• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN134: Seize the Future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you watched all the series?
After all, Tracey and Lillie had met their primary goals.
Gotta really dig far to pull Tracy who just wanted to meet a person that he’d meet just by sticking with Ash especially when he only lasted for a filler season. As for Lillie, touching Pokémon wasn’t her primary goal, it was her narrative problem to overcome. Her goal had been to become a strong trainer like Ash and her brother. And both of those are a far cry from a goal that was compared to the series protagonist’s.

Gotta really dig far to pull Tracy who just wanted to meet a person that he’d meet just by sticking with Ash especially when he only lasted for a filler season. As for Lillie, touching Pokémon wasn’t her primary goal, it was her narrative problem to overcome. Her goal had been to become a strong trainer like Ash and her brother. And both of those are a far cry from a goal that was compared to the series protagonist’s.
I'd say Lillie's goal was to find her father, at least during the latter portion of SM.

No, I meant like, it's the same Mew turning into two different Pokemon at once. Again, not sure if that's even possible but, hey. :wynaut:
No, I don't really think it's the same Mew transforming into both Groudon and Kyogre. Those two are the real legendary Pokemon living on Faraway Island.

The only thing that's been foreshadowed is Quillon wanting to catch Mew for himself, putting him in direct competition with Goh. Either way, I hope neither catches Mew. It wasn't foreshadowed he's evil. Even the Professor hasn't really been foreshadowed to be evil.
I don't really like Quillon because he's showing his cockiness when he's on a Project Mew mission. Especially when Gary asks Quillon whether he will catch Mew or not, he's giving him the silent treatment.

Announcement imminent tomorrow anime gen 9...

I'll not surprised at all. It is impossible for not continue the anime series without our eternal 10 year old. Paldea region, here we go. The unknown awaits and probably many of citizen there have saw the World Championship unfold including Geeta, Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Etc might want to met Ash in person.

especially when he only lasted for a filler season
The Orange Islands Arc was indeed anime-exclusive, but some important things happened with impact later in Johto, like Ash catching Snorlax and Charizard starting to obey Ash.

Both of those Pokémon were important in Ash’s gym battle vs Claire and in Ash’s victory over Gary. So I don’t feel calling it a filler season is really correct. However, I do understand why some people call it this.

Tomorrow we will see that if Goh captures Mew, he can say goodbye to Ash and if Goh does not capture Mew, he will go with Ash in Paldea.

Last edited:
Tomorrow we will see that if Goh captures Mew, he can say goodbye to Ash and if Goh does not capture Mew, he will go with Ash in Paldea.

Imagine if it turns out Goh plans to go to Paldea when he hears about new Pokémon there regardless of catching Mew.

His dream is to catch every Pokémon in the world. And that will go on forever when there are more Pokémon games with new Pokémon.

I'm not sure how much information we can expect from the announcement tomorrow. I could see at least a promotional poster and a title for a new series. A short trailer would be nice, but that might be hoping for a bit too much right off the bat. Hopefully we'll get some solid information where it would be easier to speculate on what the anime will do next.

It honestly makes no sense for Goh to continue on traveling with Ash rather than staying with Project Mew. Also, it would be a bad move to let the most divisive character be the first since Brock to stick around for another series. Especially when after Project Mew, he has nothing.

Of course Goh's gonna stick around, just you all watch. The staff's gonna make an anime-exclusive Paldean Mew for him to pursue. /J

To be honest, I don't think that the writers would really care about Goh being so divisive among fans. Partly because I'm not sure if the reactions online from older fans mirror those from the target demographic's opinions on Goh, but also because I don't think that a character being so divisive wouldn't be a major factor for the writers' decisions. If that was the case, they would have replaced Ash ages ago since I've seen people begging for that since AG. My point is that I don't think that they'd care that much about controversies with Goh or the backlash surrounding his character to write him out of the series.

That being said, I do think that Goh will leave because it would make the most sense for his character. Yeah, he wants to capture every Pokemon to work his way back to Mew and there will always be new Pokemon for him to capture, but I don't think he needs to be part of the main cast to do that. Working with Project Mew full time would give him the opportunity to learn more about Mew, which has always been his main objective, and he could easily capture more Pokemon off-screen. I also think that Goh is more associated with the eighth generation more than people give him credit for. He isn't from the games, but most of the official artwork from Journeys with Goh shows him with at least one of his Galar starters. He is going to be more associated with them than any of his other Pokemon. I don't think it would be a good idea to just give him the Paldea starters and call it a day. It would be repeating the same bad choice they made with the Galar starters and I would rather that they didn't downplay his actual first partner in Cinderace again. While Project Mew was introduced around halfway through Journeys, that has been his main storyline for a good portion of the series and after that is wrapped up, I don't think it would make much sense for Goh to just keep traveling with Ash forever. It just feels more fitting for his character to work with Project Mew instead of going to Paldea with Ash.

Just had a thought... considering that it's been confirmed that these episodes are occuring during Satoshi's match against Dande, do you think we'll get a repeat of Go's cameo from JN132 where he clenches his fist, with it now shown from his point-of-view (and probably coming at a critical point of his goal... like returning from Faraway Isle having succeeded/failed to capture Mew)?

I doubt Go catching Mew or not will have any baring on his future as a main character. Previous cast members have left the cast without accomplishing their dreams and continue to chase them on their own. If anything, should he fail, him staying with Project Mew as a Chaser gives him the best chance at finding Mew again considering that they’re specifically dedicated to the task than just wandering around an unrelated region .

Just had a thought... considering that it's been confirmed that these episodes are occuring during Satoshi's match against Dande, do you think we'll get a repeat of Go's cameo from JN132 where he clenches his fist, with it now shown from his point-of-view (and probably coming at a critical point of his goal... like returning from Faraway Isle having succeeded/failed to capture Mew)?
I can see a scene where Grookey is about to faint at the most critical moment and then sees a vision of all Goh's Pokemon who give him strength to make a last overpowered hit to take down Mew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom