• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HGSS Help Thread (aka Simple Questions/Simple Answers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips for non-cheating easy ways to get to lv 100?
PokeBabies__Ampharos_by_Red_Flare.jpg

My sweet ampharos need help! :yahoo:

Any tips for non-cheating easy ways to get to lv 100?
PokeBabies__Ampharos_by_Red_Flare.jpg

My sweet ampharos need help! :yahoo:
If you've EV trained and got the move set already the following are useful.

Beat the Trainers, I recommend attacking the E4 often and also Red. (You should be able to beat both.)

If you can, Trade to a different Language game, or just another game. This will increase the EXP that you gain by x1.7 for Differnt language game, or x1.5 for same language games..

Sticking a Pokémon in a PokéWalker works wonders.

First find a pokemon with the ability compound eyes and put them in the first slot in your party. Next either wait for a chansey swarm or place a Meadow block in your Safari Zone and put 12 flowers/shrubberies in it. Finally catch some Chansey. Lots of Chansey. Eventually you'll find one holding a Lucky Egg (I got pretty lucky and found one on the second Chansey I caught, but with compound eyes there's only a 10% chance of getting the Lucky Egg).

With a Lucky Egg you can get a 1.5x XP multiplier on any pokemon or a 2x (2.5x? something like that) multiplier on traded pokemon.

Also a note on the pokewalker: each step in with the walker = 1XP, but the pokemon inside the walker will stop gaining XP once they reach enough to level. At that point you can move them back to the game, and then trade them right back into the walker and they'll start gaining XP again.

Stuff about Lucky Egg

If you have access to a Sinnoh-region game, I suggest using those instead to get a Lucky Egg, it's pretty easy; catch a Banette with Frisk in the Battle Area, then chain Chanseys. When you finally get to one with a Lucky Egg, thief it, and either stop chaining or continue if you want more Lucky Eggs.

How do you download the pokewalker routes? I went to GameStop and tried the mystery gift option, but it said there was no gift in range.

Will using an Everstone to pass down natures work if you are breeding a genderless Pokemon?

How do you download the pokewalker routes? I went to GameStop and tried the mystery gift option, but it said there was no gift in range.
What routes? Yellow Forest is now unavailable, so unless you already had it, you can't get it. Winner's Path is currently the route up in the events. In order to get it, just make sure you're in a Wifi hotspot, set up a connection, and go from there. Select the Nintendo WFC thing.

As for the other non-event routes...like Hoenn Field you just need to walk. Some of the routes are available before you get the national dex and some aren't.

Will using an Everstone to pass down natures work if you are breeding a genderless Pokemon?

Well the everstone works with Ditto, so I imagine it'll work on other genderless pokemon as well. It will not, however, work on any foreign pokemon.

I'm having some trouble with the Saffron gym. Whenever I get to the middle of this gym, Sabrina is not there. Did I miss something?

alot of ppl have been saying they IV train. what is that?

EV training. It's a way of tweaking a pokemon's stats. Every pokemon you defeat is worth invisible EV points, and those points add up to additional stat upgrades when a pokemon levels or is put in the box. There's a limit to the number of points a pokemon can have, though, so "training" is making sure all those EVs are only in stats you want.

Here's the wiki page for it.

You may also be thinking of breeding for IVs. IVs are also invisible stats, but they're set in stone when a pokemon is first hatched or caught. At level 100 a pokemon with, say, a 31 IV in speed will have 31 more points in speed than a pokemon with a speed IV of 0, provided they are of the same species and have the same EVs. Some items allow parents with high IVs to pass those IVs on to their children.

Again, the wiki page

Last edited:
That makes no sense. Are you sure you're in the right chamber?

Yes, I'm in the right chamber, it has two teleprorters,a red one and a green one. I also checked Celadon City's gym and Erika wasn't there either. Is my copy glitched? Or did I miss something?

I just got the EXPN card from the Lavender Radio Tower. It's true that you can tune in to the Kanto stations with it, right? I've been trying to tune in to the Poke Flute station so that I can get the Snorlax that's been sleeping in Route 11. Problem is, when I move the indicator, I don't seem to find the Poke Flute station anywhere. Did I do anything wrong?

I just got the EXPN card from the Lavender Radio Tower. It's true that you can tune in to the Kanto stations with it, right? I've been trying to tune in to the Poke Flute station so that I can get the Snorlax that's been sleeping in Route 11. Problem is, when I move the indicator, I don't seem to find the Poke Flute station anywhere. Did I do anything wrong?

Poke Flute is at the very top of the globe.

Is there a list of what I can (or can't ) catch in Soul Silver. I'm just looking for a list of what I can catch with this game only (I don't mind trading, I just want to know what is available).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom