• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon effect the anime?

save the romance for when he's older!.
Ash getting older! :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That's one thing that will never happen as long as I watch Pokémon (and that's forever).
Anyways...
I don't see any problem with Rowlet being Ash's starter Pokémon o_O:confused:, as this particular Rowlet could very well be the serious one. (It would also kill two birds with one stone) Though Litten sounds like a good choice as well. Popplio, I am not so sure or convinced.
And it would be a nice change if Team Rocket gets a starter Pokémon o_Oo_O:confused::confused: as well, but that's highly unlikely.
Also a nice change would also be Serena traveling with Ash. Not for AmourShipping, but because she only three Pokémon so far and traveling to Alola would increase her number of Pokémon.

I would like to see a short transition between XY & Z and Sun/Moon where Ash goes island-hopping for 2-3 episodes on his own. The captain who takes him on his journey to Alola has a daughter who is the lightly-tanned version of girl 7 (because she looks Polynesian).

Saw new trailer and starters. Given how we have now official confirmation of S&M being based on Hawaii, im kinda expecting more innovation in outfits main cast for 7th generation would wear. Because admittedly seeing Ash in more easy going, casual clothes would be something fresh and different. Needless to say appropriate too for tropical environment like now called Alola region.

Out of all starters Rowlet takes first place for me. Its definitely cute looking little owl and abit unusual design for grass specie. Needless to say this pokemon could be owl based pokemon done right. Unlike poor Noctowl who never had chance to be properly fleshed out and put to greater use. Hoped for it return and more redemption, but I guess that idea can be forgotten.

As for potential new characters if it was me either current Kalos characters would stay r some of familiar faces from past would return for continuation of their stories,.

Because im tired and sick of this repetitive rollercoaster of new characters joining in, being dumped like trash after 3 to 4 years never to be seen or heard from again. Defeats point of having them around if all build up and their relevance will fade away and be interrupted.

Speaking of which:
Given additional hype going on for pokemon reaching 20th anniversary. Vague claims from mr. Tsunekazu Ishihara(president of Pokémon company) how next games will "tie everything together"(or something along those lines].
Sun and Moon coming around time pokemon show is reaching 20 years milestone of its very own existence(which is a big deal), figurines of classic pokemon characters like Ash, Misty, TR being released in Japan etc,.

Gave me this what may see for many crazy idea.

But since S&M is coming around time both games and anime are practically reaching 20 years of existence impose question of its own. What if Sun and Moon based generation wont have any new characters joining Ash staying away from predictable, repetitive routine we came to expect for past 12 years?
With Sun and Moon saga being heavily oriented toward past and full of nostalgic references and reuse of older characters?

I will be all of it. Kinda going in line with this big 20 years milestone reflecting on anime.

Not that I would complain and would be all for pokemon company for 7th generation and S&M pulling of something similar to what Digimon Tri Adventure did or Dragon Ball Super for their anniversaries. Doing continuation of stories of older forgotten characters helping Ash to defeat enemy and give us coverage of their own progression and how much they changed(like having new looks and outfits, new pokemon, revealing new traits in their personalities as result of their solo journeys they went through adding on their older traits). Which would deliver fresh, new things to look forward to.
Or writers give them recurring roles bumping in Ash and hid new friends from time to time as they advance their own stories joining him for awhile.

I would love to see personally some of Ash older friends or rivals coming back for Sun and Moon generation(and that involves playing more important role than just short visit for episode or two).

We could see Misty joining Ash on his travels to advance her water pokemon master dream by entering tournaments similar to Whirl Cup(i always thought water pokemon are enough varied and widespread to support elemental competitions) after finding substitute for gym, Catch new pokemon, work on becoming possibly E4 member ranking up as trainer. See how much her friendship with Ash changed since its been long time. Or how much she changed herself, etc.For example like ii said before Hawaii based region would work wonders for some characters like Misty for example having lot of untapped potential(and shes not the only one).

We could see May traveling to region where Ash is to promote idea of contests there, See similar competitions focusing on elegance and beauty of pokemon like what Musicals were in BW or now Pokemon performance taking some of ideas for her future contest challenges. See her rivals again, work on developing her own style as coordinator etc. Etc.

Because it would be nice for change that anime cares more about storyline which builds on itself having ties to what happened before, continuity and consistent, gradual character development where protagonists stay essential to plot. Rather than being just marketing gimmicks destined to leave and never be see again.

With promotion of new games being done through older, renewed and updated to modern times older characters and new, more innovative ways of transferring new products from Nintendo games on screen through deeper, conscious story filled with continuity . If anything this would make this anime more popular and alluring for wider group of viewers.

Im aware im in big minority, but this is what I would welcome for Sun and Moon based generation making for more unpredictable and creative formula for a change implemented in pokemon series.

I'm curious to see how they will handle Ash traveling around Alola. Ash has traveled island archipelagos before but they were short filler sagas. This is something totally different since he will spend a full saga here (unless they change things drastically but that's unlikely imo). They will either need to make the islands really big and have multiple episodes take place on certain islands or add a ton of anime-exclusive islands to keep Ash traveling around.

Ash getting older! :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That's one thing that will never happen as long as I watch Pokémon (and that's forever).
Anyways...
I don't see any problem with Rowlet being Ash's starter Pokémon o_O:confused:, as this particular Rowlet could very well be the serious one. (It would also kill two birds with one stone) Though Litten sounds like a good choice as well. Popplio, I am not so sure or convinced.
And it would be a nice change if Team Rocket gets a starter Pokémon o_Oo_O:confused::confused: as well, but that's highly unlikely.
Also a nice change would also be Serena traveling with Ash. Not for AmourShipping, but because she only three Pokémon so far and traveling to Alola would increase her number of Pokémon.

For some reason I agree with this completely. I would actually like to see Serena travel with Ash to Alola but I doubt it will happen unfortunately... or even Clemont. I've warmed to them more than I ever did to Iris & Cilan, and I love the dynamic the group has right now.

As much as I want Serena to continue travelling with Ash (despite the terribly bad goal they have given her, lol, I'm sorry if it's not contests; it isn't right, imo), they wouldn't do such a fan service. Iris was terrible, and I'm glad she left, along with Cilan and his "OHHH I'M ALSO A MUD CONNOISSEUR TOO, AND A BIKE CONNOISSEUR" - ridiculous.

If they add the new girl to the group, I want the other male of the group to be Kukui from the S/M trailer (also unlikely but he seriously looks like a fun person). If their going to add a gym leader to the group again, I'd rather he be more like Brock than Clemont (not that I have a problem with Clemont, I just feel a Brock-like character would make for a better companion in such a tropical environment; cooking, camping ect, less hassle when your experiments are blowing up ect).

Iris was terrible, and I'm glad she left, along with Cilan and his "OHHH I'M ALSO A MUD CONNOISSEUR TOO, AND A BIKE CONNOISSEUR" - ridiculous.

If they add the new girl to the group, I want the other male of the group to be Kukui from the S/M trailer (also unlikely but he seriously looks like a fun person). If their going to add a gym leader to the group again, I'd rather he be more like Brock than Clemont (not that I have a problem with Clemont, I just feel a Brock-like character would make for a better companion in such a tropical environment; cooking, camping ect, less hassle when your experiments are blowing up ect).
First of all, I am glad that you agree with my opinion. Secondly, I don't agree with yours.

In-spite of what the majority Pokémon fans say (and I am dead sure you are one of them), Iris and Cilan are not bad characters at all. I did not find Iris terrible one bit during the BW series. In fact, she is my second favorite female character, losing only to Misty (y)(y). Sure Cilan gets carried away with his Connoisseur instincts, being a Metro, a Science, a Fishing and a Detective Connoisseur (which I also didn't find much appealing), but he was one of the best Pokémon Connoisseurs out there. (I especially liked loved his evaluation times.) I know it's your opinion and I can completely appreciate that; it's just that I wanted to share mine as well :).

Secondly, I feel that a Clemont-like character would be better than a Brock-like character for Ash and the gang because I feel that Clemont has shown more personality and is more interactive than the rather serious Brock. I do not remember that guy smiling on-screen for more than a few minutes in total as long as a girl is not involved. (This does not mean that I hate Brock; I love him just like any one other Pokémon character, though to a lesser extent.) And I would prefer an interactive and a smiling character over a serious one any day :LOL::LOL::):):D:D.

I'm wondering if they'll go with "Sun and Moon" as the title, or mix things up...

To be honest I don't really like when they just throw the game's name in as the show's title, I like when they mix things up with "Advanced Generation" or "Best Wishes".

I bet you though the dub is gonna name at least one of the seasons "Pokemon: Aloha, Alola".

I'm wondering if they'll go with "Sun and Moon" as the title, or mix things up...

To be honest I don't really like when they just throw the game's name in as the show's title, I like when they mix things up with "Advanced Generation" or "Best Wishes".

I bet you though the dub is gonna name at least one of the seasons "Pokemon: Aloha, Alola".

I don't mind the game names being used for a title. It does help to make it even clearer what they're promoting, but I don't know if they'll do that with Sun/Moon or not. I almost expect the first episode of the new series to have Aloha, Alola as the dub title to be honest.

Perhaps, if Serena joins Ash again in the Alola adventure, she'll capture a Jigglypuff(the same one who used to follow Ash), whilst leaving her other Pokémon at home, and while in Alola with Ash, she'll catch a Popplio, which would be perfect for her since it's a performing Pokémon and she's a performer. And she'll probably wear one of the outfits based on the female player in the games

I'm not sure why they'd bring back Jigglypuff after being gone for over ten years. Its goal of finding someone to listen to its whole song wouldn't even work given the moves and abilities that prevent moves like Sing from working in the first place. Plus, Serena leaving the group is practically guaranteed at this point.

Although, I really like the idea of Popplio going to the female lead. While I really don't want Showcases to go past XY, if they brought back Contests for the new female lead, a Popplio would be a perfect choice. There's clearly an emphasis on its performance based on the official artwork, so it would be a great fit for a new Coordinator. I'd like it more than just having Popplio being the comedy relief starter. It could be kind of like Piplup in the sense of being strong and used for comedy relief at the same time. I wouldn't want it to match with Piplup's personality completely, but a role like Piplup's would be better than something like Oshawott's or Chespin's.

I feel like Rowlet will go to the girl. Don't ask me why. I have no idea either.

Sometimes, I had a wonder whether Brock would come at this region. Just imagine he's around trolling girls here and there while Croagunk prepares to Poison Jab him.

Ah, miss the old days...

I would really rather see Ash battling one of these starters final form in the Kalos league.(like in Johto Blaziken)
Popplio or Rowlet in that matter, but saying that the Owl is the predator to the rodent(Pikachu) , on the other hand Popplio would get to show what it becomes(if it would have Bulletproof then it could neutralize Electro Ball) it would be hard
for me to choose.

It would be interesting to see how Ash looses to a trainer from the Alola region that uses all 6 new pokemon and would be the best way to show new pokemon without leaks and showing us them trough trailers.

I was just checking Bulbapedia about Ash and his trivia and noticed something: Two times; Ash tried to catch Dunsparce. I was thinking: What if he catches Dunsparce near the end of XY( so no Bergmite or Carbink) and Dunsparce gets evolution in Moon and Sun? It'd be something like Aipom. It just feels very odd for Ash to try to catch same Pokemon twice, he seems really interested in Dunsparce. Why wasn't he interested in OS? hmm

Since the dub has retroactively named all of the previous series "Pokemon the Series: ___ and ___" I'm almost positive this will be "Pokemon the Series: Sun and Moon".

I hope the Japanese version goes the BW route and comes up with something clever again, that series probably had the best name imo.

Also kinda off topic but does anyone know about how far in advance we typically see the first trailers for each series? I didn't get into the fandom online until after Best Wishes started and I only vaguely remember the timing of the XY promotion, wasn't it the mid to late summer that we started seeing promos and clips for it? When should we expect to start seeing SM anime stuff?

Since the dub has retroactively named all of the previous series "Pokemon the Series: ___ and ___" I'm almost positive this will be "Pokemon the Series: Sun and Moon".

I hope the Japanese version goes the BW route and comes up with something clever again, that series probably had the best name imo.

Also kinda off topic but does anyone know about how far in advance we typically see the first trailers for each series? I didn't get into the fandom online until after Best Wishes started and I only vaguely remember the timing of the XY promotion, wasn't it the mid to late summer that we started seeing promos and clips for it? When should we expect to start seeing SM anime stuff?
I think we'll start seeing Pokemon Sun and Moon anime promotion in last summer/early fall this year like they did for XY.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom