• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN136: Satoshi and Go! Embark on a New Journey!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, there's really no reason they couldn't have at least given a poster or something to say "Hey, this is what's happening for the anime." after Ash vs. Leon. Even with the production issues they could have done something as simple as this. They've never done anything like this where they've been this secretive about the future of the anime and quite honestly, its been an awful move. I mean we're at a point where they're only revealing 1 title at a time, and I thought I heard they haven't officially released JN136's summary on their site or anything.

Last edited:
Good, now I just have to pray that Goh is gonna seperate from Ash. Arceus, please, rid us of him once and for all.

I mean if Goh’s out I’m pretty sure Chloe is gone too. If she’s a researcher now it makes more sense for her to learn from her dad than going to a place where the gimmick has nothing to do with her research choice. Plus she’s Goh’s friend not Ash’s. At the start she couldn’t even stand him and now it just feels like she has learned to tolerate him for Goh’s sake. So since Goh is for sure leaving her continuing with someone she barely has any of a connection to just makes no sense.

FINALLY! I've waited for this! If Goh really is gone, who will be joininh Ash next
Honestly I'm finally glad we have a confirmation (ik some don't take leakers as confirmation, but I 100% trust gryphon)

I was so worried there would be a PV at 136 and those fake titles were somehow real

As hidden mew has mentioned before, GOH staying made basically no sense at all. The whole catching them all goal was never gonna be taken seriously

The fact that we have to wait for a leak to hear that Goh is leaving, instead of an official announcement, is pretty sad. Not to mention that we still know nothing about anything after this episode at all. I really don’t understand why this show doesn’t want to be transparent about its production, it’s been really hard to enjoy Journeys throughout this year. It gives me a “good riddance” feeling, instead of a “hard to say goodbye” feeling like XY did for me. While I am bummed out that I feel this way towards Journeys, I’m not surprised about it either.

The fact that we have to wait for a leak to hear that Goh is leaving, instead of an official announcement, is pretty sad. Not to mention that we still know nothing about anything after this episode at all. I really don’t understand why this show doesn’t want to be transparent about its production, it’s been really hard to enjoy Journeys throughout this year. It gives me a “good riddance” feeling, instead of a “hard to say goodbye” feeling like XY did for me. While I am bummed out that I feel this way towards Journeys, I’m not surprised about it either.
Yeah, its genuinely frustrating. There's been so many production issues and such. Its the fact that they haven't been transparent about all these issues and they've kept us in the dark for this long about the future. If this is the last episode, what's next? Why haven't they said "Hey coming in 2023 is Pokemon Scarlet and Violet: The Series." I trust GryphonCool and pokeanimenews. They've been right about most things and both are saying this is the end and Goh is leaving.

To be honest, I'm glad that we have confirmation partly because I was already tired of people panicking over the idea of Goh staying. I understand why people don't like him, why they didn't want him to stay and they are entitled to their opinions, but the discussion about whether or not he would stay was already getting old and annoying. Granted, I felt the same about the whole "Will Ash be replaced?" or "Is the anime ending?" discussions too, but I'm also probably just tired of seeing the same complaints about Goh and seeing people panic over a character I like staying was probably made me a bit sad too. Again, I understand why people dislike Goh and I'm not saying that people can't want him gone or anything like that, but it's just kind of sad for someone like me who does really like him.

More importantly, I do think that it makes much more sense for Goh's character and the storyline itself if he does go off on his own journey. They've been setting this up for awhile. Project Mew has always felt more like a setup for Goh eventually leaving the series to me as opposed to a new goal. Even if he doesn't join Project Mew full time, the fact that he has done some missions on his own, including doing one at the same time Ash had his battle against Leon, makes it clear that the writers were setting him up to leave the cast. Goh struggling to say that he wants to go on a journey alone also pretty much confirmed he'd be leaving anyway. I don't think that they'd introduce that thought if they weren't going to actually do that.

Plus, the setup for this episode made it a pretty easy way for the series to come full circle. Ash and Goh battle against Lugia, the same Pokemon that brought them together in the first place. It would allow for them to remember how they became friends, all the adventures they've had since then, work together battling against Lugia and it would make it clear that they'll always be connected no matter where thy go. Ash would already know this with all of the friends he has said goodbye too over the different series, but Goh would especially need to know this when he didn't even know how to bring up going on his own journey to Ash before.

If Goh's goal was handled much better and his development was handled much better, I probably would have liked him because he does have a nice friendship with Ash. But because of how he was written, I can't help but feel relieved he's leaving. He's caused so much controvery and arguments among the community, so its a relief he'll leave.

Also, JN135 highlighted one of the biggest ways I think they could have handled him better. He wants to travel so he can get strong enough to be able to hold his own against Mew, and become more independent. If that was his goal all along rather than juat catching everything in the belief it will help him catch Mew, I probably would have enjoyed him more.

Last edited:
Goh is leaving and Journeys is ending

1670953603917.png

As for next companions, Arven feels like a pretty safe bet as a mix between Lillie and Brock. Not sure who the girl would be though. Nemona would probably be better as a rival cause otherwise we’d be watching gym battles twice. And Penny would have the problem of “what would she even do”. So maybe Julianna, Iono (I’ve heard the idea floating around and she is the only age appropriate Gym Leader for the role), or an original girl.

Also, JN135 highlighted one of the biggest ways I think they could have handled him better. He wants to travel so he can get strong enough to be able to hold his own against Mew, and become more independent. If that was his goal all along rather than juat catching everything in the belief it will help him catch Mew, I probably would have enjoyed him more.
This looks bad too, considering Gary had his Blastoise even longer than Ash had his Pikachu, and not even they were able to be a challenge for Mew. If Gary traveled for about as long as Ash has and still couldn’t put up a fight against Mew, then I can’t really believe that anyone in this show’s universe could match its power. I feel like Goh continuing his traveling just to have a chance at fighting Mew is a scrapegoat excuse at best, especially considering he chucks Pokéballs at a lot of things and catches them, including Suicune. This also goes with what you’re saying about him causing controversy in the fanbase, since Goh’s accomplishments are incredibly inconsistent. It’s unfortunate, but I do agree with you.

As for next companions, Arven feels like a pretty safe bet as a mix between Lillie and Brock. Not sure who the girl would be though. Nemona would probably be better as a rival cause otherwise we’d be watching gym battles twice. And Penny would have the problem of “what would she even do”. So maybe Julianna, Iono (I’ve heard the idea floating around and she is the only age appropriate Gym Leader for the role), or an original girl.
Arven is a safe bet for likely. Juliana would work also. Iono is the only Gym Leader close in age. She's probably a teenager close in age to Cilan or Brock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom