• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
XD The more I read up on this gorilla, the more I think that it must have had some influence on Grookey. At least the choice on GameFreak's part to go with a gorilla starter, since it was trending in Japan. We may just get one heck of a handsome gorilla evo to swoon the ladies.

I believe they've mentioned in an interview before that they look at trends for pokemon ideas.
possibly esp since the video was talking about the "wild look" on men is becoming more popular in japan and how the guy on there was saying he believes that the wild look of the gorilla is why it is appealing. Tarzan is described as a wild man and a very popular story.

What is Harambe?
Oh boy. Harambe was a gorilla at some zoo that grabbed a 4yo kid that ended up in his pen. He ultimately had to put down to protect the kid, and the news of this gave way to a massive wave of memes and shitposting mourning his death, to the point of getting obscenely obnoxious and grating.

Anyways, going back on topic, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Affleck and Meteodaina were the only real leaks we're getting this cycle. I do think we're going to have news in a general September Direct, since they've announced big news in a Direct before (namely USUM having Blacephalon and Stakataka, the first time the games introduced new Pokemon in a gen after the initial pair).

Oh boy. Harambe was a gorilla at some zoo that grabbed a 4yo kid that ended up in his pen. He ultimately had to put down to protect the kid, and the news of this gave way to a massive wave of memes and shitposting mourning his death, to the point of getting obscenely obnoxious and grating.

Anyways, going back on topic, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Affleck and Meteodaina were the only real leaks we're getting this cycle. I do think we're going to have news in a general September Direct, since they've announced big news in a Direct before (namely USUM having Blacephalon and Stakataka, the first time the games introduced new Pokemon in a gen after the initial pair).
What's the Meteodaina leak? Because I already know the Affleck one.

Unless Sobble's final evolution ends up blowing it out of the water, I'm probably going to go Grooky when I get around to playing Shield.

I actually really wish that that set of starters was real. I like all 3 designs a lot.

I really, really want Grookey's evolution to look like that. I want a feminine starter.

Last edited:
I actually really wish that that set of starters was real. I like all 3 designs a lot.

I really, really want Grookey's evolution to look like that. I want a feminine starter.

A feminine gorilla is not likely.

You know you guys did all this research into gorillas and drums, but has anyone considered that they just took it from Donkey Kong? It is Nintendo, and He is a gorilla and he does play the drums. All of them play an instrument actually, and his are bongos. At least in the 64 version. I can’t currently remember the one that just plays the drums. The big one I think. Which would be fitting...his color is even green if I remember right.

Many cite Delphox as a start but it's partially based on Reynard and mage ( which are usually shown in a gown or cloak).
It’s probably labelled as feminine because of Braixen's design which looks like its wearing a skirt.

XD The more I read up on this gorilla, the more I think that it must have had some influence on Grookey. At least the choice on GameFreak's part to go with a gorilla starter, since it was trending in Japan. We may just get one heck of a handsome gorilla evo to swoon the ladies.

I believe they've mentioned in an interview before that they look at trends for pokemon ideas.
He gained added fame in 2015, due to being considered 'handsome', 'sexy', 'photogenic',[3] and 'metrosexual
Uhhhhh

Shabani is the GOAT.
Also there seems to be a English band called the Arctic Monkeys.

You know you guys did all this research into gorillas and drums, but has anyone considered that they just took it from Donkey Kong? It is Nintendo, and He is a gorilla and he does play the drums. All of them play an instrument actually, and his are bongos. At least in the 64 version. I can’t currently remember the one that just plays the drums. The big one I think. Which would be fitting...his color is even green if I remember right.
Sure but since most are insisting that grookey is a drumming gorilla in its evolution i just googled gorilla drums and saw what popped and it was nothing but that commerical so many people loved that was about all this british stuff loved internationally. It was fitting and unexpected as i told oriden because no entry result was talking about the habit of gorilla drumming.

Gamefreak develops Pokémon, not Nintendo. And no, Chunky plays the triangle. DK actually plays the bongos, which is still really just playing off of how gorillas beat their chests.

XD Yeah I don't understand Japanese women either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom