• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, speaking of the bare minimum, does anyone else think that's gonna do the most damage to this game? Like, I'm excited (or as excited as I can be with dexit sitting in the corner staring at me), but the trailers have just been so uninteresting, and so sparse with new, compelling content. It makes it seem like there's nothing in this game! "You can make curry!" Ok, that's nice I guess but I'm not buying this game so I can make curry, I'm buying it so I can use new Pokemon. Show me the new Pokemon. Or new features that are more interesting than "your Pokemon get big". The wild area is probably the coolest "new" thing in this game, but even that is something that's already in other games, it's just an open world section. Plus there's the whole dexit fiasco which, while I'm not opposed to not all Pokemon being in the game, the way they handled it and the fan backlash was just horrendous.
I think that will depend on how the promo looks in November. There's a possibility they'll tease a lot more new stuff right before release.

Or, they could be waiting for it to be more of a word-of-mouth promo once the games are out, with everyone hearing about all this fun new stuff that wasn't advertised and then deciding to get it during Black Friday. Remember that the games come out two weeks before Black Friday and holiday shopping season. That's plenty of time to let word of mouth convince people to buy the games post-release.

I think that will depend on how the promo looks in November. There's a possibility they'll tease a lot more new stuff right before release.

Or, they could be waiting for it to be more of a word-of-mouth promo once the games are out, with everyone hearing about all this fun new stuff that wasn't advertised and then deciding to get it during Black Friday. Remember that the games come out two weeks before Black Friday and holiday shopping season. That's plenty of time to let word of mouth convince people to buy the games post-release.
Possibly, although word-of-mouth campaigns tend to do rather poorly imo. Plus, I don't know what they could announce that would negate the base press from dexit. The Battle Frontier? There is that leak that says contests are coming back I suppose. But like, is that it? A bare bones open world that's missing half the Pokemon, megas and zmoves have been dropped for mspaint's expansion tool and worse mega evos, and no real innovation in terms of the gym challenge? Say what you want about SuMo not having gyms but at least it tried something new and different, even if it was more or less just a new coat of paint. At least they're doing something interesting with regional forms I guess.

Possibly, although word-of-mouth campaigns tend to do rather poorly imo. Plus, I don't know what they could announce that would negate the base press from dexit. The Battle Frontier? There is that leak that says contests are coming back I suppose. But like, is that it? A bare bones open world that's missing half the Pokemon, megas and zmoves have been dropped for mspaint's expansion tool and worse mega evos, and no real innovation in terms of the gym challenge? Say what you want about SuMo not having gyms but at least it tried something new and different, even if it was more or less just a new coat of paint. At least they're doing something interesting with regional forms I guess.
Actually, speaking of the bare minimum, does anyone else think that's gonna do the most damage to this game? Like, I'm excited (or as excited as I can be with dexit sitting in the corner staring at me), but the trailers have just been so uninteresting, and so sparse with new, compelling content. It makes it seem like there's nothing in this game! "You can make curry!" Ok, that's nice I guess but I'm not buying this game so I can make curry, I'm buying it so I can use new Pokemon. Show me the new Pokemon. Or new features that are more interesting than "your Pokemon get big". The wild area is probably the coolest "new" thing in this game, but even that is something that's already in other games, it's just an open world section. Plus there's the whole dexit fiasco which, while I'm not opposed to not all Pokemon being in the game, the way they handled it and the fan backlash was just horrendous.
It's clear they want to build Mystique like the pre gen 5 cycles but with the announcement of Dexit that's been twisted into hypotheses about why that happened instead.
Truthfully no generation would be free of scrutiny if something like this was announced back than either since both Gens III and V caught flack for semi-similar scenarios.
the only thing anybody can really do see how all of this pans out

They have nothing to show because there ir anything else to show.

I don't know, I thought they were trying to over compensate a little when doing the marketing of sun and moon. there wasn't that many pokemon and many of them didn't evolve. but they game I thought looked and felt like something different and fresh. they may be more confident with SWSH, plus they may want things a little more quiet before the games are actually launched and played because of dexit. I think they may be relying on word of mouth too as someone said. plus so many people complained about how they marketed last time anyway. I'm keeping an open mind with swsh honestly. I mean imo, trailer wise what I have seen looks promising.

idk if i've said this before but as opposed to wooloo evolving into a wolf i think it makes more sense for there to be a wolf counterpart to it - maybe one that pretends to be wooloo. or maybe it is a fire type to take advantage of the fact that wooloo has the fluffy ability
i think this makes more sense than wooloo evolving into a wolf because i think a farm pokemon evolving into its own predator doesnt make sense but thats just my opinion

Personally, the curry thing is the only feature that really makes me want to play SwSh but at the same time it isn't enough to make me want to actually buy it. XD

Someone better datamine the playable demo when it hits.

Gotta know all those Pokémon available.

Also. Starter. Evos. Wheezes
Why datamine the demo when the game is most likely going to come out first?

Please tell me you're joking because that mindset is just shortsighted and pessimistic.

Yeah, but since Gen 3 we don't have a non dragon pseudo legendary. I'd like to see a new thing too, because I'm sick of these of these dragons XD
Don’t get me wrong. I am always up for more dragons. I still have not got my ultimate ba dragon yet, so I’m waiting for that, but it really would be nice to see somethin new, and I really could see them using impidimp for it...although to have it at Nessa’s gym Might be too early in the game. Then again they can put whatever line up they want for a demo. The three starters being the prime example. It could explain why they have not released impidimp yep as well. If they are trying to keep it secret.

Hey. Here is a crazy random thought. What if impidimp ends up being the psuedo line?
some people on youtube theorize that he will become a fruit bat for some reason.
i think he has alot of potential to become something pretty cool and unique (hopes for psudeo gargoyle. gargoyles are so interesting and neat looking)

Don’t get me wrong. I am always up for more dragons. I still have not got my ultimate ba dragon yet, so I’m waiting for that, but it really would be nice to see somethin new, and I really could see them using impidimp for it...although to have it at Nessa’s gym Might be too early in the game. Then again they can put whatever line up they want for a demo. The three starters being the prime example. It could explain why they have not released impidimp yep as well. If they are trying to keep it secret.
Seeing how Nessa's Gym was filled with filler Pokémon (including a Vulpix of all things), I don't think it's an indication that it will be obtained early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom