• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN025: A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m convinced the writers have forgotten about Static. Pikachu is constantly getting physically smacked around and yet it hasn’t activated since the battle with Roxie (I think).

It’s Pikachu’s Ability. There’s no way they’d just “forget” about it; there must be someone to remind them it exists.

You know, it would be cool if they had Mega Evolutions or Z-moves go up against Dynamaxed Pokemon. With how powerful Dynamaxed Pokemon are in the anime, could they even be harmed by Mega Evolutions or Z-moves? Also, it would be cool if Ash made use of all the different region's gimmicks in a single battle. If he were to do such a thing, I think it should be saved for the Leon battle to show just how strong of a trainer Leon is.

You know, it would be cool if they had Mega Evolutions or Z-moves go up against Dynamaxed Pokemon. With how powerful Dynamaxed Pokemon are in the anime, could they even be harmed by Mega Evolutions or Z-moves? Also, it would be cool if Ash made use of all the different region's gimmicks in a single battle. If he were to do such a thing, I think it should be saved for the Leon battle to show just how strong of a trainer Leon is.

Thats why i think at least one of the Mega Users has made it in the top 8. My money is on Wulfric for that.

Actually... can a mega rayquaza use dragon ascent as its z-move?
In the SM video game, they made sure that you couldn't use a Mega Rayquaza Z-move by forcing you to use Z-moves before you use Dragon Ascent. But just imagine how OP that would be. Dynamaxed Mega Rayquaza Z-move.

In the SM video game, they made sure that you couldn't use a Mega Rayquaza Z-move by forcing you to use Z-moves before you use Dragon Ascent. But just imagine how OP that would be. Dynamaxed Mega Rayquaza Z-move.
Interestingly, on the other hand, Ash-Greninja could use Z-moves.

Gotta wonder: if Korrina's Lucario and Ash's Riolu meet here, will the former be the latter's mentor, rival, both, or neither.
Ash catching a Dragonite had absolutely nothing to do with Lance's reappearance in episode 12, so...

Granted, this time, Korrina actually will be interacting with Ash, and she also has her Lucario with her, so something might happen. I wouldn't say a Riolu-Lucario interaction is guaranteed, though. Especially considering how seldom we see any of Ash's non-Pikachu Pokemon outside of the Sakuragi Institute.
I don’t think Korrina and her Lucario will appear after the battle
While I wouldn't mind Korrina sticking around for another episode or two, that's probably the most likely outcome. I mean, Lance immediately ran away after episode 12 despite episode 13 being a direct continuation of the previous episode's events, so I wouldn't be surprised if Korrina immediately disappears after this episode too.

would be ineteresting who is stronger Mega Lucario or Gigantamax Pikachu?

could see diffrent stuff during this tournaments happening...

like showing that you cant mix z-moves with mega stones in some cases and the same with mega evolution
not allowing to Dynamax and viceversa

we know that Dynamax pokemon can't use z-moves this way one problem is out of the game... with the per team limit it can be explained also somehow that the energy used by one is a limit for a trainers ability to control it and the limited amount of energy needed from the battle field around it to absorb and use Dynamax for 1 battle on each side...

they could explaine in the anime that somehow nicely and simple for every new mechanic and match them against each other... also nice would be to show some of Dynamax advantages in battles...

Could see Ash Incineroar here or later battle with Fake Out and Sucker Punch showing of in the first and second turn taking a pokemon out once and then in a other battle this strategy would be ineffective bc of Dynamax/Gigantamax...

the effects of terrains to block priority moves , reduce damage and not allowing to fall asleep during battle would be cool here...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom