• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon effect the anime?

A trailer sometime around August sounds likely to me. I'm sure that they'd want to showcase the new starters in an animated trailer as soon as possible, but I don't know if they'd want to focus of the new series to overshadow the movie in July. If we don't have anything by August, then we'll definitely have something by September.

What if they will introduce a 8 generation pokemon in the 8 gym for this generations anime?

Did someone notice that Wulfric could be related to the new profesor from Alola region?

Last edited:
I think Sun and Moon isn't about Ash anymore, I have that feeling, during xy and z..
We had feeling BW wasn't about Ash too because of DP.Plus, it was route 1 again,no old Pokemon appeared and look what happened... It will be about Ash. No Ash means no Pikachu and Pikachu is mascot of Pokemon...

We had feeling BW wasn't about Ash too because of DP.Plus, it was route 1 again,no old Pokemon appeared and look what happened... It will be about Ash. No Ash means no Pikachu and Pikachu is mascot of Pokemon...
Like what someone on the forum said before, the time to replace Ash had long been passed and gone in the second generation. The writers wanted to keep Ash and they will forever keep Ash and he will never be replaced.

I'm looking at this from a different angle, I think we're going to start to get tiny hints that this series is coming to an end. It's gradually going to become apparent to Serena what Ash's main focus is, ie. becoming a Pokemon Master. Because of this, she's going to start seriously thinking about Palermo's offer to train her.

For example, in the next episode, things are going to go something like this -
Serena finds Ash and tells him how worried she was about him, but Ash is thinking too much about losing to Wulfric and mastering Ash-Greninja to really notice.

I'm looking at this from a different angle, I think we're going to start to get tiny hints that this series is coming to an end. It's gradually going to become apparent to Serena what Ash's main focus is, ie. becoming a Pokemon Master. Because of this, she's going to start seriously thinking about Palermo's offer to train her.

For example, in the next episode, things are going to go something like this -
Serena finds Ash and tells him how worried she was about him, but Ash is thinking too much about losing to Wulfric and mastering Ash-Greninja to really notice.

Everything flies over Ash's head that by the time he realizes it, it's too late. Romance has never been a major driving force in Pokemon, and at the end of the day, Serena--I hate to say--is just another girl that happens to be travelling with Ash. Honestly, you have a better chance of seeing a new F-Zero game than you do seeing Serena be back for another season.

Not to mention Serena sticking around for another series would make the whole setup for her departure with Palermo a waste of time. They've set up her departure since her first Showcase and while I can still understand why people would want her to stay, it would really be bad writing for her to ignore that offer completely in favor of staying with Ash. Plus, there's really no good story driven for Serena to stay, she'll be able to progress more in her goal with Palermo and I do not want Showcases to show up in Alola too.

idk but I think they always show the new anime series logo after the movie to advertise the next year's movie. That's why I expect news about S/M anime in middle july even if it's just a generic poster.

Whatever the new girl's goal is, I don't think it could be worse than Showcases......

Right? RIGHT?!

We can only hope.
The only thing I liked about Showcases were the dance performances, those parts weren't bad.
I do hope that they bring contests back, that would be awesome. :D

I read about the eventual title name... And I'd prefer good and old games' title tackled after "Pocket Monsters" as always. Not that I dislike "Advanced Generation" or "Best Wishes", however they have nothing to do with "Ruby\Sapphire" and "Black\White".

I rather go for "Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon" than any other possible one like "Aloha, Alola", etc...

Remembering the DP series was called Diamond & Pearl and DP was just a nickname xD

I would like the new girl to be the main hero and her goal is to win the Alola League. Maybe Ash could be her tutor.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom