• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How would you improve/nerf this Pokemon?

Give it a better Special Flying attack and maybe Knock Off.
Clawitzer

Push its Speed stat to somewhere higher than 78 so that it's not worse than Mega Blastoise in virtually every way. I could reasonably see Clawitzer in the 90-100 range since it can reach an underwater speed of 60 knots by water expulsion.

How about its version counterpart Dragalge?

Give it Play Rough so it can actually make decent use of its 115 Attack. A fast physical Fairy would be pretty unique.

Granbull.

Move its 105 Special Attack with that 65 Speed. Heatmor received a brilliant signature move in Fire Lash for this generation and it's being sadly wasted thanks to a Speed stat that's no good for either standard conditions or Trick Room.

Durant?

Maybe get rid of Truant for something actuallly useful, but I have no idea otherwise.
Articuno

Let's face it, "defensive Ice-type" has been an oxymoron since Gen 4 (STEALTH ROCK). I think it'd be better if it were more offensive like the other birds, so I'd swap its Special stats to give it the 125 Special Attack it had in Gen 1, change Snow Cloak for a useful Hidden Ability like Slush Rush, and give it more special moves so its movepool isn't complete toilet.

Glaceon.

Same here, change Snow Cloak for something better.
Zangoose

Give it Sandstorm so everyone can stop talking crap about it having Sand Rush. Then y'all can have Fur Coat in Intimidate's place instead as it's basically a straight upgrade.

Arcanine?

give it gunk shot, and possibly give earthquake a secondary effect, so physical sheer force sets would be more viable. Maybe give it a recovery move too.

swalot

Give it Slack Off and an actual HP stat, so it can at least try to salvage its defenses despite its garbage defensive type.

Bronzong.

Nerf the hell out of its ultra annoying types/abilities combo! Oh wait, they did that already two gens ago...
Give it slightly better HP and maybe some physical Psychic type attack other than Zen Headbutt (either Psychic Fangs, nevermind it doesn't have fangs, or Psycho Cut).

Better let's nerf Greninja next.

I'm not sure I want to Nerf it, since it's one of my new faves, but I guess dropping its Sp. Def down to 99 or something could work.

Speaking of annoying walls, Chansey

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom