• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How mature are kids and teens today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous920314

何だよ?!
Reaction score
I know there are many adults on this page, and I'm just wondering, how has the life of a teen changed from when you were a teenager? Is it more violent, happier, more ready to vote, more mature?

I'm sixteen and a senior in High School, so I'm not really going to be the one to make the first comment, I'll wait for input.

Oh yeah, and what about the social networking sites? hah

Well it seems these days that kids are losing their virginity younger and younger.

Congrats on your 1,000th post!

I have no clue how teens are today to tell you the truth, but to be honest I think they're basically the same as they were when I was a teen. Lots of secrets, senseless drama, and kids trying their best to get by.

As for myself, I've learned since I was a teen to try my best not to get in the middle of other people's drama and do your best to determining which of your friends relationships are more serious than others so things don't get extremely awkward if they break up bad, and your friends with both. (And worse, they want you to take sides @_@;; )

I think I have the same mindset I've had since a teenager, but I think I've learned to prioritize better because I don't have as much time to play videogames and watch Anime like when I was still in High School. But yeah, at the same time I wouldn't say I'm more mature than I was at as a teenager. Like I'm still 100% for instigating people to do something mischievous (but I was still kind of mature for a teenager, I always kind of hung around with people older than me and people'd always come to me for advice, so I knew almost everyone's secret in HS... which gets me back into the drama part, lol)

I'm thirteen. I'm emotionally and mentally mature, but a kid at heart. I study at Philippine Science High School.

Lots of secrets, senseless drama, and kids trying their best to get by.

That's all it is, trust me.

Although, whiny "look-at-me-I-have-it-so-hard-PITY-ME!" is very popular around these parts.

"My bloody Science Report was three pages long! THREE PAGES! EVERYONE HATES ME!"

It depends on where you go in my opinion. I know in places where I live that kids and especially teens are very immature. Most can't even do their homework.

In Colorado and Texas, the teens I have met have been mature, with the exception of a few.

Here's something to think about. Do you think that this is mature for his age?

Teenager. Not child. Now be quiet please before I eat your soul.

Not so? I thought so. In my opinion, most kids are immature until they hit 21.

Yeah, it definately depends. Kids are either TOO mature, and it's just plain weird, or they act like four-year-olds, and it's also just plain weird. I'd like to think that I'm one of those who rests nicely inbetween. But that would mean that I act my age. And if everybody my age acts different (as in either too mature, or not mature enough), then what's THAT supposed to mean? 0_o

That's all it is, trust me.

Although, whiny "look-at-me-I-have-it-so-hard-PITY-ME!" is very popular around these parts.

"My bloody Science Report was three pages long! THREE PAGES! EVERYONE HATES ME!"

Yeah but you know you can't just say:
"Oh don't be so whiny about it."

Because they're just going to bottle up emotions, and that can only go down hill.

Kids are always the same--clever, rule-breakers, innovative, awesome. Adults are just jealous that they can't be kids anymore, and so they whine about the habits of the current generation of kids.

Since I am one of them, it is kinda hard to say how "we" act, although I strongly doubt that it's always been this whiny... Everywhere you turn, people talk about how bad they feel. Come on, if they really felt bad they wouldn't "brag" about it (in lack for better words).

Also, a few years ago I realized that people are a lot more immature than you expect. Hell, when I was a couple of years (say, 4-5 years) younger I always thought people were fully grown-up (in the "mature" sense of the word) around what age I am now... I got pwned by reality, it seems =)

I tend to act in a quite immature manner, and laugh at things others would call "immature", but realizing that you are immature is, imo, a clear sign of maturity... So I really have no idea. I guess that I am quite immature superficially but I can act maturely when the situation calls for it.

Ok now I've used up all my "mature" and "immature" for the next few weeks ^^

People compare kids to how things were when *they* were kids, but honestly things change. Think of how much things changed between 1900 and 1920--at the beginning of that, kids were expected to work before they hit the age of 10. There've been child soldiers throughout history--heck, in the '80s with all those African wars, there were pre-teen army LEADERS. And kids, especially girls, have historically been expected to marry and start having kids of their own around 13.

And *those* people were considered spoiled by the generations before them.

It really depends on the kid. Ive personally been meeting very disprespectful and immature kids, and I think a lot of that is from their parents. In my opinion, a lot of them have parents that had, well, an accidental child and arent really ready to be parents. Therefore, the kids are out of control/exposed to mature content that they cant handle maturely. And that always leads to problems.

Well it seems these days that kids are losing their virginity younger and younger.

Im thirteen and ive started high school.. and it seems that what you said is correct..

But you see people are immature because they want to be.. And if somone wants to lose their virginity at say 15? They could but it could do serious harm to them (eg pregnancy?)

At my school school people right their phone numbers on this wall asking for sex... its just a clear sign of maturity.. And when you hit high school you feel more mature in many ways..

Plus.. Im pretty immature myself XD!!!

I like to think that I'm pretty mature. =\ But everyone at school, around me, isn't. Drives me insane. Just do what the teacher tells you and shut your trap, please! DDDx

Well it seems these days that kids are claiming to be losing their virginity younger and younger.

Congrats on your 1,000th post!
Indeed agreed.

Kids are kids. They're as more mature as children in this time can be in my opinion.

I don't think kids have matured any more than previous generations, as it's all relative (imagine having to skip school to pull veggies in a field all day or something). I think that parents either drag children through the mud or shelter them to the extent they don't know what mud is. I remember thinking in my childhood/teen years that I was way more mature than my classmates. I was ... but it wasn't until I got to my mid-twenties that I realized just how far from mature I really was back then.

I defied the norms of kids in my time anyway. I was probably a bit more mature than I should have been then, except for one thing. I also thought the whole world was against me, but I chose to be hateful over it. I said phooey on everyone. It wasn't until I got into community college that I finally got to calm down and enjoy my life. At the time, though, I thought I was more mature because I never wasted my time fooling around and neglecting my studies. We all go through it and later realize we are all idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom