• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of also think that the promo cycle actually became MORE scarce due to the Dexit backlash. Anything Pokémon posted to any social media was drowned in hate for months. You think the marketing team wants a bunch of new info about these games to get mixed up in Dexit hate? They knew they couldn't win with the mob mentality, so they seem to have very purposefully laid low since E3, only releasing the bare minimum in order to have a more positive reaction when something was revealed (like yay finally, news!).

So yeah new eeveelutions are still possible.
I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but to be fair the news cycle had been slow since far before Dexit. Maybe that’s because it was still relatively early, but I think they planned for a slow news cycle ahead of time. Actually, they may have even done so in anticipation of Dexit so who knows.
It doesn't. It actually implies that we will be getting a Mimikyu like Pokemon that disguises itself as Eevee, or at least a new Mimikyu form with an Eevee disguise.
It almost assuredly is referring to Eeveelutions. A Mimikyu for Eevee is not likely at all. I think the person in the costume is just meant to represent Eevee without picturing it directly, then the images next to it represent Dragon and Steel.
Not that the image leak is necessarily true at all.

Last edited:
I do think that if we were getting new Eeveelutions then they would've revealed them already, considering how popular and marketable Eevee is.
Maybe, but given how slow it has been going a last minute eevee boost could bump the hype train again right before release.

@swiftgallade46 the eevee in the costume could be a gigantamax eevee too. The dragon and knight are definitely steel and dragon type hints, though.

Maybe, but given how slow it has been going a last minute eevee boost could bump the hype train again right before release.
Except it wouldn't make sense because Eevee is so popular that any new Eeveelution would have to be revealed early. Sylveon was the first Pokemon confirmed for XY after the games were announced.

I for one think it makes for fun speculation and surprises when playing the game for the first time. With SM, a lot of people were complaining about how the trailers and all were spoiling too much of the game. I wouldn't mind if they kept some things like special moves or Evolutions a secret until the games releases, but I suppose there is no way to please everyone.
Well, things became complicated when they don’t reveal enough for people to get hyped enough to buy the games...

I do think that if we were getting new Eeveelutions then they would've revealed them already, considering how popular and marketable Eevee is.
Again, Leafeon and Glaceon were hardly featured at all prior to D/P’s release so it isn’t unfeasible that we could still be getting some. The main reason Sylveon was featured so early was to promote Fairy-type.
@swiftgallade46 the eevee in the costume could be a gigantamax eevee too. The dragon and knight are definitely steel and dragon type hints, though.
It’s possible, but I can’t really see how an Eevee cosplay would translate into Gigantamax Eevee.

We thought there will be no more regional variants after Sun and Moon BAAAAAM Galarian forms happened
We thought evolution for old pokemon died in Gen 4 BAAAAAM Obstagoon and Sirfetch'd happened
We thought open map can't work with Pokemon games BAAAAAM Wild Area happened
And now we think its too late for an eeveelution but i think Game Freak is hiding that as a surprise element. After they announced Sylveon first in Gen6, announcing a new one just before the release can make people crazy hyped for the game. And i can't think any reasonable excuse for them to not making a new eeveelution unless they couldn't come up with a good design.

maybe they will hint or show something with eevee (if they do at all) with the starters?

I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but to fair the news cycle had been slow since far before Dexit. Maybe that’s because it was still relatively early, but I think they planned for a slow news cycle ahead of time. Actually, they may have even done so in anticipation of Dexit so who knows.
Yeah. It's gonna be speculation forever, but it's hard to say either way. Typical promo cycles pick up with E3 and continue until release. This promo cycle got destroyed at E3 when Dexit was announced. Who knows if they planned to have a typical cycle, revealing Impidimp and Skwovet and Greedunt and all the other half-teased stuff, but then left it all unannounced and just revealed literally the bare minimum that was required to reveal a new feature.

How exactly can you damage control what people consider too crucial? This is a new policy people can't find themselves abiding. So they already were going down a rocky road.
By making Gen 8 the first generation to introduce compatibility patches so that the initial pair can directly communicate with other games in the same generation. It doesn’t have to be every single Pokémon; just enough for players of remakes to be able to battle and trade with the main region of that generation.

This would also help stall for a break year if said patches were released after all of the games in that generation had a chance to shine on their own first.

I don’t know; I could see a Mimikyu Eevee actually. That is so something they would do. Mimikmee, Normal/Ghost type

Regular Mimikyu has been confirmed for these games ever since they showed off Allister. Some Galarian Mimikyu Eevee form isn't happening... Unless they confusingly just give it an extra form this gen? And both are catchable?

Im in the "reveal everything" camp tbh. If someone doesnt want to get spoiled then just dont watch the trailers or come to discussion forums, but if youre on the fence these trailers would be perfect

Its not as hard as people make it seem, ive avoided most spoilers for sun and moon by staying away from forums and not watching trailers, i only got tapus and alolan dugtrio spoiled from a youtube thumbnail

For those of us who want to know everything it seems reasonable to wait for the datamine that is very likely to happen before the game comes out. I know that's not an official news source, and it's not guaranteed. But it's been happening quite a bit lately and I think we can expect it about a week or so before the games come out.

Regular Mimikyu has been confirmed for these games ever since they showed off Allister. Some Galarian Mimikyu Eevee form isn't happening... Unless they confusingly just give it an extra form this gen? And both are catchable?
This reminds me of an idea I once had involving Mimikyu having different costumes for it based on either the Gen 1 or Gem 2 menu/overworld sprites. This would affect the moves it learns from TMs or move tutors (as I assume the only reason for Mimikyu learning Thunderbolt and Thunder through TM was because of it mimicking Pikachu).

I think I have seen the topic of new egg moves, being added to certain pokemon in USUM but the moves not being available on there, somewhere in the forums. One was Weezing and the other zigzagoon. I'm gonna bring it up since this article put a list of pokemon together who may get a galarian form or galarian evolution based on the new egg moves. Perhaps Shield's exclusive is Girafarig ? (that makes me nervous because i like it the way it is.)
Serebii.net has neatly organized all the Pokemon with egg move updates, move pool changes, and stat changes in Sun and Moon or Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Using the egg move and stat change data, I have created a list of Pokemon who are candidates to receive Galarian forms by the same logic above. I considered potential Galarian forms based on four parameters: (1) the Pokemon received a stat change; (2) the Pokemon received a new egg move; (3) the Pokemon’s full evolution line has not been revealed explicitly via a Sword and Shield trailer/gameplay; (4) the Pokemon was not present in Alola. Pokemon with two or more of the above should be considered as potential Galarian forms.
Remember that this list is completely meant for data-based correlation and speculation, and not meant to be a guide to all upcoming Galarian forms.
Notable Pokemon who fit the pattern of being the only Pokemon to receive a unique, new egg move in USUM, have not been shown in Sword and Shield trailers, and were unavailable in Alola include the following:

• Bidoof
  • Bouffalant
  • Chimeco
  • Darumaka
  • Deerling
  • Farfetch’d
  • Girafarig
  • Illumise
  • Pansage
  • Pansear
  • Patrat
  • Roselia
  • Shelmut
  • Spiritomb
  • Spritzee
  • Tangela
  • Whismur
  • Zigzagoon.
Here are several Pokemon who did not make that list due to sharing a new egg move, although it might be with a different type Pokemon:
  • Blitzle & Hawlucha (Feint)
  • Carnivine & Scraggy (Acid Spray)
  • Koffing and Tympole (Venom Drench)
  • Ledyba & Petilil (Endure)
  • Ponyta & Phanpy (High Horsepower)
  • Swirlix & Dewpider (Sticky Web)
  • Volbeat (Lunge)
  • Yamask & Chimeco (Crafty Shield)
Simply because Pokémon are not on this list does not mean they are off the table for receiving a Galarian form.

ARTICLE: WERE HINTS AT GALARIAN FORMS HIDDEN IN ULTRA SUN & ULTRA MOON?

That's 3/3 so far on that list. I think it's likely that at the very least, these are the Pokémon they had ideas for improving in some way, that were saved for later use.

Interesting that Blitzle and Ponyta are on that list, since I remember some rumor mentioning Galarian forms for them. The one that discussed the za-wolves abilities.

That's 3/3 so far on that list. I think it's likely that at the very least, these are the Pokémon they had ideas for improving in some way, that were saved for later use.

Interesting that Blitzle and Ponyta are on that list, since I remember some rumor mentioning Galarian forms for them. The one that discussed the za-wolves abilities.

actually I have seen several more on rumors as well. Phanphy, girafarig, deerling, patrat, and I think maybe petili, but I cannot remember that one for sure. Either way many of those have been mentioned.

Could just be added as a cosmetic form akin to Flabebe, Burmy or Shellos- that wouldn't be confusing. Although I suspect that they won't do it even though it would be pretty darn awesome if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom