• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Affleck leak uses English names so I'm gonna go with no.

Honestly, I doubt the Affleck leak came from a playtester. My guess would be translation team or marketing.
well then if gamefreak does things similar to the movie industry then i suppose it is possible for false things to be translated to help keep leaks from happening.
don't know throwing an idea out there.

well then if gamefreak does things similar to the movie industry then i suppose it is possible for false things to be translated to help keep leaks from happening.
don't know throwing an idea out there.
That doesn't even really make sense, because giving your translators fake info among real info to translate does nothing to prevent real info from leaking. All it does is waste your employees' time.

That doesn't even really make sense, because giving your translators fake info among real info to translate does nothing to prevent real info from leaking. All it does is waste your employees' time.
yet the movie industry does things similar for big popular movies to help keep people from spoiling it.
edit here let me put it this way, i'd imagine you have multiple people translating segments. if one has fake starter info in their segment and one as real and lets say one or both leaked you aren't going to know any different until it is officially revealed. both would be concepts of gamefreak so there isn't going to be one that sticks out like a sore thumb of being fake.

yet the movie industry does things similar for big popular movies to help keep people from spoiling it.
The movie industry hides things from actors, but they don't make them shoot new scenes that won't be used.
edit here let me put it this way, i'd imagine you have multiple people translating segments. if one has fake starter info in their segment and one as real and lets say one or both leaked you aren't going to know any different until it is officially revealed. both would be concepts of gamefreak so there isn't going to be one that sticks out like a sore thumb of being fake.
Having someone fix fake translations after a reveal seems like a waste of time and money when the Pokemon is going to be revealed anyways. And creating a dummy concept just to go the extra mile? Man, if I heard Game Freak went to the trouble of making a Pokemon just to throw off leakers but removed another line of Pokemon because "they didn't have time to make the model", I'd flip my lid.

I am aware that Marvel has done this with Tom Holland due to his tendency to not keep secrets well, but he was also aware that some of the scenes being shot were fake. The end result is that he can't tell anyone what's going on because he doesn't really know himself.

That's not the same as throwing some fake information in with real information- that doesn't prevent a translator from leaking real information. Real info would still get leaked. The only way that mixing fake info in with the real info would remotely work is if they told the translator that some of the information was fake so they would doubt what was real and what wasn't. Which really would just result in us getting leaks with a disclaimer explaining the tactic.

It works for Hollywood because the fake information is just alternate versions of scenes. It really wouldn't work for hiding parts of a video game.

I doubt it was someone from Japan since it's incredibly hard to actually leak over there.
I imagine it was a tpci employee who just leaked what he recalled

I doubt it was someone from Japan since it's incredibly hard to actually leak over there.
I imagine it was a tpci employee who just leaked what he recalled
Which one? Because the Meteordyna leak came from a Japanese forum.

Grookey's evolution could be a response to that Harambe petition from 3 years prior.
I don't think that was big in Japan, so probably not.

Grookey's evolution could be a response to that Harambe petition from 3 years prior.
i googled gorilla drum. what about this?
This awesome Cadbury commercial from 2007 was an instant classic. It featured a gorilla playing the drums to “In The Air Tonight” by Phil Collins and is as impressive, funny, and entertaining as anything we’ve ever seen. Great marketing stands out and this commercial certainly stands out.
Commerical for Cadbury

Philip David Charles Collins LVO (born 30 January 1951)[8][9] is an English drummer, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and actor. He was the drummer and later became singer of the rock band Genesis, and is also a solo artist. Between 1982 and 1989, Collins scored three UK and seven US number-one singles in his solo career. When his work with Genesis, his work with other artists, as well as his solo career is totalled, he had more US Top 40 singles than any other artist during the 1980s.[10] His most successful singles from the period include "In the Air Tonight", "Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)", "One More Night", "Sussudio", "Two Hearts" and "Another Day in Paradise".

Born and raised in west London, Collins played drums from the age of five and completed drama school training, which secured him various roles as a child actor. He then pursued a music career, joining Genesis in 1970 as their drummer and becoming lead singer in 1975 following the departure of Peter Gabriel. Collins began a solo career in the 1980s, initially inspired by his marital breakdown and love of soul music, releasing a series of successful albums, including Face Value (1981), No Jacket Required (1985), and ...But Seriously (1989). Collins became "one of the most successful pop and adult contemporary singers of the '80s and beyond".[1] He also became known for a distinctive gated reverb drum sound on many of his recordings.[11] In 1996, Collins left Genesis to focus on solo work; this included writing songs for Disney’s Tarzan (1999) for which he received an Oscar for Best Original Song for “You'll Be in My Heart”. He rejoined Genesis for their Turn It On Again Tour in 2007. Following a five-year retirement to focus on his family life,[12][13] Collins released an autobiography and began his Not Dead Yet Tour, which runs from June 2017 until October 2019.

Collins's discography includes eight studio albums that have sold 33.5 million certified units in the US and an estimated 150 million worldwide, making him one of the world's best-selling artists.[14] He is one of only three recording artists, along with Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson, who have sold over 100 million records worldwide both as solo artists and separately as principal members of a band.[15][16] He has received eight Grammy Awards, six Brit Awards (winning Best British Male Artist three times), two Golden Globe Awards, one Academy Award, and a Disney Legend Award.[17] He was awarded six Ivor Novello Awards from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors, including the International Achievement Award. He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1999, and was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2003 and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Genesis in 2010. He has also been recognised by music publications with induction into the Modern Drummer Hall of Fame in 2012, and the Classic Drummer Hall of Fame in 2013.[18][19]
Phil Collins Bio wiki

edit adding Cadbury wiki

Cadbury, formerly Cadbury's and Cadbury Schweppes, is a British multinational confectionery company wholly owned by Mondelez International (originally Kraft Foods) since 2010. It is the second largest confectionery brand in the world after Mars.[2] Cadbury is internationally headquartered in Uxbridge, west London, and operates in more than 50 countries worldwide. It is known for its Dairy Milk chocolate, the Creme Egg and Roses selection box, and many other confectionery products. One of the best-known British brands, in 2013 The Daily Telegraph named Cadbury among Britain's most successful exports.[3]

Cadbury was established in Birmingham, England in 1824, by John Cadbury who sold tea, coffee and drinking chocolate

i googled gorilla drum. what about this?
This awesome Cadbury commercial from 2007 was an instant classic. It featured a gorilla playing the drums to “In The Air Tonight” by Phil Collins and is as impressive, funny, and entertaining as anything we’ve ever seen. Great marketing stands out and this commercial certainly stands out.
Commerical for Cadbury

Philip David Charles Collins LVO (born 30 January 1951)[8][9] is an English drummer, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and actor. He was the drummer and later became singer of the rock band Genesis, and is also a solo artist. Between 1982 and 1989, Collins scored three UK and seven US number-one singles in his solo career. When his work with Genesis, his work with other artists, as well as his solo career is totalled, he had more US Top 40 singles than any other artist during the 1980s.[10] His most successful singles from the period include "In the Air Tonight", "Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)", "One More Night", "Sussudio", "Two Hearts" and "Another Day in Paradise".

Born and raised in west London, Collins played drums from the age of five and completed drama school training, which secured him various roles as a child actor. He then pursued a music career, joining Genesis in 1970 as their drummer and becoming lead singer in 1975 following the departure of Peter Gabriel. Collins began a solo career in the 1980s, initially inspired by his marital breakdown and love of soul music, releasing a series of successful albums, including Face Value (1981), No Jacket Required (1985), and ...But Seriously (1989). Collins became "one of the most successful pop and adult contemporary singers of the '80s and beyond".[1] He also became known for a distinctive gated reverb drum sound on many of his recordings.[11] In 1996, Collins left Genesis to focus on solo work; this included writing songs for Disney’s Tarzan (1999) for which he received an Oscar for Best Original Song for “You'll Be in My Heart”. He rejoined Genesis for their Turn It On Again Tour in 2007. Following a five-year retirement to focus on his family life,[12][13] Collins released an autobiography and began his Not Dead Yet Tour, which runs from June 2017 until October 2019.

Collins's discography includes eight studio albums that have sold 33.5 million certified units in the US and an estimated 150 million worldwide, making him one of the world's best-selling artists.[14] He is one of only three recording artists, along with Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson, who have sold over 100 million records worldwide both as solo artists and separately as principal members of a band.[15][16] He has received eight Grammy Awards, six Brit Awards (winning Best British Male Artist three times), two Golden Globe Awards, one Academy Award, and a Disney Legend Award.[17] He was awarded six Ivor Novello Awards from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors, including the International Achievement Award. He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1999, and was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2003 and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Genesis in 2010. He has also been recognised by music publications with induction into the Modern Drummer Hall of Fame in 2012, and the Classic Drummer Hall of Fame in 2013.[18][19]
Phil Collins Bio wiki

edit adding Cadbury wiki

Cadbury, formerly Cadbury's and Cadbury Schweppes, is a British multinational confectionery company wholly owned by Mondelez International (originally Kraft Foods) since 2010. It is the second largest confectionery brand in the world after Mars.[2] Cadbury is internationally headquartered in Uxbridge, west London, and operates in more than 50 countries worldwide. It is known for its Dairy Milk chocolate, the Creme Egg and Roses selection box, and many other confectionery products. One of the best-known British brands, in 2013 The Daily Telegraph named Cadbury among Britain's most successful exports.[3]

Cadbury was established in Birmingham, England in 1824, by John Cadbury who sold tea, coffee and drinking chocolate
And Birmingham is the castle city in Galar.

Pretty sure gorillas are typically associated with percussion instruments, though, due to how they beat their chests, so that could point to any number of things, including just the fact that that association exists.
sure but there is tons of entries with a simple google about that commercial and nothing about drumming the chest which i found odd. i guess the singer was super popular or well known. British and so was the chocolate company. Tarzan also being a big hit with Disney though an American story, featured British characters. with Britian's history of rock music it just ties together nicely. only speculation of course. if Gookey's evo does become grass fairy for some reason it may be depicted as a gentle giant.

had no idea but i thought it was nice that if this is the influence of grookey's evo its nice the singer also wrote songs fro Tarzan. nice nod.
The castle for the Birmingham City is easily the nearby Warwick Castle. Also, Birmingham is known as the Venice of Britain because of all the canals.

Yeah, the three big cities in Galar are all based on the three big cities of the UK... Manchester, Birmingham and London.

XD The more I read up on this gorilla, the more I think that it must have had some influence on Grookey. At least the choice on GameFreak's part to go with a gorilla starter, since it was trending in Japan. We may just get one heck of a handsome gorilla evo to swoon the ladies.

I believe they've mentioned in an interview before that they look at trends for pokemon ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom