• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash said he wants to catch more pokemon as well so I don't think dracovish will be his last as he can still get grookey. Ash without a starter of the gen would be drake without josh, lilo with no stitch or tom without jerry. So I think there still is hope like takeru from digimon

Gen 5 had no Shillmon Starter
This is incorrect. Emboar was the shillmon starter of this generation, hands down. It got way more anime appearances than Serperior or Samurott did and was the starter for the BW protagonist in the Adventures manga and in that animated special promoting the sequels. The only reason it may not appear that way at first glance is because Ash didn't get a fully-evolved starter this go round, though it is worth mentioning that Tepig was the only one to evolve (even if he stayed in the middle stage) and was also the only one who got to have an arc dedicated to him (and it was literally just Infernape's arc done worse), and got way more screentime and wins in battles, which makes me suspect that Pignite was originally going to evolve fully and be set up to be Ash's regional ace until presumably the writers realized how repetitive they were being, since they'd already done the whole "Fire starter deemed as weak by his original trainer fully evolves and becomes Ash's powerhouse" plot a million times better literally just the generation before, and thankfully scrapped the idea.

How can u expect ash getting a starter from pokemon goh show

Quick question how do we know the grookey images aren't clickbait

This is incorrect. Emboar was the shillmon starter of this generation, hands down. It got way more anime appearances than Serperior or Samurott did and was the starter for the BW protagonist in the Adventures manga and in that animated special promoting the sequels. The only reason it may not appear that way at first glance is because Ash didn't get a fully-evolved starter this go round, though it is worth mentioning that Tepig was the only one to evolve (even if he stayed in the middle stage) and was also the only one who got to have an arc dedicated to him (and it was literally just Infernape's arc done worse), and got way more screentime and wins in battles, which makes me suspect that Pignite was originally going to evolve fully and be set up to be Ash's regional ace until presumably the writers realized how repetitive they were being, since they'd already done the whole "Fire starter deemed as weak by his original trainer fully evolves and becomes Ash's powerhouse" plot a million times better literally just the generation before, and thankfully scrapped the idea.
And I actually really liked that Ash's true ace in BW wasn't an Starter. It was a pretty unique take, and Krookodile did a LOT of work. And I loved how versatile it's movepool was too. I just wish Ash's mons got better/more diverse moves in general.

And I actually really liked that Ash's true ace in BW wasn't an Starter. It was a pretty unique take, and Krookodile did a LOT of work. And I loved how versatile it's movepool was too. I just wish Ash's mons got better/more diverse moves in general.
They can do that with Lucario in this gen.

Grookey would fit Satoshi more personality wise, but I am not going to get my hopes up tbh.
YES!!! Grookey fits Ash SOOO much personality wise! Grookey is a happy-go-lucky playful and energetic Pokemon that fits with Ash's optimistic and energetic personality! I don't think Grookey fits Goh's more pessimist reasarchic pesonality.

YES!!! Grookey fits Ash SOOO much personality wise! Grookey is a happy-go-lucky playful and energetic Pokemon that fits with Ash's optimistic and energetic personality! I don't think Grookey fits Goh's more pessimist reasarchic pesonality.
But is maybe the reason Goh needs it more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom