down, so I don't see what the issue is.

It's annoying after a while. It gets old. It's stupid.

I fail to see how it's annoying.

I'm still not tired of it.

You are entitled to your opinion but HOW is it stupid? It's a game mechanic. If you don't like it, ride your bike.

Last edited:
It's not like the Pokemon slows you down, so I don't see what the issue is.
Simply because I don't want a Kyogre following me if I'm levelgrinding it, or the fact that I want a Chikorita following me regardless of whether I want to battle with it or not. Or the fact that I may simply not want to? Its kind of annoying that they are shoving this feature down my throat.

And please don't give me that "you can always switch before the battle" bs. Its tedious and annoying, and since it took one teenager to think up a solution, one has to wonder how the entire HGSS development team couldn't.

This isn't really the place to be arguing this, but you asked, despite the fact that I remember you taking part in this discussion awhile back where the exact same issues were outlined.

EDIT: Ride my bike? Why if I like walking and listening to the overworld music over the bike? You can't ride bikes everywhere either.

You are entitled to your opinion but HOW is it stupid?

There you said it. It's my own opinion. For the rest, I could copypaste what Outrage said. Plus a giant Pokémon following you is just unrealistic (I know it's Pokémon, but still) and a pain to look at.

Last edited:
Meh.
Having said that, I did like it that way, but it was boring after awhile. Also, the Pokemon in there weren't tough.

How strong are the Pokemon in Mt. Silver and Cerulean Cave? I heard they were both 40-ish. :/

Well, I got a NZ Jirachi from somebody, but it wasn't holding a liechi berry, and it had a PP of 8. If I transfered this jirachi to HG/SS, would the edge of night sky event still work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom