• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Jo's art from beneath her rock

Jo The Marten

Dr. Heart Stealer
Reaction score
I've been begging for critique across the internet, and gotten little to no results, so I hope I can have better luck this time. I'll share my pictures here as often as I can. At the moment I'm limited to just traditional methods of art. I prefer drawing, but I occasionally dabble in sculpting. Hopefully when my birthday comes around I can get my paws on a Wacom tablet so I can go back to doing digital work.

Currently I post my current work on my Tumblr: Under the rock
I also have older works on my DeviantArt: SonicAmygirl on deviantART

Critique is encouraged

Drawings:
Flygon flying over Route 111
61546_1554221328246_1016564103_31642484_4698230_n.jpg

Godot
73490_1600925175813_1016564103_31740554_2776233_n.jpg

Audrey II
155143_1643420358166_1016564103_31824694_4817009_n.jpg

Fi
393352_2611495119430_1016564103_32848591_464252674_n.jpg

Sculptures:
A figurine of Toothless I sculpted (no paint)

Toothless figurine (painted)

Gonarch figurine
71541_1598628038386_1016564103_31737024_5240186_n.jpg

Headcrab figurine
72780_1598628358394_1016564103_31737026_2073228_n.jpg

Flygon figurine

Other:

Construction paper TARDIS

Collage painting

Abstract portrait of David Tennant

Line-shaded portrait of Alex Kingston

Posterized Kiwi

Nice! I especially like the Flygon drawing!

I really like the flygon and Fi drawing.

Those drawings are great! I really like the background in the first one. and the little details the statuses are good as well.

Ooh, I love your style! The Easter image especially is just adorable, though I can't help but feel that Buneary's arms look a little bulky. But regardless, I love it - the expressions on Exeggcute are really cute! Your figures are lovely, too. Toothless is my favorite, though I really wish I could see him from different angles >:

Ooh, I love your style! The Easter image especially is just adorable, though I can't help but feel that Buneary's arms look a little bulky. But regardless, I love it - the expressions on Exeggcute are really cute! Your figures are lovely, too. Toothless is my favorite, though I really wish I could see him from different angles >:

Yeah, something about Buneary seemed weird. I thought maybe its head was too small, or its eyes were too big. Based on the art, the arms are pretty and take up the entire brown part.

427Buneary.png

Also, which angles would you like to see? I don't mind taking more pictures.

Last edited:
New piece

I cannot get over how much I love the new female player character. She's so cute. She is definitely my favorite player character thus far.

Alright so you want criticisms here we go.

Flygon flying over Route 111: This may be my lighting teacher channeling through me but "Shadows, Shadows, Shadows" Your light seems to be coming from the north as evidence by the shadows of the rock. But that doesn't seem to be true with the left or right wing, and the tail. As such the wings end up looking, well flat and wrong. The same could be said for the shadows coming off from the mesa, maybe practice going from darker shadowing to lighter, just do not darken it too much to hide the detail. I know it is a fine line to walk but you will be a better artist afterwards.

Godot: The left and right arm proportions seem to be slightly off, that just may be me, also maybe a bit more detail on the cup, is the liquid supposed to be at the brim? If not you could lower it a bit and have some shading to better round out the cup, both inside and outside. If so you could have some spilling over to also help round out the cup.

Audrey II: You look to be off to a good start here, you need to start bringing out the detail with shading, as I seem to be hyping on tonight xD. Also add some detail into the background possibly? Maybe wood grain on the desk, or some different layers with the leaves in the background to add more depth.

Fi: No real complaints here, you seem to be shading really well and this seems to be one of your more complete works. The crosses on the legs however seem a bit flat, and look as if you paid the least amount of detail to have it round out.

Figurines: All of them look great except the Flygon, for some reason the painting on the Flygon, and the eyes in particular just seem like a rush job to me.

New Piece: The dimensions seem to be slightly off with what your drawing, especially the lower right drawing. She goes from skinny, to kind of overweight, to very overweight it seems through out the drawing. If these are sketches that is fine, but I also know its hard to start drawing a new character.

I really like your Flygon drawing! I agree I think there needs to be a bit more contrast because parts of the landscape get lost, but I'm not that much of an artist anyway so it doesn't matter what I say lol :p

Plus your flygon sculpture is pretty cool, I find sculpting so hard!

That seems to be a common misconception, that you have to be an artist to give critique. Anyone and everyone has an opinion on a piece of artwork. The trick to giving critique is being able to say "WHY don't I like this?" and that really helps an artist out.

As for Flygon, I must admit my scanner at the time liked to lighten things up, which ruined that image.

New works!

I've been in a bit of a rut and everything I produced just angered me. So I decided to step back a bit and do something I was familiar with, and that's Flygon.

tumblr_m3o5hg34yM1r948dpo1_1280.jpg

Then I took another step and made a Flygon gijinka.

tumblr_m3o5kgJ6bj1r948dpo1_500.jpg

Feeling a bit better, I decided to do something much bigger. So since I've been watching Korra lately, I thought I'd do a nice big picture for it.

Pencil lines
Inked
Final product

So I still exist, I'm still drawing. Just haven't posted stuff here in some time. I typically keep my tumblr updated with my art. (Click the images to make them bigger)

Here's an original character I made up for a story I was working on.

The story itself is going slowly, but I've been developing my characters by drawing them (that's the only image I've posted anywhere though)

Next up is fanart for Little Shop of Horrors

I'm pretty pleased with this one. Audrey came out a little funny, but Audrey II came out amazing, I'm really happy with it.

Lately I've been trying to think how Audrey II would look if it were a human. So I decided to draw up some designs. This is what I ended up with

Overall I'm pretty pleased with it. I gave it a 1960s gangster design since it matched the time period, and the character pretty well. I also tried to make the design gender-ambiguous since Audrey II is technically a hermaphrodite.

Really done nice job there...the display you present for us is inspiring, and very professional.
Like all of these...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
(Spoiled for partial nudity and slight gore)
tumblr_mdwntmLW711r948dpo1_r2_1280.png

Back
Top Bottom