• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally no news for two weeks and since we didn't got any news on this Wednesday too i think we have to wait until next week. At this point i really don't think whats happening right now is a marketing strategy. We are too close to the game release for spending two whole week with no news. And actually the last new pokemon ( not including galarian forms and gigantimax ) announced at 18th September, more than a month ago. I am just very disappointed.
Regardless of the content of the game, it is clearly a marketing strategy to me. Making a trailer with the starters’ evolution would generate hype and we already know that they have evolutions, so it’s not a spoiler in terms of number of new Pokémon.

Whether it works or not, it depends on the content in the games. I remain hopeful based on the previews, and I know the full review to get an opinion from someone wi the similar tastes as mine in any case.

At this point, since they did that overview trailer last week or whenever that recapped literally every new Pokémon and form they revealed up to that point, I don’t see us getting anything more than MAYBE one trailer in the next couple weeks that summarizes everything else (the region, the gym leaders shown, etc) that hopefully ends with the starter mid stages in order to get the hype train rolling again into release week.

Literally no news for two weeks and since we didn't got any news on this Wednesday too i think we have to wait until next week. At this point i really don't think whats happening right now is a marketing strategy. We are too close to the game release for spending two whole week with no news. And actually the last new pokemon ( not including galarian forms and gigantimax ) announced at 18th September, more than a month ago. I am just very disappointed.
??? We know they're just being extra secretive this cycle in response to complaints last Gen. This has been confirmed.

I'm not sure how you guys feel about these last 2 weeks (and 2 days) before release but I'm not even sure if I'd want another trailer or not.
I really just want to get my hands on the games and play them myself lol

But again, I'm in the camp of people who actually appreciate this secretive marketing. It's Pokémon; at the core, you know what you're getting and for me that's what I need to know to make a decision on whether or not I'll buy a game.
Obviously everyone else is free to have their own requirements for what makes them spend money on something, that's entirely fair. I'll just never really understand the kind of people like my sister who literally want to see everything in the game (all new Pokémon, moves, abilities, characters, even the story) to then make the decision. It's like, why even play the game anymore if you already know everything? Idk.

At this point I would like to see just one more new pokemon or starter mid-evos just for that extra kick. Something for me to be extra excited for til release. I have had the game pre-ordered since it was announced. Before the art or anything. The minute I heard sword I had it.

I do like discover things for myself, but given the exclusive Pokémon in each version, which I doubt will be restricted to old Pokémon and Galarian forms, I want to know the ones available to the game I buy, expecially for the first run.

Now, if there’s truly a large aumont of new ones, that might not be a big problem, but if there aren’t that many, with some possibly locked in the postgame, exclusive Pokémon become more important, to me at least.

And while I don’t want to get fully spoiled on trainers we fight, I’d like to at least know the number of Pokémon leaders and trainers in the Champions cup have, so that I can leave a few in the box and fight on an even field.

I've been very frustrated with the marketing over the last month and a half honestly. They could have still revealed more and still not reveal too much. Like with the Kanto Gigantamax trailer, they could have thrown in two or three new Pokemon, a feature, and someone like Kabu or Opal.

I think they should at least show all of the version exclusives. I’m actually alright with all we have seen, but I think they could have showed it better by rearranging things differently. Mainly I would just like to know what I get from each game. I do not even mind not knowing the other version exclusive gyms.

Yeah version exclusive gyms are whatever to me. I just don't want to buy Shield and then "HAHA, YOUR FAVORITE POKEMONS ARE IN SWORD! YOU FOOL! YOU'LL NEVER GET THEM NOW!"

Cuz there are plenty of us who aint paying for your online subscription to do what we did for free in the last 7 gens, Gamefreak.

Yeah version exclusive gyms are whatever to me. I just don't want to buy Shield and then "HAHA, YOUR FAVORITE POKEMONS ARE IN SWORD! YOU FOOL! YOU'LL NEVER GET THEM NOW!"

Cuz there are plenty of us who aint paying for your online subscription to do what we did for free in the last 7 gens, Gamefreak.
I do agree on showing the exclusive Pokémon before, but it’s not GF’s fault that you have to pay the online subscription, is Nintendo’s, and the online subscription is theirs.

I’m curious of how the payment for online features in SwSh with the alternate method mentioned sometime ago would work, though.

It's just so hard to believe that two weeks from tomorrow night, I'll be picking up my copies. This year has flown so quickly.

I also think they could have shown more, but with how close we are to release now, I'm not too concerned with getting more news. The games will release soon enough.

Although I do see us getting one more trailer next week, on the 5th, 6th or 7th. The 7th seems most likely, despite it being on a Thursday, because the games will release 1 week later.

Wanting to know the exclusive Pokémon is a fair point, now that you guys mentioned it.
It's that one thing that escapes me since gen 6, as that was the point where I started getting both games because I liked collecting Pokémon and always having to set up a trade felt like such a bother. (Plus, one main game, one for challenge runs works out great.)
On that note, if anyone needs someone to trade them exclusives, just hit me up lol

Given that we should (almost surely) be able to set up different saves with different profiles on the same platform, I think having different ones for different playstyles and runs shouldn’t require two copies of the games now.

It's just so hard to believe that two weeks from tomorrow night, I'll be picking up my copies. This year has flown so quickly.

I also think they could have shown more, but with how close we are to release now, I'm not too concerned with getting more news. The games will release soon enough.

Although I do see us getting one more trailer next week, on the 5th, 6th or 7th. The 7th seems most likely, despite it being on a Thursday, because the games will release 1 week later.
Here tell me about it is exciting I’ve ordered my copy from amazon and usually the last few years with Pokemon games they’ve came a day early before the release so I’m praying this year it’s a day early again that’s why I like amazon so much ahaha

Here tell me about it is exciting I’ve ordered my copy from amazon and usually the last few years with Pokemon games they’ve came a day early before the release so I’m praying this year it’s a day early again that’s why I like amazon so much ahaha
Hahaha, I wish I could get it a day early! Lemme know if that happens for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom