• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could start with any non-legendary Pokémon (in its basic form, of course)...

Re: If you could start with any non-legendary Pokémon (in its basic form, of course).

Shinx, Larvitar, or Axew. For my starter I'd prefer a three-tiered Pokemon that looks cutesy at first but looks absolutely badass later. Plus, a well-trained Luxray, Tyranitar, or Haxorus are brilliant fighters.

Also a shoutout to Taillow, who's the starter Pokemon in a fanfic I wrote years ago.

Re: If you could start with any non-legendary Pokémon (in its basic form, of course).

Can't go wrong with Eevee. Either Eevee of Buizel.

Well, drapion is my favourite pokemon, so I would naturally want a given starter to be skorupi.

...but I still prefer to initially start with drapion :p

Oooh interesting... let's see, recently I replayed through X with Clauncher as my starter (sent an egg over as soon as I got Fennekin, hatched it and put Fennekin in the PC)...so its between Clauncher, Squirtle, Noibat, Growlithe or Beldum because all of their real life versions(maybe not Beldum) exist where I live so if I befriended them when they were wild then asked them to join my team it would be one of them!

Either vulpix or sableye! I feel like your starter would depend on your region and your hometown anyway, so I guess you kind of have to channel your inner trainer for this one.

A female snorunt, because froslass's my favorite pokemkon ever :p, or a togepi.

Either Eevee or Togepi (although there are some others that'd be nice).

Elekid, because I just love the line of electrical monsters. =D

mareep or deino *-*

Deino was my immediate first answer, but it tries to bite its own heads off when it evolves, so maybe not a great choice for someone starting out...

I think I'd go with either Litwick or Honedge. Or a male Ralts like Wally, because I like Gallade.

I think it would be really interesting and fun to start with Eevee. I could imagine all the new trainers getting and Eevee and each one getting a different Eeveelution.

I'd also like to start with Riolu and maybe two other Pokes that evolve through friendship while leveling up.

My #1 choice has and will always be Charmander, I love my Charizard way too much to pass it up if given a guarantee chance of getting one. But to go more exotic of choices, I have a few honorable mentions;

Growlithe (Arcanine has to be my 2nd favorite fire type)
Deino (I love a nice Hydreigon and two of my favorite types)
Houndour (Mega Houndoom is too awesome)
Tyrunt (For my love of T-Rex's)
Ekans (always been a fan of Ekans and Arbok)
Or the mighty fighter Scyther! (my favorite Bug type and the ever useful Scizor)

With all these mentions though, if I had to choose one, it would probably between Deino or Tyrunt. Hydreigon and Tyrantrum are the jewels in my eyes

Y'know, on second thought, it'd probably differ based on what region I'm starting out in.

Kanto: Definitely Gastly.
Johto: Murkrow, mostly because Honchkrow is my favorite Flying-type. And Dark-type.
Hoenn: Aron, due to my general liking of Steel-types and Aggron being awesome.
Sinnoh: Skorupi. Scorpions are one of my favorite animals, and Drapion + Cross Poison x Sniper is just broken.
Unova: Golett, because Golurk is the best Pokemon Unova brought us and I could probably make Sym-Bionic Titan jokes directed towards it.
Kalos: Phantump. Trevenant is a LIVING FUCKIN' TREE. That should explain things well enough.

Dogs: Houndour
Cats: Meowth, that's right!

Togepi or Mareep

Ponyta! It's tied for my favorite (with Rapidash).

I think it would be really interesting and fun to start with Eevee. I could imagine all the new trainers getting and Eevee and each one getting a different Eeveelution.

^this. I would love to see a game where you get an Eevee as starter as you can actually choose what it becomes later on, so everyone would still have different starters eventually.

Personally, I'd love to start with a Meowth, simply because I just really like it and its evolution.

I'd like to see a game with Eevee as the starter too, being able to decide your choice of eeveelution later would be fun. Eevee was also actually used as the starter in the spinoff game pokemon XD, I ended up doing playthroughs of the game with all five of the then eveelutions available at the time :)

I'd also like to play through a game with Vulpix as the starter too as its a pokemon that has become one of my favourites :037:

^this. I would love to see a game where you get an Eevee as starter as you can actually choose what it becomes later on, so everyone would still have different starters eventually.

Personally, I'd love to start with a Meowth, simply because I just really like it and its evolution.

If they release new Eeveelution for Gen 7 it would be a great idea too. If they had certain obtainable items that made them evolve, you could get them as a reward for winning gym battles then have to decide which stone to use.

Meowth would make an interesting starter for sure. You could also breed a Meowth and trade it over to the new game and use it as your starter which is what I've been doing :)

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom