• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN053: Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Satoshi and the others have come to a lake where a legendary Pokémon is said to be. There, they spot a group of evil Pokémon Hunter and an injured Suicune.

Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Satoshi and the others have come to a lake where a legendary Pokémon is said to be. There, they spot a group of evil Pokémon Hunter and an injured Suicune.
I love just how casual these summaries have become regarding legendaries.

“So, they came to a lake, and there happened to be a Suicune being hunted there. What are the odds?”

VA list and summary courtesy of Adamant

News on the legendary Pokémon Suicune has been obtained! Satoshi and Go immediately head to a lake, where they see Suicune trying to protect it from a group of evil Pokémon Hunters!

Summary:
The legendary Pokémon Suicune is said to travel across the world, purifying polluted water as it goes. News has come in that it's staying at a certain lake for now, and Go instantly gets excited about the chance to get a legendary Pokémon. He and Satoshi immediately head to the lake, where they see a group of evil Pokémon Hunters and a Suicune trying to protect both the lake and the wild Pokémon there in spite of being injured!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Aceburn
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Yuji Ueda: Suicune
Daisuke Namikawa: Lucario
Kei Shindo: Raichu
Risa Shimizu: Junsa
Tsuguo Mogami: Boss
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Kenta Miyake: Hunter
Tatsuki Kobe: Hunter
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Summary:
The legendary Pokémon Suicune is said to travel across the world, purifying polluted water as it goes. News has come in that it's staying at a certain lake for now, and Go instantly gets excited about the chance to get a legendary Pokémon. He and Satoshi immediately head to the lake, where they see a group of evil Pokémon Hunters and a Suicune trying to protect both the lake and the wild Pokémon there in spite of being injured!
This is probably a long shot but I really hope they address here what makes Gou wanting to catch Suicune any different from these hunters that want to do the same beyond “oh these guys are using traps and specialized technology so they’re automatically bad while Gou is good”. This would be a perfect opportunity to address the concerns people have said numerous times about how Gou’s goal is handled in this series (especially compared to how capturing Pokémon was handled in the past) and it could lead to some really good development for Gou and making him think more about what he’s doing and what’s so different between him and these hunters and could he be tempted to catch Pokémon in these methods? (Although I will admit to bias as if I were to write Gou (who I love but wish was handled better), that would 100% be what I’d do)

But hey this is Journeys so I won’t be surprised if they just go the generic “good guy protagonists vs evil hunters” route with no acknowledgement of Gou’s goal beyond why he’s here :rolleyes:

Tsuguo Mogami: Boss
BOSS?
200px-Boss.png

I personally think it's Goh's.
OMG yes, I love Goh's Raichu!
and Go instantly gets excited about the chance to get a legendary Pokémon.
Too bad, there is no way he will catch it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom