• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If Pokemon were real would you force yours to battle?

Well, after reading all these posts, it's a bit difficult to answer.

It's sort of like boxing. But much more extreme with burns and freezes and getting paralysed and all. But then, probably pokemon have ab better immune system than us. They could be able to sustain the injuries.

And, like a few guys pointed out, you have to battle to train and catch more pokemon for your team. All the same, we can't push them too hard, can we?

So my answer is yes.

The best part is that if Pokemon were real, we wouldn't need HM slaves because we could climb/squeeze by trees, use aircraft to bypass whirlpools, use yachts to cross large bodies of waters, break rocks with dynamite, move boulders with bulldozers, and... well, waterfalls are still difficult.

I'd rather get a pokémon to just whirlpool for me than pay through the nose for an AIRCRAFT. And you can't really solve Deep fog without pokémon either.

I'd only do it if they wanted me to. And besides, I'd be a Pokéathlete instead!

I wouldn't force my Pokemon to battle if they didn't want to

If my pokemon were smart they would do as they're told, and if not, I'll send out one who will to teach the punk a lesson. Then I'd release the beaten weakling.

Well, I wouldn't focus on battling but on traveling and befriending Pokemon, so I hope I'd have a really strong relationship with my Pokemon.
I'd expect them to come to my side should a battle arise, but I wouldn't force any of them to.

I wouldn't force them to battle, if they didn't want to battle I would use a Pokemon that does want to battle, and keep the one who doesn't want to battle home so they can relax and have fun

Would I take part in battles? Definitely. Would I force my Pokemon to battle? Definitely not. I'd only use Pokemon that were ready, willing, and able to battle.

I totally agree with this. If pokemon were real i would definitely want to battle, but i wouldn't force them to it.

I wouldn't force them to battle..unless it's something really important like a Gym Badge or something...That is, unless my Turtwig gets hurt. I will make that douche pay with his life, because I don't take PayPal.

I'd rather get a pokémon to just whirlpool for me than pay through the nose for an AIRCRAFT.

Well, I'd buy an aircraft, 'cause I'm a plane nerd and would actually use it... But that's beside the point. xD

I would battle my Pokemon. I'd be sure they were fine and relaxed before hand, but a little sparring with an opponent hasn't killed anyone, not that I know of.

I would probably use my Pokemon for evil, depending on how strong it is. If it were one of the cute ones though, I'd just stick to (lawful) battling.

i would use mine to battle and form a crimnal gang like maybe team toxian

probably.......

There pokemon if you think about it

I'll batle the ugly ones:-D

I want to have them as my beloved pets rather but if they want to battle, I'll leave the house and go for a journey

heck if pokemon were real, i don't think i'd have more than one :S seeing how Ash & Co. train in-universe, i think it'd be waaay too hard to actually take time out of my life to actually go outside to "train" my pokemon lol for one thing is there's no "save game" button so i can walk away for weeks without worrying about my pokes starving to death.

Plus, imagine all those mouths to feed D: i currently have 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 4 kittens, and even NOW its a handful ='[ let alone getting specialized food for over 300 pokemon (about as many as i've owned) so ya :p

but to be honest?, if pokemon were real, i'd want to be one xD not own them :p so i leave you all with this comic someone posted today on LJ since its eerily on-topic..ish :p
tumblr_l51p2spd1c1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom