• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN012: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or he is using Gyarados because it can Dynamax, while Dragonite can’t.

Nothing is stopping Dragonite from Dynamaxing other than than the fact that it currently isn't obtainable in the games with Dynamaxing.

Is any even a champion in Johto or Kanto. Have never been stated , who it is.

Also this man can have a red Gyarados but my James cannot have his little Mime back? Bleugh

Appart from that , that is a big thing , not just the strongest trainer of the region the strongest of the whole world. If this is the challenge Ash is accepting?

Are we at the last saga?

Expecting the battle and the outcome of it.
Ash maybe Alola Champ, but I'm more than sure he'll lose to Leon

Lance still having his Heart Gold/Soul Silver design surprised me. I was almost certain they would have updated him with his newer Let's Go design but I guess not.

Huh, so Lance has his HGSS design. Cute. Still don't like Leon that much because he was just a Mary Sue in the games.

Hopefully Ash beats this one at least, we don't need another XY situation

Hopefully Ash beats this one at least, we don't need another XY situation
Leon's from the games and it's always anime original characters that stop him in leagues.

If Ash enters the world cup and the other entrants are Leon, Cynthia, Steven, Lance, Alder, Diantha, and some random we've never heard of who then we get worried.

Lance is a Champion. The semantics don't matter, and they aren't calling Leon a Champion, either.

I don't see why the magazine wouldn't make that clear.

Yeah, that is a fair point.

Oooh Red Gyarados!

I'm trying not to get too twisted up in specific details/semantics at this point because this series has just been kind of weird so far in terms of all of that and I usually just end up annoyed or disapointed. But seeing the Red Gyarados does make me pretty happy!

This "World Championship" tournament is apparently open to all, just like the Alola League was.

EPVaLATWsAIyFI7

So Ash wouldn't even need to do the Galar gyms to enter. If anything, he's already overqualified.

I doubt the world championships have no entry requirements, open to all probably means that people from all regions can participate.

You need badges to enter a regional tournament. We will see about the World Tournament, but there doesn't seem to be any requirement to enter.

I doubt the world championships have no entry requirements, open to all probably means that people from all regions can participate.
That's true of the other leagues too, though. Ash is from Kanto and nobody batted an eye at him entering Johto and the others.
Edit: Well, let's wait for the episode to see if it confirms one way or the other. It would feel very weird for their to be no entry requirement for the world championship.

Last edited:
If the Junior Cup is the entry point and you have to win various cups after that, then that could explain "open to all" in a somewhat roundabout way. But really, Ash should already qualify as the Alola Champion, no matter how different that title is than in other regions.

No need to be aggressive. The original summary didn't call him a Champion:

Professor Sakuragi has given Satoshi and Go tickets to the finals of the "Pokémon World Championships", the tournament that decides the best Pokémon Trainer in the world. The two of them set off to the Galar region, where the stadium is located, to see this match with their own eyes. The finals is between Wataru, the winner of the Elite Four Cup in the Kanto region, and Dande, whose undefeated record in the Galar region keeps growing. Just how skilled IS this undefeated man Dande?

The lack of consistency tells me that we should wait for the episode. They're likely both Champions unless the writers want Ash to become the first Kanto Champion or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom