• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they are based on the Bullet Shrimp.
And Corphish are based on crayfish so... XD

I would definitely argue in favor of Clauncher being the closest thing to a lobster seeing as Corphish is much more definitively a crayfish in name and lore, especially with it being found mostly in ponds. On the flipside, Clauncher is only found on ocean routes and the meat in its claws is stated to be delicious in its Ultra Sun pokedex entry. Its coloration also seems to be a reverse of real life lobsters in that the rare color is red while the common color is blue.

We eat shrimp. This site classifies entirely as a shrimp.
We eat the shrimp's body. Clauncher's dex entry in Ultra Sun specifies the claw meat. Clawitzer's Ultra Moon entry also refers to the claw being edible.

Also it's best not to take Bulbapedia's origin trivia as fact since something like 99% of it is purely speculative.

We eat the shrimp's body. Clauncher's dex entry in Ultra Sun specifies the claw meat. Clawitzer's Ultra Moon entry also refers to the claw being edible.

Also it's best not to take Bulbapedia's origin trivia as fact since something like 99% of it is purely speculative.

Bulbapedia tells me Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf are based on the imperial regalia of Japan but I can't see the resemblance ...

Same with the Volcarona - Mothra connection; just speculation. The interview about gen V's designs didn't even reference Mothra in the Volcarona part, but other stuff (like that sunmonument in Japan and solar spots).

Same with the Volcarona - Mothra connection; just speculation. The interview about gen V's designs didn't even reference Mothra in the Volcarona part, but other stuff (like that sunmonument in Japan and solar spots).
Oh we're not even allowed to put that Volcarona may be based on Mothra. Just like we can't put that Tyranitar may be based on Godzilla. Because for some reason a pokemon possibly being based off of a Japanese pop culture icon is too speculative but saying that Umbreon may be based on Bastet isn't, despite the far lesser resemblance.

For the most part, every origin section is just speculation and the rules of what isn't allowed to be put there are grossly arbitrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom