• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ironic things about Pokémon

Re: Ironic things about pokemon

I was trying to be nice, didn't want to offend all the delusional fans out there. In actuality every episode of pokemon is filler OMG!

OH GOD NO STORY OH GOD NO STORY

XDD;;

I'd say 99.99%.
The rotation's, like...

Tons of filler > Gym Battle > More filler > Gym Battle > Repeat a few times > Pokemon League battles.

Because the filler is SO BULKY it makes up that 99.99%. o__o

- Tyros

OH GOD NO STORY OH GOD NO STORY

XDD;;

I'd say 99.99%.
The rotation's, like...

Tons of filler > Gym Battle > More filler > Gym Battle > Repeat a few times > Pokemon League battles.

Because the filler is SO BULKY it makes up that 99.99%. o__o

- Tyros

you know that contests and evolutions/captures/new move learning isn't considered filelr right?

how plusle and minun look so similar. if pokemon were real, i'm pretty sure that scientists would be all over that. but then, they could be cousins, and have a common ancestor. wailord and skitty is another story. and it's weird that certain pokemon are only available by breeding with an item. azurril, munchlax, budew, and all them. what is that? "i want an azurril, so marril, and azurill, i want you two to make me an azurill, so here's this item so it can happen". what a lame excuse to put pokemon. that's premature birth if you aske me, and it's being done on purpose. and don't even get me started with kangaskhan.

and i also think it's weird how a bad guy is doing something bad, and the hero tries to stop him, and the only way to settle it is through a pokemon battle. i mean, i'm pretty sure when ash traveled alone, team rocket could have taken him on in a fist fight. and in the first generation games, giovanni could probably have taken red out on his own too, with out the use of pokemon. how does a battle settle differences in serious things like committing crimes. that's like a robber in real life tries to rob a bank, and the cops come, and then the robber challenges the cops to a game of chess, and if the robber wins, they just watch him steal everything helplessly because they were defeated.

Last edited:

how plusle and minun look so similar. if pokemon were real, i'm pretty sure that scientists would be all over that. but then, they could be cousins, and have a common ancestor. wailord and skitty is another story. and it's weird that certain pokemon are only available by breeding with an item. azurril, munchlax, budew, and all them. what is that? "i want an azurril, so marril, and azurill, i want you two to make me an azurill, so here's this item so it can happen". what a lame excuse to put pokemon. that's premature birth if you aske me, and it's being done on purpose. and don't even get me started with kangaskhan.

{so marrill, and azurill, i want you two to make me an azurill}
i meant to say azumarrill

The fact those Daycare people (or anyone else for that matter) NEVER know where the eggs come from.

that's probably since the player character is underage, they don't want to get too detailed and stuff. they pretend that pokemon JUST magically happen. HUDINI!!! that's just my opinion though

how about leaving home at the age of 10?
what, no school? how do they get educated? schools have been shown on the anime, but the main characters don't attend.

Seedot and Pachirisu can breed there an acorn and a squirrel

It's ironic how the police cared about a robbery in Cerulean City, but they didn't show up at all when Team Rocket invaded Saffron City.
its cause they thought hey the kid saved us once he can do it again lol

"Evolishon" Works back words for the communal terms. Moran day Sloth going to ground sloth turtle to ancialasurus

Wooh, Mew69, watch those double, triple, QUADRUPLE posts.

I think that it's ironic that in the anime, characters are always saying how you can't rely on pure power, and how trainers need to use strategy.
Yet... Move effectiveness often holds no sway over a battle in the anime.

Mostly you love what you do in the game choice wise, but you actually never get to say your opinion on the choice you yourself make. -_-

What?

Team Rocket can afford robots but not food. Way don't they just patent there useful robots?

I find it ironic that when Team Galactic blows up Lake Valor, the tremor can be felt as far as Canalave, but nobody seems to have noticed anything in Pastoria!

That Kangaskhan does not have a baby form.

A policeman shows up at Elm's lab when Silver stole a Pokemon yet they did nothing else about it. I'm talking about the games by the way.

A policeman shows up at Elm's lab when Silver stole a Pokemon yet they did nothing else about it. I'm talking about the games by the way.

The fact Silver managed to get in,grab the pokemon, get out, and get away, along with the fact Elm calls you first (come on, it would appear that way) just boggles my mind.

The special did a better job with it.

I find it highly ironic that it's called Pocket Monsters, with the entire basis to the title being that you can transport creatures anywhere through portable devices. However, less than 10% of these monsters are actually larger than the average adult human, which mostly destroys the point. And don't get me started on how many of them are small cuties that can barely reach an elementary school student's waist. In fact, consider some things like Mystery Dungeon, and it seems that "Pokemon" has become an artifact title for some part.

How does Skarmory fly at MACH SPEEDS yet have a speed stat that is AVERAGE. (IRONICALLY :p that actually is a good thing if you look at it)

Kairyuu can (supposedly) circle the globe in a few hours with a base speed of 80. I'm under the impression that Pokemon are ridiculously more faster and powerful than they're often portrayed to be (if you're not careful, your battle WILL nuke the surrounding area).

and i also think it's weird how a bad guy is doing something bad, and the hero tries to stop him, and the only way to settle it is through a pokemon battle. i mean, i'm pretty sure when ash traveled alone, team rocket could have taken him on in a fist fight. and in the first generation games, giovanni could probably have taken red out on his own too, with out the use of pokemon. how does a battle settle differences in serious things like committing crimes. that's like a robber in real life tries to rob a bank, and the cops come, and then the robber challenges the cops to a game of chess, and if the robber wins, they just watch him steal everything helplessly because they were defeated.

I don't see what's so hard to figure out. Pokemon are stronger than humans, so if you take out all of a criminal's Pokemon, s/he'll be totally fucked in the face of your own.

I think it's pretty well-established in this franchise across various mediums (except maybe Special) that the police aren't worth shit in Pokemon world.

I find it highly ironic that it's called Pocket Monsters, with the entire basis to the title being that you can transport creatures anywhere through portable devices. However, less than 10% of these monsters are actually larger than the average adult human, which mostly destroys the point.

I find it more ironic that, in a show called "Pocket Monsters", everyone either keeps their Monster Balls on their belt or in their backpack, but never in their pocket.

Wow, I'm surprised no one thought of this one: Even though Nidoran (female) can breed, its evolved forms (Nidorina and Nidoqueen) can't.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

that in gen IV your mom tells you to come visit her b/c she wants to see your pokemon but she never even looks at them or tell you anything about them when you visit

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom