• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Keep/Change/Delete

Up the power, 50% HP or bust. A move that demands this level of hard-read needs way more payoff to be worth the moveslot investment. Especially since, even in a closed-sheet system, it's not the kind of scenario that a player's going to blunder into twice. You get one free shot and everything after that takes hard-reading that needs more payoff to be worth it.

Surging Strikes

The damage-reduction in Gen 7 was nice, but I think the biggest thing to help balance it is just to only trigger secondary effects once. As I recall that was really the main thing that made the ability as insane as it was. I feel like it'd end up a lot more reasonable if the little bit of bonus damage was all it had, since that's still very impactful in several aspects.

Sky Attack

Keep, it may not be the most practical move, but it is still iconic.
Alluring Voice

Keep? I feel like inflicting confusion only if the target has raised their stats in the same turn is a very hard read for not much payoff, especially when it's a move mostly learned by support/healer Pokémon. But buffing it doesn't really seem like the right choice here either, so I guess it's fine as is.

Brine

Make it 100% accuracy pls, that would be lovely. Great move. There's not many great physical fairy-type moves out there and I tend to use this move a ton where I play. It deserves 100% accuracy and can have that high without any repercussions.

Thousand Arrows

I’d keep it. It’s unique in that it can hit Flying types as a Ground attack, doesn’t have too much BP or an annoying sub-100% accuracy, and it’s not like it renders the Flying type useless on Pokemon like Zapdos either, since all hits against Flying types will be neutral. Plus, Zygarde deserves a unique move like this one after not having any presence in XY and still not getting to shine in SM’s plot.

Thief

I'd make it like Knock Off, where it does double damage if it steals an item.

Defeatist

Keep
It's a cool item that gives more incentive to use multi-hit moves without being a straight up Skill Link clone. Now all we need is more consistency between the accuracy and base power of multi-hit moves.

For example, Fury Swipes

Maybe raise the accuracy, as it is unreliable even at low levels.
Lansat Berry

Change it to activate at half HP
Gale Wings

I'm not sure quite how viable this is to code, especially with edge-cases such as switching, but I feel like you should still be able to use status moves on Dark-Types, just without the priority. It feels a little weird that Dark-Types completely negate a Prankster's gameplan, rather than just taking away the bonus.

Illusion

Raise the power to 75, and the accuracy to at least 95, as it is rather underwhelming now.
Liquid Ooze

Back
Top Bottom