• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon, and what was your first game?

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon? (Updated to Gen IX)

• Total voters
Gen IV back in 2007, with Diamond. I was always into Pokémon, but just never played the games. All my other Pokémon-obssessed friends played from Gen II, so I regret missing out on so much. Considering that, they're surprised about how much I know about the older games. To this day I only have Diamond, SoulSilver and White. For some psychotic reason I never bought Platinum, but I'll get it as soon as I'm done with White/have enough cash.

Gen IV. I always wanted to play Pokémon for years, but I was afraid to ask my parents, because they laughed when I told them I liked Pokémon. But eventually, I got Diamond for my 12th birthday :)

I started playing Pokemon in Generation III, my first game was Ruby: Here's my current team from that game - Roselia, Pelipper, Breloom, Linoone, Golduck, Manectric

This is my Pokemon Pearl team - Purugly, Quagsire, Roserade, Staraptor, Skuntank, Pachirisu

Pokemon Platinum team - Staraptor, Roserade, Skuntank, Golduck, Lucario, Ambipom

Pokemon SoulSilver team - Roserade, Golduck, Piloswine, Skuntank, Staraptor, Manectric (Manectric is a homage to my first Pokemon game, Ruby - she has the same ability as the Manectric I have in Ruby; Lightningrod. Roserade, Skuntank and Staraptor are my signature Gen IV Pokemon. Golduck is my signature Water-type).

Red version was my first video game ever ^_^
Received it and a Gameboy as a Christmas present in 1998.

Gen. IV... sniffle. Don't hurt me!

But, once I was at my friend's house and he had Gold. One day, I sat down and heard a crunch. I sat on his Gameboy! My butt ended up battling an Ursaring. I randomly pushed buttons and killed it with a Flame Whell from his super-overleveled Typhlosion.

my first is Gen I Red and Yellow version :D

got those along with my free acquired game boy color from certain someone around 1998-1999

and after playing those games, i saw and bought the anime (which i really liked back then)

Mine was Red that I got one Christmas along with the limited edition Gold GameBoy Color. Gen 1 had terrible graphics, but teh games were still epic.

Pokemon Red. Birthday present back in 1998, when I was merely 9. It was the start of a beautiful relationship. I spent months on that thing, went through 1000s of batteries on the original Gameboy :dizzy:

I will never forget that game, or my Charizard, Poliwrath, Vileplume, Electabuzz, Dragonite and Pidgeot.

Yes, I still remember the team, they were the best, won me many link battles :XD2:

Pokemon Snap was my first Pokemon game.

As far as the game-proper goes, Pokemon Blue, which I bought off of a classmate at the time when he stopped playing it.

I stop playing when Ruby/Sapphire was released, mostly because I know my OCD would murder my brain given how many Pokemon there were in the franchise now and how I always try to fill up the PokeDex.

Though I recently picked it up and is backing up my Pokemon collection on Stadium 2 right now. Hopefully, I'll be replacing the internal batteries on Gold, Silver, and Crystal before I head back to college for my second degree.

I started playing in the first generation. My first game was Pokemon Yellow (and it is still my favourite one).

The first generation. Pokemon Yellow.

Seeing all these Generation III+ posts makes me feel old. D:

~Nyoro~n

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom