• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The size and scope of the 'GearProject' team makes me wonder how people came up with the "it's priority above Pokémon"-statements. Both projects hardly look alike in terms of size.

Gossip, lots and lots of gossip. I believe it originally came from both the interview that mentioned devs jumping in and out of Gear Project whenever they saw fit, and an "insider" account of how there were more developers working on it over Pokemon. Then the Internet did it's thing.

He was director for Harmoknight and Tembo.
And those games scream his style! I'm kind of tempted to try out Tembo, since it seems like a it'd be a ride.

Last edited:
I am pretty curious about Eternatus. Mainly because Affleck refers to it as "evil legendary", but Affleck didn't go very far into the game, so it means the information about Eternatus being evil is delivered to the player early on, so there could be a plot twist.
We don't know that they even played the game. I think they most likely read that whole info from some document.

Misinterpretations of that one interview with Masayuki Onoue as well as headlines like “GameFreak wants to make a game ‘more exciting than Pokémon’” probably contributed to the idea that GameFreak is prioritizing Gear Project, more specifically Town, above Pokémon.

Honestly, while I don't agree with the level of dexit outrage we got, GF and TPCi should have done a much better job of damage control. It really feels like they didn't change any of their marketing strategies to account for the outrage.

Honestly, while I don't agree with the level of dexit outrage we got, GF and TPCi should have done a much better job of damage control. It really feels like they didn't change any of their marketing strategies to account for the outrage.
I dunno if we can say definitively that a faster news cycle akin to Sun and Moon would have been “damage control” (i.e. what the majority of fans want). A lot of people complained about how much news we got last cycle, so it feels like TPCi is already doing damage control in that regard.

That being said, I do agree they could be doing more to assuage concerns via other means.

I dunno if we can say definitively that a faster news cycle akin to Sun and Moon would have been “damage control” (i.e. what the majority of fans want). A lot of people complained about how much news we got last cycle, so it feels like TPCi is already doing damage control in that regard.

That being said, I do agree they could be doing more to assuage concerns via other means.
How exactly can you damage control what people consider too crucial? This is a new policy people can't find themselves abiding. So they already were going down a rocky road.

I’m pretty sure the majority of the trainers in the demo were given Pokémon specifically for the demo; if I remember correctly, there was a mix of Pokémon that were weak to the starter’s typings, so you didn’t just have to use Grookey. While Impadimp’s typing isn’t weak to any of them (at least in their unevolved forms), there’s a good chance it was just put in the gym for that specific demo.

As far as Eternus being Chairman Rose; it wouldn’t be the first time a catchable Pokémon disguised itself as a human. Zoroark initially appeared as an old woman in a caravan in Gen V, and unless I’m mistaken, Zorua appeared as a child until you interacted with it while Celebi was in your party in the same game.

I mean, I don’t really think Rose will be Eternus, but in-game canon suggests that it can happen.
I think so too. But I Also think it is odd that those creatures were near the water gym too.
I guess there could be an off chance that impidimp could become those things?

I think so too. But I Also think it is odd that those creatures were near the water gym too.
I guess there could be an off chance that impidimp could become those things?

I kinda doubt it, one thing Pokemon likes to do is keep similar shapes and contours in their designs. Impidimp is highly stylized, with a cartoonish expression and proportions, limited palate and lots of curves. The mystery Pokemon is very jagged and harsh, with a separate color scheme and somewhat alien and frightening proportions.

I think they should have covered more about Pokemon home right away when things started getting out of control. I think they should have started giving people an idea about what old Pokemon are going to be in sword and shield without making us comb through trailers. And I think they should have responded more directly to some of the acquisitions instead of just letting all these negative rumors fester.

But the marketing team must be asleep because they've just been doing so little.

How exactly can you damage control what people consider too crucial? This is a new policy people can't find themselves abiding. So they already were going down a rocky road.
More information on HOME and its planned features would've definitely been a good step. Trading being confirmed for the app was a little bit in the right direction but it was a detail easily missed and not really enough on its own.

You mean besides doing literally nothing but giving a second statement reiterating the same thing? Obviously people are going to be mad about it either way. That shouldn’t stop them from at least trying to mitigate the issue.
Distributions, more info on Home, DLC...plenty they could do.
I think they should have covered more about Pokemon home right away when things started getting out of control. I think they should have started giving people an idea about what old Pokemon are going to be in sword and shield without making us comb through trailers. And I think they should have responded more directly to some of the acquisitions instead of just letting all these negative rumors fester.

But the marketing team must be asleep because they've just been doing so little.
Agreed with this.

More information on HOME and its planned features would've definitely been a good step. Trading being confirmed for the app was a little bit in the right direction but it was a detail easily missed and not really enough on its own.
I think GF's best move for Pokemon Home would be to implement a graphically simpler battling system in Home that allows for every Pokemon to battle alongside each other, mitigating Dexit's affects on the competitive community. To save time, they could have the Pokemon reuse sprites and/or assets from the game they were caught in, which would also add a kind of rare collectible nature to pokemon caught in old gens, as they'd be immediately recognizable online.

That and allow their alternate forms and everything else that gives them a different appearance and different movesets also accessible. That's the only way they can satisfy everyone.

I don’t know I kind of like the idea that not all pokemon can join the battling community. Then you actually have a purpose for the new pokemon that I feel like get shafted, and isn’t creating a new team half the fun? Keep in mind, I don’t battle. This is just how I see things at a distance perspective. Plus in cards (not just pokemon) they shift them out all the time. This insures revenue, and that you do have to change your team.

Then you actually have a purpose for the new pokemon that I feel like get shafted, and isn’t creating a new team half the fun?
That assumes that the new Pokemon are still viable in the new meta, though, which isn't a guarantee. Just because Mega Rayquaza is out doesn't mean Polteageist will be able to take on Tyranitar, for example. (who is confirmed to be in the game)

Plus in cards (not just pokemon) they shift them out all the time. This insures revenue, and that you do have to change your team.
Games don't really need that method, though. You're already going to be required to buy the new game to play the current battle system-cutting out Pokemon doesn't change that. Cutting out Pokemon doesn't necessarily force someone to change their team, either, since their team could still be kept in the dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom