• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN025: A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol if korrina is just appearing as a COTD in the Tournament and has nothing to do with the PWC. Won't be surprised since they are reusing her XY Design and a 6-Year Old Animation Cut. And Ash will probably use Pikachu & Gengar as shown in the Upcoming Episodes Preview. When is Dragonite actually gonna do something? Like has it even met Gengar?

There are some names that definitely are good indicators of how good an episode will be. For example, Atsuhiro Tomioka's episodes are practically guaranteed to have continuity to some degree, Masaaki Iwane's episodes feature fluid animation, Yūji Asada is an excellent storyboarder and director, and so forth.

Commenting on this like, 20 years later, but just wanted to add that as far as Animation Directors are concerned, the names are meaning less and less because the series has really, *really* rounded itself out in overall quality since XY, and AD idiosyncrasies are harder to notice. These days, Iwane is probably the only (regular) supervisor with an overtly distinct style.

I'm sure current supervisors still have their traits if a person is willing to study them, but long gone are the days where you could look at a single screenshot and identify who's in charge.

(...Or, as a throwback for other ancient members around here, see Takeda or Kinoshita in the list and let out a depressed sigh...)

Nice, first Kalos episode! Now we just need Alola.

I'm also intrigued that Korrina's reappearance has nothing to do with the PWC. I kind of thought that was going to be the main excuse to see old characters, but this debunks it. I honestly don't mind. I feel like this opens up the door for a lot of other possibilities to see other chatacters.

Personally, I think the inclusion of Korrina and Mega Lucario is an outlet to allow for some character building / bonding between Ash and his Riolu. I don't think he's going to get a keystone so he can Mega Evolve one of his Pokemon, a keystone for ME would be pointless after the fact he left his Z ring and Z crystals (I think that is what they are called, I haven't touched SM/USUM in over a year) in Alola with Kukui.

Personally, I don't think they'll stick around long. They're only there to give Ash's Riolu a goal to strive for (evolving into a Lucario and Mega Evolving). She might be the one who will give him a Keystone like her grandfather did for her though (Ash will be on his own in finding Mega Stones).

This would be a really redundant thing to have in the anime at this point. As Mega Evolution is not possible in the current generation of games, this would be an unnecessary side show if this were to happen. If this occurred around the time Gen VI Pokemon were being introduced into Pokemon Go, then I wouldn't think of it as such a side show.

I'm hoping Ash will dynamax Gengar to battle Mega Lucario

I'd like to see Lucario use Auro

Z-Moves were the best because that's the only gimmick that didn't mess with Pokémon designs.

Necrozma is requesting a retraction of this.

If this doesn't take place somewhere in Galar, I hope he doesn't (since Dynamaxing's supposed to be exclusive to Galar).

The anime already featured a max raid battle in Unova, so seeing dynamaxing outside of Galar isn't entirely unrealistic at this point in the anime.

Lol if korrina is just appearing as a COTD in the Tournament and has nothing to do with the PWC. Won't be surprised since they are reusing her XY Design and a 6-Year Old Animation Cut. And Ash will probably use Pikachu & Gengar as shown in the Upcoming Episodes Preview. When is Dragonite actually gonna do something? That's what I think too. They're not actually mad about her turning down the shift, they're just using it as an excuse to "punish" her to keep her from seeing her mom. Like has it even met Gengar?

Probably off-screen

I'm assuming that this battle isn't PWC-related because a rematch is just a little lame as a way for Ash to get into the next tier. We know that he can defeat Korrina.

he anime already featured a max raid battle in Unova, so seeing dynamaxing outside of Galar isn't entirely unrealistic at this point in the anime.
It's called a Raid battle (from the Go game) and has nothing to do with Dynamax, even though Golurk was naturally big. There was also one against Lugia.

a keystone for ME would be pointless after the fact he left his Z ring and Z crystals (I think that is what they are called, I haven't touched SM/USUM in over a year) in Alola with Kukui.
They are actually in his room in Pallet Town, so Z-Moves are pretty much just as accessible as any of his reserves in Oak's lab.

Has anyone noticed if Ash wears the Dynamax Band in every episode or not? If he does wear it in every episode, I think it’d be pretty unlikely that they’ll give him two bands to shuffle around for two mechanics.

At this point it’s uncertain if Dynamax is present outside Galar in the anime so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It was shown in episode 20 that he has it on him, but doesn't keep it on his wrist. If there's a point his wrists get too "cluttered," there's nothing to say he can't slip them on/off when he needs to.

On another note, so long as his Key Stone (if he ever gets one) isn't a bracelet or some equivalent, Ash can wear his Z-Power Ring on his left hand and the Dynamax Band on his right without any issues.

It's shown that trainers (in the games) wear Dynamax Bands on their ball-throwing arm (the dominant arm). You can see this with Bede (who wears his band on his left arm), who throws with his left hand unlike the rest of the NPCs. Trainers with Z-Rings wore them on their non-throwing arm. Ilma is shown to be left handed in the games and wears his Z-Ring on his right arm. So a character can wear both a Z-Ring and a Dynamax Band without any "issues."

The anime already featured a max raid battle in Unova, so seeing dynamaxing outside of Galar isn't entirely unrealistic at this point in the anime.

That was just a regular Raid Battle, though. You know, like the ones from Pokémon GO that don't involve any kind of Dynamaxing whatsoever. So how does that prove that Dynamaxing and Max Raid Battles can happen outside of Galar?

As others have pointed out already, there is a difference between Raid Battles and Max Raid Battles. The former was introduced and is exclusive to Pokémon GO, while Max Raid Battles were introduced in Sword and Shield and involve Dynamax Pokémon. The battles against Lugia and Golurk were regular Raids. We've yet to see a Max Raid in the anime.

Given how exciting this episode promises to be, part of me wishes they'd help of the hiatus until the last episode as this would be a more enjoyable episode to come back to then SS023

Hey, guys. Do you guys think that this is supposed to be the very first Kalos episode in the Journeys series from the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom