• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How would you get along with your younger self?

We would get along quite well. Same interests, same hobbies. She's spent half her life worrying, that teenage me, so I'd give her some advice.
I'd tell her to keep her head high and ignore what other people say, that there's nothing to be ashamed of being friendless. I'd tell her to respect her own feelings more than the people around her, and if a 'friend' turns away, she should drop them. Anyone who's not going to stay around isn't worth clinging on to, and tell teenage me that she hasn't done anything wrong.
If I get to see the ten-year-old me, I'd say she should calm down and stop exploding a lot. Being emotional never helps, and there's always going to be jerks everywhere who'd provoke her. Oh, and I'd tell her to quit her private lessons and get her to read more books. That kid needs more vocabulary.

I'd probably grab my younger self by the shoulders and tell her what a %$#@ing idiot she is. I'd tell her don't let opportunities go by, learn from all the mistakes made and don't repeat them, and to grow a damn backbone. I wouldn't doubt kid-me would be shy around current-me and probably cry if I did that. God, I was a weak kid.

I think I better steer clear away from time machines if they ever invent them. =P

Me meeting myself from ten years ago might not be the best idea, because seeing anything I wrote from 2005-2007 gives me a very strong urge to reach through the screen and smack myself in the face, and hard.

I might literally got insane if this were to occur... But I say, let it occur if I really could warn myself of what was to come, and to fix my terrible irreversible mistakes.

Well normally I would say that I'd kick his ass but that's not a good thing to do to a ten year old.

I guess I'd tell him...to not listen to my parents so much xD; I mean they've always tried to help me out but I feel like I did a lot of things by the books which kind of affected the way I grew up at least among other people. I'd tell him to not worry so much about upsetting them and just mess around and have fun more with others and to be more open minded.

I don't think I'd get along well at all xD I've changed a lot in the last 2-3 years

Ooh this is an interesting thread~

7-year-old me was a very shy and easily scared girl (and by that I mean I couldn't even talk to people I didn't know well) so I don't know how she'd react to meeting me now. I hope she'd be happy about how far I've come confidence-wise since then! I'd be very protective and supportive of her because I really needed someone like that when I was younger, and hopefully she'd come out of her shell and talk to me aha. I think I'd get on well with her since I tend to get on better with younger kids than people my age/older than me. She'd probably be like a younger sister to me~

I'm fairly certain that I would beat the shit out of my younger self. I was a douche/idiot.

Ah, younger me. We would probably get along... not very well... I'm terrible around younger kids, so being around me from 10 years ago would be torture.
I was very timid, and absolutely despised talking to others I didn't know. I also cried a lot depending on the situation. I've changed drastically personality-wise, but humour-wise I've only changed a little. I still carry that immature humour from all those years ago. So, maybe we would actually get along better than the other loudmouth kids around my street.

I dunno how we'd get along.Ten years ago I was only a fan of Pokemon and Mario,so I wouldn't have much in common there.I also had more friends,loved the outdoors(which included snow),and I wasn't hidden in my room all day gaming.Plus,I'm a shy nerd now,so I don't think I'd be able to talk to myself.

10 years ago I'd be 9 so we wouldn't really be able to have any meaningful conversations, but I was a hilarious child so I'd probably get on well with me.
Me from 5 years ago though - I'd probably end up upsetting her, pointing out that she has a poor choice in boyfriends and that she should start paying more attention in class. Younger me was super irresponsible and made poor decisions based on what her 'boyfriend' thought would be a good idea. Especially when it came to education. I'm glad we had broken up by the time I finished high school or I'd probably be living in a box by now.

Oh it would be great fun, I'd turn mini-Dolce into my ideal younger self! But really I'd think we'd definitely get along, I mean back when I was a kid I always looked to others for help when things went bad so I'd want to teach her to be more independent and think critically. Also that naivety would be the death of her if she didn't learn to be more observant of her surroundings. But overall I'm not disgusted by how I used to act, I'd just find a way to instill more confidence into her. Other than that I'd show her all the cool things I learned recently since I've always been curious as a person.

When I was younger, I was a Nintendo fanboy, and that hasn't changed now. My younger self would probably be the best friend I've ever had.

I would probably find my younger self to be ignorant and even a bit of a racist. When I was younger, I hated Anglo-Celtic people with a flaming passion and viewed them all as snobs and bigots. I was also a lot more hostile to people criticising my beliefs. My younger self would have probably treated my friend Ashley like crap. Believe it or not, the younger me and the younger Ashley would probably be enemies. I'd hate to meet my younger self considering how much I've matured. Some of my earliest posts on Bulbagarden are more reflective of my younger self than my current self. Also, my taste in music and TV wasn't as mature. I still can't believe I liked Hannah Montana when it was first on, given that now I have a deep hatred for both Miley Cyrus and Mitchel Musso. (I grew out of it by the time I was 13.)

I would find my younger self naive and kinda annoying

But I would forgive junior me, because he's young

We'd be good friends, and I'd give him all the information he desired and took a while to get so he can have a easier journey through life.

I wouldn't either be able to take them seriously at all, or then I'd just get frustrated due to utter lack of self-confidence. On the other hand, my younger self had a better sense of humor than I do nowadays...

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom