• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ010: With Nemo and Colza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kalos and Alola also followed the plot of one version, but that didn't prevent them from showing elements from the other version.
It wouldn't make sense this time due to the nature of the Paradox Pokémon. They can only use one set or the other because of how the time machine works.

It wouldn't make sense this time due to the nature of the Paradox Pokémon. They can only use one set or the other because of how the time machine works.
They can easily change how the Time Machine works, I mean, come on now. They don’t have to be restricted to one game to showcase the gimmick Pokémon. The anime has (and probably will this time too) come up with its own mechanisms to describe why things happen in their universe all the time.

To be fair, we don't actually know exactly how it works in the games anyways. There's nothing that explicitly says it cant change its destination, the professor of your game just only cares about one of them.
(And that's assuming the imagination theory isn't true which could totally allow it to change what it sends out)

Although it does make sense why they would go with Scarlet. The Past Paradoxes are far more popular with the fanbase than the Future Paradoxes.

Also if they include both schools they would have to create an anime OC to be the director of one of them.

Yeah. Looks like Turo and the Violet Paradoxes are gonna be left unadapted because it appears that they're gonna follow Scarlet.
I don't think tat the Violet Paradox Pokemon are going to be left unadapted just because they're going to follow Scarlet. I'm less sure about Professor Turo, if only because I don't know how they're going to handle the Area Zero storyline in general, but I don't think that they'd leave out a good chuck of Paradox Pokemon just because of following Scarlet. I would hope that Horizons showcases all of the new gimmick Pokemon instead of only featuring some of them. I don't think that they'll be relevant after this generation if the Ultra Beast were any indication, so leaving them unadapted in the anime would be disappointing.

It really wouldn't be hard to change how the time machine works. It isn't like the anime as ever been one hundred percent faithful to the games' storylines either. Maybe both Professor Sada and Professor Turo were fighting over the machine, which could cause both past and future Paradox Pokemon to exist at once. SM still followed Sun through Nebby evolving into Solgaleo, but that didn't prevent them from showcasing Lunala or Pokemon exclusive to Moon.

Although it does make sense why they would go with Scarlet. The Past Paradoxes are far more popular with the fanbase than the Future Paradoxes.
While it does seem like the past Paradox Pokemon are more popular with fans than the Future Paradox Pokemon, if the fan art I've seen is any indication, I don't think that was the reason for this decision. I would assume that this was planned well before they saw how the Paradox Pokemon were received. Plus, the anime has tended to follow through events of the first version from past generations as well, so going with Scarlet over Violet isn't really unusual in that regard.

Also if they include both schools they would have to create an anime OC to be the director of one of them.
I don't see why that would be a problem since they could easily do something like that. They could give Clavell a twin brother so that they could have him in both of his official designs. Maybe even make it into a joke where the characters wonder if its the same Clavell only to realize that he does have a twin brother working at the other school.

Kalos and Alola also followed the plot of one version, but that didn't prevent them from showing elements from the other version.
Sword and Shield has different Gym Leaders and having Bea pop up did not stop Allister from being given a role even though he doesn't appear in Sword. Time machines don't work one way in most depictions, so absolutely nothing prevents one type of Paradox Pokemon, or changing the story so both Sada and Turo can work together. Story changes aren't uncommon. I mean look at Lusamine. None of this pervents one side from not being represented. It only does to one person who insists on making bold, baseless claims with little evidence other than "Well I think...."

Sword and Shield has different Gym Leaders and having Bea pop up did not stop Allister from being given a role even though he doesn't appear in Sword. Time machines don't work one way in most depictions, so absolutely nothing prevents one type of Paradox Pokemon, or changing the story so both Sada and Turo can work together. Story changes aren't uncommon. I mean look at Lusamine. None of this pervents one side from not being represented. It only does to one person who insists on making bold, baseless claims with little evidence other than "Well I think...."

Yeah, Scarlet seems to be the canon version, but nothing is stopped them to for example make Arven a member of the Violet School instead.

Heck, for the sake of the argument, they can even adapt a certain person in the games to be the Violet School head (Clive), while Clavell is the Scarlet head.

I feel like both Sada and Turo can both coexist in the same anime universe. They can make the Paldea region have two professors, with one specializing in the past, and past form paradox Pokemon (Sada).

And the other professor specializing in the future and future form Paradox Pokemon (Turo).

I can see how it can be a bit tricky if they implement the Area Zero arc. But they can work something out.

I don’t feel like both academies will appear in the same universe in the anime. There could be a storyline where Liko and the others are pulled into some sort of portal that takes them to an alt universe. Though, it could be unlikely since it doesn’t really happen in the games.

Though, airships aren’t in the game and the explorers aren’t in the game so why not?

It's a pity that Ash is no longer here to challenge Nemona or Brassius in battle but that won't matter. True?
It’s a shame that Ash won’t be able to battle Nemona. (I think Ash battling Brassius will be just like him battling any other gym leader) They’re both extremely battle hungry people so it’d be interesting to see their dynamic. But that would be that the series would be probably a rehash of previous series and not be as good as it is right now. When you look at it from afar, it’s disappointing though when you zoom it, it’s fine that it never happened.

Sword and Shield has different Gym Leaders and having Bea pop up did not stop Allister from being given a role even though he doesn't appear in Sword.
The difference between this and that is that in this series Paldea seems to be more significant than Galar thus the problem will be more significant.

Last edited:
To be fair Allister likely does still exist in the Sword universe just not in game. The minor league with all the other gym types exists even if we cant challenge it.

As for Sada and Turo, it is implied both professors exist in both universes, one just leaves a long while before the game.

To be fair Allister likely does still exist in the Sword universe just not in game. The minor league with all the other gym types exists even if we cant challenge it.

As for Sada and Turo, it is implied both professors exist in both universes, one just leaves a long while before the game.
Although that might not be the case. The professor's spouse might be someone else altogether.

Have Clavell be director of both schools, but have him move back and forth really quickly. It will just be like the Olsen Twins.

This message was brought to you by Last Week Tonight.

Just change how the Time Machine works. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom