• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Keep/Change/Delete

how we so, chasing gold
Reaction score
i'd... probably remove? like, i get the point is to always crit, but the really low base power means i don't really see the advantages of using it over say, freeze-dry or ice beam in most scenarios.

hail

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Maybe make it deal more damage every turn, like Sandstorm did in Generation II.
Bite

how we so, chasing gold
Reaction score
eh, leave it as is. a decent beginner move for early level 'mons, i suppose.

bide

Reaction score
Bide seems to be fine I suppose, maybe not that effective but could work in some niche strategies. I checked the page on Bulbapedia and found it amusing how the effect kept changing over the generations, though it was removed in Gen 8.
Flatter

The flavor of coffee~
Reaction score
Keep. I'm not quite sure why it raises special attack by only 1 stage, when swagger raises attack by 2, but I think it's better like that.

Charge

Shaped Like a Friend
Reaction score
Delete. It's... inoffensive as a gimmick, but at the same time it's as just extraneous and situational as one. I doubt anyone would miss it.

Hidden Power.

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Bring it back, makе its powеr consistеntly 70 and makе its typе dеpеnd on valuе diffrеnt from IVs.

how we so, chasing gold
Reaction score
^ don't forget to mention a move/ability/item

Macho Brace

Reaction score
Keep it. It is an interesting item to throw onto a Pokemon during a casual playthrough and can help in training a competitive team, though they have added items like the Power Anklet and others like it for more specific stat training.

Ally Switch

how we so, chasing gold
Reaction score
i don't play doubles, but it seems like it would be a useful move there

soak

cute patootie
Reaction score
keep! it has potential for use in competitive, though I never really used the move much personally. but I assume it has its uses like getting rid of STAB on opposing Pokémon, among other things?

bullet seed

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Change it so you don't lose the item permanently when using it in-game, as Fling is only really good in PvP situations where the item won't be lost forever.

Wild Charge