• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If You Could Add One New or Previous Feature to SV What Would It Be?

Tbh, i have a feeling LA and SV are the testgames for Open World to see how far they can push it.
Some companies do this, like GTA IV was considered a test and Episodes from Liberty City was often considered the real game!

I think the team that worked on Legends will have an amazing open world game without the performance issues.

I think the team that worked on Legends will have an amazing open world game without the performance issues.
That's mostly because it was worked on by the senior staff. I feel like maybe Game Freak's problem isn't being held in a reverse hostage situation by TPC or crunch, but maybe it's having the less experienced staff do new main line entries instead of spin offs or supplemental-but-still-canon type games like Legends first.

Like it's great they're giving the newer staff important jobs right off the bat...but they really should have started them out with something other than the first games of a generation.

Anyway, back to the topic...I just want full clothing customization and building interiors back.

The teams on PLA and SV share a lot of team-members, according to the credits. They're not separate entities.

Anyway, I'd add the Frontier. And berry-planting. And separate inventory-spaces for different item categories. And shiny soundtracks. And evolution methods to evolve Stantler/Ursaring/Kleavor.

I'm really missing stealth catching from PLA. It made catching Pokémon much more enjoyable and you saved time aswell.

Having to engage a battle everytime I want to catch many Pokémon in a mass outbreak in SV, feels a bit tiresome for me right after having a game that made it so easy to catch many Pokémon in a short amount of time.

Really hoping we have both Stealth Catching from PLA and the Lets Go! Feature From SV in Gen10!

Obviously, I'd have more sidequests, especially those that require showing a certain Pokémon to NPCs and being rewarded with items. This would be one way to obtain Peat Blocks and Black Augurites. I also agree with others here that stealth catching should be retained, but with the effect that if the Pokémon breaks out of the ball, they detect and attack you, triggering a traditional wild Pokémon battle (with Quick Balls having the 1x catch rate). Also, I'd really like the sound and sparking effect from PLA to return for Shiny Pokémon. And maybe an Item Synthesis feature for more than just the TMs, akin to the Cram-o-matic in SwSh.

All four Oricorio forms should be made available in the wild (at present, only Baile and Pom-Pom are catchable; you need to use Nectar to get Pa'u and Sensu).

And, as always, a facility similar to the Battle Chateau from XY where you can challenge trainers every few minutes and have rematches with the Gym Leaders and Elite Four. The higher your rank, the stronger the trainers, with the special ones being unlocked when you defeat them in the Victory Road storyline.
And evolution methods to evolve Stantler/Ursaring/Kleavor.
According to Serebii, it is possible to evolve Scyther, Ursaring, and Stantler in SV, but the methods are unavailable right now. I would think the items needed for the former two will be made available in a later Tera Raid event or DLC. This wouldn't be the first time evolutions were unavailable at launch: two Sweets needed to evolve Milcery (Star and Ribbon) were also event only in the early days of SwSh until a Max Raid event, then became properly obtainable starting with IoA.

Last edited:
mega evolution. It was such an op mechanic and tbh i kinda wanna see some new pokemon like houndstone or dudunsparce get a mega(mainly the latter(HE DESERVES IT AFTER THEY VIOLATED HIM)

New unique casual multiplayer modes. Like Catch a bunch of Pokémon in the time limit then battle with them or racing through a dungeon to catch a legendary first.

For returning: full transfer

That's mostly because it was worked on by the senior staff. I feel like maybe Game Freak's problem isn't being held in a reverse hostage situation by TPC or crunch, but maybe it's having the less experienced staff do new main line entries instead of spin offs or supplemental-but-still-canon type games like Legends first.

Like it's great they're giving the newer staff important jobs right off the bat...but they really should have started them out with something other than the first games of a generation.
As much as I still think crunch time is part of it, I do agree with you that having newer staff helm the start of a new generation (which currently seems to be defined as the first VGC-intended pair of games with a new roster + regional gimmick) probably has a lot more to do with the state of the games than we probably realized. The Pokémon Company and Game Freak shouldn’t punt off such a big load on the newbies right off the bat. At the very least assign more senior staff with them so that they’re able to get things done more smoothly.

This might seem like a small thing, but I'd bring back the ability to switch between different forms of a Pokémon in the Pokédex. I'm really surprised they removed that feature.

The form displayed does change to whichever one you last caught, so at least it's not permanently stuck on one form.
I think you can change them with the up and down arrows in the left joystick.

Seconding:

--Battle Frontier v. 3.0
--Stealth catching
--Level scaling
--More customization

Want:

--a new Contest-like activity inspired by Spain's long theater tradition--not the sit and watch of BW's Musicals, nor the glorified DDR game that BD/SP's Contests were turned into.

Another thing that just came to me while playing: I want the lock-on from Legends. SV has it too but it's really, really hard to do. Like I can't do it unless I face the Pokémon and rotate my camera aimlessly, and even then it still doesn't guarantee 100% to lock on the target that I wanted. And it's even harder when I'm on Miraidon. Thanks to that I almost constantly get ambushed by wild Pokémon. Maybe it's just my problem, but it's really annoying me.

Which made me think of another one: make the battles optional. I get that aggressive Pokémon will attack you, but do something with that instead of constantly battling, because it's much less quicker here than in Legends (which could be considered another thing, really, faster paced battle). I don't know, just make it so that we drop some items or something, just not battling again and again, and again...

Like a lot of others in the thread, I'd want the capturing system outside of battle from Legends: Arceus to be carried over to these titles. At the same time though, that was mainly done (and also made things a bit easier) because you had to catch multiple of the same Pokémon in that game, and some people think it would make catching too easy for the big VCG titles. Therefore, I'd make it harder to actually capture the Pokémon outside of battle; the catch rate could be doubled in those instances, making it feel more rewarding for managing to get the Pokémon outside of battle compared to the general ease of it in Legends: Arceus.

Soo... the feature i want to bring back and i hate that they removed it.

BRING BACK THE CLOSED EYES WHEN A POKEMON HAS THE SLEEP STATUS CONDITION.

i honestly don't know why they removed that one, as it added to the realism.
I think I read somewhere that in the recent update they added it so the Pokémon’s eyes close again.

Two things:

1) Stealth Capturing. Out of habit I accidentally try to catch by crouching down and throw a ball, only to realize that I can't do that. I mean, we still have the crouching feature so why not grant us stealth capturing as well? If they're worried it might make catching Mons too easy they could make all the Mons have their base catch rate doubled while in stealth mode, or you could make it so it only works if the Mon is unaware of you (ie: like a back strike in LA). If we still have crouch and we can still sneak up on a Mon then why can't we just chuck a ball at them while we're at it. Speaking of Legend: Arceus...

2) Overworld Shiny Effect. For the love of Arceus why did GF take this feature out?! I ran into two random shinies purely by chance, not noticing they were shiny until I either got really close or accidentally triggered the battle. I would've never known they were shinies if I didn't get close enough to notice them. Especially if the Mon is small like Pawmi or Scatterbug, thus not easily noticeable, or its shiny colors are just a shade or two different from its normal colors. Taking that out of the game was a huge mistake, as the only "real" way to know you got a shiny is if the Let's Go feature doesn't KO a Mon or you're extremely well-versed in the shiny forms and super-observant, which not everyone is. If they could at least put some overworld effect when a shiny is nearby, be it a sound, sparkle, or whatever, then that'll be a huge help, otherwise you can lose a shiny even easier than before now.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom