• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I don't understand why they can't show Dawn again?

VAs have nothing to do with the fate of characters, proved 23523523 times before... (I don't know why I even bother repeating this, as just like all previous times, people will continue to ignore this fact...)

VAs have nothing to do with the fate of characters, proved 23523523 times before... (I don't know why I even bother repeating this, as just like all previous times, people will continue to ignore this fact...)

Proven when?

Proven when?

1. When Jessie's VA was replaced when her VA wasn't available
2. When they used old recordings for Pikachu's voice when its VA wasn't available
3. When they replaced Giovanni's VA after his VA died
4. When they replaced Buneary/Pokédex/Marian's VA when the previous VA wasn't available
And I'm sure you can find more examples both in Pokémon and other anime...
While it doesn't happen as much in Japan, VAs ARE replaced in Japan too...
Episodes are made months in advance, the writers/animators more than likely don't really know anything about the VAs at all, they just make the eps and only then VAs are called to voice their characters

If they wanted to keep Wobbuffet, they could easily do it with Brock gone, either calling his VA for Wobbuffet and other small roles, or use old recordings (they have more than enough for Wobbuffet, especially with how limited its role was in recent seasons)
The reason Wobbuffet is gone and the reason Ash has all new friends and the reason we don't see any older Poké is obviously because THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE GAMES DID... BW is the biggest fresh start Pokémon ever did in the games and it's reflected in the anime too... (and no Scott, that doesn't mean it's a reboot, it isn't)

So yeah... VAs have nothing to do with why Brock and Wobbuffet aren't here anymore... it's all part of the fresh start thing (and since TRio's Poké didn't really leave and are just in storage, I actually expect Wobbuffet and the rest of their DP team to appear in BW... so we'll see what happens then...)

1. When Jessie's VA was replaced when her VA wasn't available
2. When they used old recordings for Pikachu's voice when its VA wasn't available

Day off =/= Replacement. Their VAs are not replaced...

3. When they replaced Giovanni's VA after his VA died
4. When they replaced Buneary/Pokédex/Marian's VA when the previous VA wasn't available

Different cases. I'm sure there is some kind of clause in their contracts that allow OLM's replacing them in emergency cases like death...

Episodes are made months in advance, the writers/animators more than likely don't really know anything about the VAs at all, they just make the eps and only then VAs are called to voice their characters

VAs can not quit their jobs as they want. They make contracts that binding them to work till the expiration date of their contracts. Writers are working under same contracts...

If they wanted to keep Wobbuffet, they could easily do it with Brock gone, either calling his VA for Wobbuffet and other small roles,

But they/he did not make this for Mr. Mime, so it's probably something about VA...

or use old recordings (they have more than enough for Wobbuffet, especially with how limited its role was in recent seasons)

They can't use them without paying royalties to VA...

The reason Wobbuffet is gone and the reason Ash has all new friends and the reason we don't see any older Poké is obviously because THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE GAMES DID...

What about MR. MIME? I can understand Wobbuffet, but M's disappearance without any mention is not normal.

That doesn't change the fact that if a character needs to appear and the VA isn't available (for whatever reason) the VA will simply be replaced

VAs can not quit their jobs as they want. They make contracts that binding them to work till the expiration date of their contracts. Writers are working under same contracts...

Even if there's a contract with the VAs, I seriously doubt the writers/animators have anything to do with this... the VA stuff comes after the eps are ready and they start recording, I seriously doubt they write and animate the eps with stuff like "OH LISTEN! VA X won't continue to work for us next series, so don't include Brock or Wobbuffet there!" =\

But they/he did not make this for Mr. Mime, so it's probably something about VA...

Or... you know... Mr. Mime simply didn't appear cause it didn't appear and there's no special secret reasons behind it... shocking!

I'm not so sure about this... but anyway, again, they could also just use a different VA like they did for Mudkip, Buneary and others

What about MR. MIME? I can understand Wobbuffet, but M's disappearance without any mention is not normal.

When we get a serious Pallet Town episode and not a less-than-minute quick scene, we can try to discuss this
Saying Mr. Mime disappeared right now is extremely ridiculous
BW001 showed as a VERY short and quick Pallet scene for the sake of showing Ash leave his hometown to the new region... the scene was so short, quick, limited and contained only what it had to contain, since they rushed to get Ash to Unova as soon as possible and didn't waste time on unnecessary stuff (which is also why Tracey didn't appear at all)

Seriously... if they want Brock, Wobbuffet or Mr. Mime to appear - they'll appear no matter what... and if the VA won't want / won't be able to (for whatever reason) voice them, they'll get new voices (or in case of the Pokémon, possibly get older recordings used)
VAs mean nothing for the fate of characters

If Yuji Ueda has quit, they wont' go through the hassle of getting someone new to voice Brock if he cameos. Which is why I think he won't cameo, because it seems like his VA has quit voice acting.

Sure, but if they wanted him back but weren't in urgent need of him, they'd be less reluctant to bring him back now if his voice actor has quit.

This is not a thread about Takeshi. Please stick to the topic of Hikari being shown again.

I don't like when people write stuff like this... who even said he quit voice acting? is that really true? I remember how people spread lies about Gary's VA quiting voice acting and that being the reason for Gary leaving at the end of Johto, which obviously wasn't true, as his VA returned to voice him in his one episode of Chronicles and later in the final of AG and during the DP series...

Brock left because the writers wanted the BW series to be a fresh start like the games so they wanted Ash's friends to be all new... and because Brock really did stay for a long time already and it was logical he'll leave eventually too like Misty and the rest did... (though I do wish he stayed)

Wobbuffet left because all of TRio's Poké left which is again due to the games' fresh start and the whole "no old Poké rule"
As for Mr. Mime, as I said, I'll have to get a full Pallet Town ep before anything can be said about it... for BW001 - there was absolutely no reason to show it, same as with Tracey... so that can't be used to "prove" anything about it

Let's just wait and see what happens... I doubt Brock will appear in BW regardless of anything, cause I feel like they'd prefer not to feature previous series characters in BW due to the fresh start thing... the exceptions are Looker and Cynthia since they're in the games and Cynthia might mean a Paul appearance too cause Cynthia in the anime was part of the Ash/Paul rivalry
Other than Looker, Cynthia and Paul - I don't expect any old character to appear in BW... I'm sure they intentually delayed these Dawn/Brock DP eps so they'd be like the BW appearance of Dawn/Brock

they'd wouldn't bring him back now if his voice actor has quit unless his voice actor chooses to reprise the role.

Fix'd.

Japan is very touchy about replacing voice actors, because once a seiyuu is given a role, that role is uniquely their own. Replacing Yuji Ueda, who kept at Takeshi/voice acting in general for so long would be seen as an insult of the highest order. It'd be considered stupendously disrespectful. Typically, the only time there is EVER an instance in which seiyuu change is actor/actress existence failure.

But um, this thread is about Hikari :D And I don't believe she will reappear because there's not much of a niche she can fill.

They could introduce Dawn (for a while) as a "friend from the past".

The same goes for Brock.

Different cases. I'm sure there is some kind of clause in their contracts that allow OLM's replacing them in emergency cases like death...

Piplup is right though, VA's will leave or quit and they will be replaced. This show cost money and tehy want to keep it going all the time, they aren't gonna waste episodes.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom