• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN136: Satoshi and Go! Embark on a New Journey!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, JN135 highlighted one of the biggest ways I think they could have handled him better. He wants to travel so he can get strong enough to be able to hold his own against Mew, and become more independent. If that was his goal all along rather than juat catching everything in the belief it will help him catch Mew, I probably would have enjoyed him more.
While I can see the appeal in that idea, I'm not too surprised that they didn't go that route for Goh. For better or for worse, the writers were intent on Ash and Goh representing both the battling and catching aspects of the franchise. Goh working so that he could hold his own against Mew and become more independent might have given his goal a bit more structure than capturing every Pokemon to work his way back to Mew did, but that would have required him to battle more often. He still battled, but that wasn't really something the writers were really interested in having him focus on. I'm also less sure that it would have really helped with Goh's controversies. By a certain point, there seemingly wasn't anything the writers could do to avoid that. That isn't to say that they couldn't have handled Goh better, but pretty much anything Goh said or did could result in backlash. It often felt like they were in a lose-lose situation with whatever they decide to dow with Goh. I'm just not confident that giving Goh more battle screentime would have really helped that out in the long run, especially when Goh getting any kind of focus or screentime often resulted in people complaining, even if it was a brief capture in an episode otherwise focused on Ash.

Plus, having Goh work on becoming stronger to face off against Mew again just sounds like a fitting way for him to work off-screen. Since he doesn't have a battle active goal like other companions, working on getting stronger to hold his own against Mew kind of works, especially after he already saw Mew's strength in person.

They have three days to wait to announce the last episode title on December 23 that is missing and the ninth generation anime trailer in magazine and video or if the announcement does not appear for all days, the Pokemon anime is canceled forever .
They have three days.

They have three days to wait to announce the last episode title on December 23 that is missing and the ninth generation anime trailer in magazine and video or if the announcement does not appear for all days, the Pokemon anime is canceled forever .
They have three days.
It's not being cancelled. We know it will continue. There are two confirmed dates where an episode will be airing. We'll most likely learn more of what's to come on Friday.

As for next companions, Arven feels like a pretty safe bet as a mix between Lillie and Brock. Not sure who the girl would be though. Nemona would probably be better as a rival cause otherwise we’d be watching gym battles twice. And Penny would have the problem of “what would she even do”. So maybe Julianna, Iono (I’ve heard the idea floating around and she is the only age appropriate Gym Leader for the role), or an original girl.

Here is the thing:

The female player character doesn't become a travel companion unless she has a role in the games.

They have three days.
Please stop saying that the anime will be cancelled forever. We know that the anime will continue even after Journeys end. They said that Ash's adventures will continue and while they didn't say how they would continue, I don't think that they'd be giving him a movie series or making web exclusive shorts for Ash going forward.

Please stop saying that the anime will be cancelled forever. We know that the anime will continue even after Journeys end. They said that Ash's adventures will continue and while they didn't say how they would continue, I don't think that they'd be giving him a movie series or making web exclusive shorts for Ash going forward.
Sorry. This is the rules and they have three days.

Sorry. This is the rules and they have three days.
No it isn't. You don't decide how long the higher ups have to announce something before the anime is cancelled. Neither of us would have any kind power like that, so stop acting as if you do.

I've already seen that tweet. That's talking about the end of Journeys, not the end of the anime as a whole. And I've already explain that you do not have power over the anime to say stuff like they have three days to announce something or else the anime is over forever. Please stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom