• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably going to have to wait till G5 Remakes (or sequels?) around 7 years from now (2026 if the numbers are right :( )

View: https://youtu.be/wnb9xWgmczY

I've been thinking. While the game could have been better from a graphics point of view, in the sheer sense of world scale this is easily much larger than anything Game Freak has done before. Every town feels so unique and well like a town should feel. The routes (at least the first one) don't seem to be as linear either. I really feel that this region will be the most alive one yet. There's just so much potential with corporations, pokemon habitats and a focus on characters.

I still think Leon is the true villain. Rose is a character who sponsored your rival, doesn't give me "surprise villain who tries to be nice to you" vibes.
I don’t even think it’s time to go "Team X" when we know nothing about them other than their names.
Well, we know that Eternatus is supposed to be evil.
I for one, don't think Eternatus has any relationship with Meteordyna, it would kind of throw away the idea of a trio if you ask me since Eternatus is supposed to be more related to Zacian and Zamazenta according to the leak that got everything right so far and the fact that Eternatus supposedly encountered Zacian and Zamazenta during that cinematic.
Zacian and Zamazenta could be version exclusives to their games. Such as:

Sword trio: Zacian, Eternatus and Meteordyna
Shield trio: Zamazenta, Eternatus and Meteordyna

Imagine a Kyurem Gigantamax form... Turns into the Original Dragon...

Too bad that probably won’t happen though :(
Eh, I prefer the Original Dragon wouldn't be locked into something you can only use sometimes, so in this case, I'm happy that Kyurem won't receive attention this generation. The inevitable Gen 5 remakes is where the Original Dragon will exist.

The Meteordyna leaker's ambiguity about it being a "major" or "minor" Legendary catches my interest. Do they mean "minor" as in, like, Cresselia- or Moltres-tier? Or do they mean it's the "small Mythical" like Mew, Celebi, etc.?

Last generation, they tweaked the usual "lesser trio, major trio" template by having a "lesser quartet" instead of a trio (and yeah yeah I know about the Musketeers, but technically they are a trio; Keldeo was a similar-but-unrelated Mythical Pokémon that was merely adopted by them whereas the tapu deities are all clearly from the same strain of whatever formed them, and they're all classed as Legendary Pokémon that you can encounter in the game as-purchased). Maybe this time it'll be a major trio (Z/Z/E), and only one "lesser" Legendary (Meteordyna)? Maybe Meteordyna is created in response to Dynamax, like how Type: Null was designed in response to the Ultra Beasts.

I think that Oleanda might turn out to be evil. Her name comes from the Oleander plant, which is extremely toxic and has been used by people in the past as an effective poison.
Interesting observation! Now I come to think of it, the rose flower too has a reputation in poetry and romance for being beautiful on the outside, but possessing deadly thorns for anyone who decides to hold it. Chairman Rose could turn out a similar way, hiding his schemes behind the glamour of the Galar league, celebrities and Dynamax.

What do you guys think of Alcremie? isn't so ADORABLE?

The Slurpuff the original Slurpuff was meant to be

Interesting observation! Now I come to think of it, the rose flower too has a reputation in poetry and romance for being beautiful on the outside, but possessing deadly thorns for anyone who decides to hold it. Chairman Rose could turn out a similar way, hiding his schemes behind the glamour of the Galar league, celebrities and Dynamax.

A rose by any other name would smell just as... evil >:D

In this story, Leon could be, if they decide to take the 'he's good' path, the unaware scapegoat for Rose's plans.

Or he may be the grey character/character with redemption like Lusamine and Guzma in USUM- he's initially intoxicated by the fame being the face for Galar league and it’s glamour he got thanks to Rose, and wants to keep things that way. But the player motivates him to realise that the fame and title isn’t everything and Leon joins the player against Chairman Rose.

Considering he said the pre-historic guy is exclusive to Max Raids, I'd guess that he mistook a Gigantamax form for a base Pokemon or it's Eternatus/another legend

Considering he said the pre-historic guy is exclusive to Max Raids, I'd guess that he mistook a Gigantamax form for a base Pokemon or it's Eternatus/another legend
Or it's a fake leak. XD

Being a gigantamax form wouldn't really excuse the "prehistoric black man" thing anyway.

I think that Oleanda might turn out to be evil. Her name comes from the Oleander plant, which is extremely toxic and has been used by people in the past as an effective poison.
That's a nice catch!

It's also interesting too since Leon's name means the following (since it's based off Dandelion): Healing from emotional pain and Injury, Intelligence in emotionally and Spiritually, Warmth and power of the sun, Surviving through challenges and difficulties, Long lasting happiness and youthful joy, and getting your wish fulfilled.

Leon's name is very positive but given the whole "healing from emotional pain and injury" make me think something terrible will happen to him and we won't actual be able to battle him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom