• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN012: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it’s continuity, but so bare and irrelevant that it ends up having no story significance. It’s technically one but not what most people are looking for.
I personally am satisfied with this level of continuity already. It'll just be all the more satisfying if more (like Ash recognizing Lance or even him recalling his earlier experiences with him) is mentioned.

WAIT....

KANTO LEAGUE ELITE FOUR MEMBER; WATARU & THE RED GYARADOS: The Trainer representing the Kanto region.
THE UNDEFEATED CHAMPION OF THE GALAR REGION; DANDE & LIZARDON: The super amazing Trainer said to have never lost a battle in the Galar region!

Lance... is appearing as the kanto league elite four member? Is that the right translation? Not champion? I thought he appeared as the champion in the AG Aqua/Magma crisis? Are they resetting him to an elite four?

WAIT....

Lance... is appearing as the kanto league elite four member? Is that the right translation? Not champion? I thought he appeared as the champion in the AG Aqua/Magma crisis? Are they resetting him to an elite four?
Actually, he was only referred to as a Champion in the Red Gyarados episodes and The Legend of Thunder!. In the Groudon & Kyogre episodes, he was referred to as a member of the Elite Four, probably due to the then-topicality of FireRed and LeafGreen. And now it's probably because his latest appearance was in the Let's Go games, where he also was an Elite Four member.

Actually, he was only referred to as a Champion in the Red Gyarados episodes and The Legend of Thunder!. In the Groudon & Kyogre episodes, he was referred to as a member of the Elite Four, probably due to the then-topicality of FireRed and LeafGreen. And now it's probably because his latest appearance was in the Let's Go games, where he also was an Elite Four member.
.... I really want to hate on their choice for that. They picked Lance, an elite four member, not even a champion, to help with the Groudon/Kyogre crisis, when Hoenn clearly has two prominent champions, because they just had to pander to kanto?

I really didn't like Leon's description of being undefeated because it sounded too perfect, but now I want to see Lance absolutely destroyed in this episode.

I think we have to remember that in gen 1 there wasn't a champion until Blue came in and defeated the Elite Four, which didn't happen in the anime.

My guess? In the anime, the Kanto Champion isn't separate from the Elite Four like in other regions, but the most powerful of them is also the Champion.

I think we have to remember that in gen 1 there wasn't a champion until Blue came in and defeated the Elite Four, which didn't happen in the anime.

My guess? In the anime, the Kanto Champion isn't separate from the Elite Four like in other regions, but the most powerful of them is also the Champion.
The strange thing just is that he was explicitly referred to as a Champion in the Johto anime, but then the Gen III anime called him an Elite Four member.

Is any even a champion in Johto or Kanto. Have never been stated , who it is.

Also this man can have a red Gyarados but my James cannot have his little Mime back? Bleugh

Appart from that , that is a big thing , not just the strongest trainer of the region the strongest of the whole world. If this is the challenge Ash is accepting?

Are we at the last saga?

Expecting the battle and the outcome of it.

Pretty sure Lance is just using Red Gyarados since they decided to give Ash a Dragonite, so now Gyarados has to be Lance's signature Pokemon in this series.

Or he is using Gyarados because it can Dynamax, while Dragonite can’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom