• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Jumanfia - Day Five (In the jungle, the peaceful jungle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could post the nightscene tonight but I won't be around this late most days, so putting off the change until morning. See you all in ~8 hours

Day 2 Begins (Calvin Killed)
Everyone laid asleep in their beds, dreaming sweet dreams, and the occasional nightmare. Their rest was not long for this world, however; they were each and every one awoken by a strike of lightning, seemingly right outside their tent. Upon running out into the darkness, they were immediateyl hit with the fact that they remembered themselves as being in a house before. But now, they were surrounded by a thick, insurmountable jungle.
Upon exploring, they found that only one tent lay in the wreckage of the lightning; that of @Calvin ッ, who had turned into a bolt as he was released from the world.
Calvin has died!
They were the Thunderstorm, the One-Shot Lightning Rod!

As soon as they witnessed this, they once more heard the clicking of ivory on wood.

The scraping noise was once more heard as an ivory elephant ticked along the board, landing on the ninth space. And then came the riddle, echoing into everyones minds.
This will not be an easy mission.
Monkeys slow the expedition.

The time for rest was over.

DAY 2 BEGINS

Day 2 ends in 48 hours, at 8am PST on Wednesday, 14 August 2019
With 11 alive, 6 is majority

@Cyber Wolf will be replaced. I was a little lenient on post count during Day 1, but I will not be today, so WaterBlue and Laurentus, you have both been warned.

THE LIVING (12):
  1. @MegaPod
  2. @ShinyRockruff204
  3. @Minish
  4. @Cyber Wolf
  5. @CheffOfGames
  6. @ExLight
  7. @Contrainer
  8. @Rainbow Cloud
  9. @WaterBlueMan
  10. @Officer Snake
  11. @Laurentus
THE DEAD (1):
  • Max1996, the Quicksand, Town Roleblocker
  • Calvin ッ, the Thunderstorm, Town One-Shot Lightning Rod

Rip Calvin

Anyone got any interesting info/updates?

Did you try using your role last night or no? I'm wondering if Calvin did without knowing he was lightning rod and that's why he died.

I wouldn't normally out this since it's good to keep this info from mafia, but seeing as we lynched Max yesterday and revealed the reasoning then I figured it's fine to discuss now. I'll admit the reason I'm asking you and don't know myself is because I learned my role day 1. I alluded to that fact a little bit. But I'm wondering if others can still use their's without knowing it.

Did you try using your role last night or no? I'm wondering if Calvin did without knowing he was lightning rod and that's why he died.
It's a possibility, but I think it was just a coincidence.
He was one of the few confirmed town, would make sense for mafia to go after him.

Did you try using your role last night or no?
I didn't consider the possibility of being able to use it, so no. :unsure:

It's a possibility, but I think it was just a coincidence.
He was one of the few confirmed town, would make sense for mafia to go after him.

Yeah he would've made a good target for mafia. But the flavor seemed like he might have activated as well. That's why it's hard to figure out.

I didn't consider the possibility of being able to use it, so no. :unsure:

Yeah, that's fair. I probably wouldn't have considered it either, so wasn't sure if any other townies did.

I'm all caught up now and my only town reads are ExLight and Contrainer. Day 1 was mostly talking about mechanics and that doesn't really help with my read. ExLight, Calvin, Laurentus, and Minish were the only players who were on Max bandwagon and I wonder if they were all paranoid townies while the scum did not vote at all or do you guys think there was 1 scum on the bandwagon?

ExLight, Calvin, Laurentus, and Minish were the only players who were on Max bandwagon and I wonder if they were all paranoid townies while the scum did not vote at all or do you guys think there was 1 scum on the bandwagon?
Minish and Calvin seemed to know some info that only town would know, so I'm clearing them up for now.
Laurentus could've faked to know what we were referring to, since he appeared after some info was made public. So, neutral reading him for now.

Megapod is under my radar, but I feel like there's nothing that convicts him as scum.

Haven't got any new info I'm afraid :(

Leaning town on both of you ExLight and Minish, you're both contributing a lot and trying to work things out. I'm also inclined to believe Contrainer's claim.

Not sure on the others yet but I'm a little suspicious of @ShinyRockruff204 , he didn't really contribute much during day 1 sticking with that vote on Deku and I know it didn't count because it was the night phase but he then moved to vote for Cyber Wolf's (Jinjo's) inactive slot.

I'll be honest, I quite like to do night kill analysis, however much it's frowned upon as WIFOM, but I don't know any of you enough.

Is there anyone that Calvin has often feuded with?

Of course, the simplest explanation is likely the correct one: that he was Town enough to make an appealing target, but not Town enough to be defended.

Yet another possibility is that some random condition was reached for him to die, given the game's random nature.

Could be inexperience wit Rockruff though rather than CWAC, never played with him before and not sure how experienced he is.
Pretty new. And quite naive. Doesn't seem to reflect his alignment.
Btw, heya, if you had voted last Day Phase, who would have you voted for?

Of course, the simplest explanation is likely the correct one: that he was Town enough to make an appealing target, but not Town enough to be defended.
This assumes the Doctor is active tho.

This assumes the Doctor is active tho.

There's no reason to assume otherwise as a Wolf since, after all, no one even knows whether we have a doctor. It would be the safest to assume that we do if you're planning to kill someone.

Also, I'm having a thought here. How sure are we these roles are tied to alignment? I, specifically, have a role that activates at a certain undetermined point I don't care to divulge, but that doesn't seem to be whatever it is that Max saw, or what any of you seem to be hinting at, as you specifically mentioned late-game.

There's no reason to assume otherwise as a Wolf since, after all, no one even knows whether we have a doctor. It would be the safest to assume that we do if you're planning to kill someone.
Ah, that's a good point.

Also, I'm having a thought here. How sure are we these roles are tied to alignment? I, specifically, have a role that activates at a certain undetermined point I don't care to divulge, but that doesn't seem to be whatever it is that Max saw, or what any of you seem to be hinting at, as you specifically mentioned late-game.
I feel pretty confident it is a Town thing. Wouldn't really make sense for the Mafia to have this gimmick.
Max's role might've been active from the very beginning, which would explain why he seemed to not know about it, which is just unfortunate. There might be more Town players that like him.

We mentioned late-game? :unsure:
If that was me then it might've been poor wording.

Wasn't able to be as active during the latter part of the day but didn't really see anything that particularly stuck out to me at the time. Was leaning more town on you, Minish and Calvin and was a bit unsure and felt more against voting for Max as I've been burned a few too many times voting for him in circumstances similar to those in the past though this was more based on gut feeling than fact.

Contrainer was pretty much ruled out with with his claim but I may have leaned slightly towards a vote on Rockruff or MegaPod. Rockruff wasn't really helping much and Pod kind of just felt like he was just managing to be there but not really get noticed that much but neither really did anything that made me want make the vote. Cheff kind of feels like he's been keeping a bit of a low profile too but I never really picked up on this during day 1.

Laurentus turned up fairly late during day 1 and Cyber Wolf and WaterBlueMan were totally inactive so didn't really have much to go on with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom