• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to note is that Yamper is involved, so this is most likely a Kanto episode as well (Unless Chloe officially captures Yamper).

We know someone is appearing soon: Gary Oak. If its a Kanto episode, it might be him.
I doubt Gary will have a Grookey. Does not fit him. Maybe this can be Piplup 2.0

It would be weird if Grookey showed up in Kanto, unless this is indeed Hop and he wants to challenge the Kanto League.

I'm relieved that Satoshi isn't getting the monkey.
Hikozaru 2.0, Grass-type this time, sounds brilliant..... (Clap)
Yeah, who's the irresponsible/abusive trainer?

EuDitBUXcAooxqf

Grookey seems interested in Goh...

I'm not sure exactly how it would work ("Let's see who can catch this Pokemon first"?) but giving Go a rival could be a major improvement.
Remember in the Games if you choose Scorbunny, Hop has a Grookey. So maybe, Hop could be Goh's Rival? Scorbunny was Goh's Starter after all.

Last edited:
Remember in the Games if you choose Scorbunny, Hop has a Grookey. So maybe, Hop could be Goh's Rival? Scorbunny was Goh's Starter after all.
I don't really see that as Hop's character in the games is all about him trying to beat his older brother.

I noticed barring a few exceptions, usually the Rival Characters get whatever Starter that Rivals that Generation's Shillmon

Gen 1 Charizard is the Shillmon Starter
If you pick Charizard then Gary chooses Blastoise
Gary has Blastoise in the Anime

Gen 2 had no Shillmon Starter and no Game Rival for Ash in the Anime

Gen 3 had no Game Rival for Ash in the Anime

Gen 4 Infernape was the Shillmon Starter
If you pick Infernape then Barry chooses Empoleon
Barry has Empoleon in the Anime

Gen 5 had no Shillmon Starter

Gen 6 is interesting in the sense that while Greninja was the obvious Shillmon and the Game Rivals (Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor) DID appear, none of them had a Kalos Starter oddly enough. (And they weren't really Ash's Rivals either)

Gen 7 Incineroar was the Shillmon Starter
If you pick Incineroar then Hau chooses Decidueye
Hau has Decidueye in the Anime

Gen 8 Cinderace is the Shillmon Starter.

Going off this logic, Hop's only options either are Rillaboom, No Starter, or He doesn't show up at all

It might be clickbait remember in charmander the stray pokemon Brock was the one who stood up for it and saved it's life but ash catch it

It might be clickbait remember in charmander the stray pokemon Brock was the one who stood up for it and saved it's life but ash catch it
Brock definitely would've deserved it, but I think no one in the Pokémon fandom back then even knew anything of that episode before it aired, or even what "clickbait" meant.

I would honestly be shocked at this point if Grookey went to Ash. They're setting it up to be caught by Gou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom