• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If someone said Pokemon is childish, what will be your reaction?

Wow, this still a thing.

I thought people would have realized by now that 'childish' doesn't mean any thing.

Well, I cant give you what id say, as I'd probably get Banned, so I'd just simply show them the catch rate formula and ask them how its childish.

I'd argue why that's a stupid argument but I'd probably get banned.

I'd be like: "Okay sure, it's childish, but you obviously do not appreciate or understand Pokemon the same way I do. Unlike you, I have been inspired by Pokemon. The series' main artist inspired me throughout elementary and beyond to draw and appreciate art way more. There are also many aspects to the game series that is usually not understood by younger fans and dark stories behind many things. Is my appreciation and love for Pokemon hurting you in anyway???"

Unfortunately, people are telling me that Pokemon is childish since I was 12 -.-. But I don't care, most of the times I tell them that "I like it, so what?". The truth is that Pokemon is for everyone and that's why there are people of every age loving it. So as I said, I don't care.

My reaction? Hide that I play it...

Seriously, I quite literally don't give a dang what other think about that. So what? Everyone has childish habits and hobbies. We all enjoy childish things...it's boring if we're super serious anyways! What's the point of being an adult if I don't have the right to indulge my 'inner' child anyways? xD

"So what? It's just another video game series that I like. Or are you gonna say that Mario, Zelda, and Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts are childish, too?

Y8Hfzsv.gif

Usually something like this

Nothing really. Yes, I am aware that Pokemon is targeted for the Younger Age, but honestly, who gives a damn. The game/anime was made for EVERYONE to play or watch. I don't respect people who don't respect on what things I love.

I agree, it is really childish, especially the cartoon, but then I am really childish and proud, which is why I enjoy it so much.
Who wants to watch boring adult shows involving sex, guns, deaths, swearing etc, when they can be transported to a wonderful world, where good always wins, and you can travel the countries with magical animals.

I can watch what I want and I don't care what they think.

Surprisingly enough, i've never had this problem and I'm a senior in college. I guess people just stop caring...

But if that happens, I guess i'd just ask them not to criticize what I do in my spare time

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom