• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There hasn’t been a single season of the anime where they haven’t given one of the starters to the main characters of the series.

Indigo - Ash had all three starters
Johto- Ash had all three starters
Hoenn - Ash had Treecko, May had Torchic, Brock had Mudkip
Sinnoh - Ash had Turtwig and Chimchar, Dawn had Piplup
Unova - Ash had all three starters
Kalos - Ash had Froakie, Clemont had Chespin and Serena had Fenniken
Alola - Ash had Rolwet and Litten, Lana had Popplio

Despite Chimchar being late in being obtained in the series, it was still shown pretty early on by Paul in gym battles and even battles against Ash.
This series has done some unprecedented things, with a legendary being caught, but this is actually the last thing I thought would happen, yet it doesn’t surprise me they took a route like this. I don’t even think Ash will use Dracovish, and of course I feel that as a very slim chance, but I don’t see Ash catching another Pokemon.
Do we know the location of the episode? Guessing it’s Galar, and the only realistic location for the gang to be is Professor Magnolia’s lab/Sonia’s lab.

If we could just skip to the part where people accept Grookey doesn't belong to Ash, that'd be nice.
The people’s annoyance and disappointment is built on an increasingly annoying foundation in which the series writers keep trying to hype up the new toy while basically disregarding the iconic toy. That kind of thing tends to have the opposite effect especially with their absolute failure at balancing focus in this series.

They are going to do the Chimchar thing with Grookey but instead it will go to Goh LMAO. This series is indefensible at this point. Whatever it is, Grookey will certainly be part of the Main Cast tho. They won't make a Starter wait this long for it not to play a Major Role. Journeys is being Journeys in the sense that they are introducing Grookey when SwSh is irrelevant and Fans are already waiting for DP Remakes.

They are going to do the Chimchar thing with Grookey but instead it will go to Goh LMAO. This series is indefensible at this point. Whatever it is, Grookey will certainly be part of the Main Cast tho. They won't make a Starter wait this long for it not to play a Major Role. Journeys is being Journeys in the sense that they are introducing Grookey when SwSh is irrelevant and Fans are already waiting for DP Remakes.
And watch as in the episode that Ash either stands there in the background, never really showing the empathy towards Pokémon he’s know for or just vanished from the episode so the writers can once again have Go shine and have Grookey take a liking to him.

And watch as in the episode that Ash either stands there in the background, never really showing the empathy towards Pokémon he’s know for or just vanished from the episode so the writers can once again have Go shine and have Grookey take a liking to him.
I hope this is another Sobble situation where Ash was teased to get it and Goh got it. Here I hope Goh was teased to get it and Ash got it. But at this point I should just give up and watch my fav starters in old series.

I'm actually concerned that after Journeys is over they're going to completely get rid of Ash and have Gou take over as the sole protagonist.

I'm actually concerned that after Journeys is over they're going to completely get rid of Ash and have Gou take over as the sole protagonist.
Even if they did get rid of Ash, I don’t think Go would take over. The fact that they partnered him with a gen 8 starter as opposed to a timeless mascot pretty much dates him to just gen 8. If they do get rid of Ash, they’ll likely bring in a new character for the next series.

Even if they did get rid of Ash, I don’t think Go would take over. The fact that they partnered him with a gen 8 starter as opposed to a timeless mascot pretty much dates him to just gen 8. If they do get rid of Ash, they’ll likely bring in a new character for the next series.
I honestly doubt they are getting rid of Ash. He is iconic as Pikachu at this point

I feel as though that Grookey is a baby, as in it was recently hatched from an egg.
Its just the way it doesn’t seem phased at all by the fact it’s missing it’s trainer. That may be just Grookey’s playful nature, or the Grookey was only recently caught from the wild, and hasn’t formed a bond, or I’m clutching at straws, hoping that Grookey, even if partnered with Goh, is at least apart of the main cast.

Interesting to note is that Yamper is involved, so this is most likely a Kanto episode as well (Unless Chloe officially captures Yamper).

We know someone is appearing soon: Gary Oak. If its a Kanto episode, it might be him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom