• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except technically the pics are illegally leaked. They have the copyright and own the info, but I think in this case all they could do is force you to take off the pics. Maybe close this thread. I don’t really know, but all the youtubers were technically secondhand as well, and discussing stuff just like us.
They have the legal capacity to try to shut this thread down, but this is just a discussion board. It's neither the primary source for sharing them, like the discord, nor is anyone here profiting off of it, like YouTubers, so it's not really worth their time to try and stop it.

What if the profesor finds a way in future games to create items that would change the starters type and let them G-max? The phenomenom could be controlled or copied after Eternatus defeat? Or gifts from legendaries?

They have the legal capacity to try to shut this thread down, but this is just a discussion board. It's neither the primary source for sharing them, like the discord, nor is anyone here profiting off of it, like YouTubers, so it's not really worth their time to try and stop it.
I agree. I was basically just saying all they would do is most likely take down the pics. At most shut down this specific thread. I don’t know what they will do if anything. It’s pretty....intense this time.

@prog rocker ; as others have stated, you don’t really have anything to worry about. At worst, they could send BBMG a “cease and desist” if they really wanted to scrub any images. They’re not going to go after individual posters (unless you happen to be the actual leaker lol). And all they’d be able to really do is try to enforce pictures being taken down.

What if the profesor finds a way in future games to create items that would change the starters type and let them G-max? The phenomenom could be controlled or copied after Eternatus defeat? Or gifts from legendaries?
That's a pretty random thought, there's nothing suggesting it'll happen.

My thoughts on the starter's recent revelations:
  • Despite being mono-typed, they seem to have some great move coverage options! This is in direct contrast to their predecessors, the Johto Starters (well, aside from Feraligatr). This makes me happy as we're continuing the trend from Alola. Did not see Cinderace being able to use Gunk Shot...but maybe rabbits regurgitate things?
  • Stat-wise, I'm very impressed with how specialized everyone is; Rillaboom (who is sitting pretty with the highest Attack stat of all starters currently) and Cinderace are physical attackers, while the former is a bulky physical attacker and the latter is a physical sweeper; Inteleon is clearly meant to be a special sweeper. In the past, Game Freak has attempted to make several starters mixed attackers, although not in the most optimal way. Because too many stat points were invested in making both the Attack and Special Attack similarly high, the other stats for the Pokemon's defense and or speed fell to the wayside. This made the Pokemon have decent attack power, but be too slow or too fragile to reliably stay on the field and do damage (in a competitive setting, at least). Examples include Samurott, Emboar, Decidueye (who is my all-time favorite), Blaziken, and Greninja (without Protean). Now, there are exceptions to this rule-such as Incineroar and Infernape. The former has lowered speed in exchange for good bulk, which is only reinforced with Intimidate and a huge movepool (and good STABs); the latter also has a wide movepool, with an exchange of lowered defenses for greater speed (and good STAB). So no, Game Freak doesn't always miss the mark with mixed attackers...but they do more often than not. Which brings me round circle to the fact that the Galar Starters are decidedly not mixed attackers and instead are those who primarily focus in one attacking stat. It makes me hopeful for their inclusion in competitive matches as starters are usually scarcely seen in such environments.
  • Lastly, their signature moves. While I like them all and they all fit thematically, I do have a couple misgivings with Inteleon's and Rillaboom's moves:
    • Inteleon's Snipe Shot is absolutely obsolete in Single Battles. Based on that environment alone, it's outclassed by other Water type moves such as Scald and Surf and pales in comparison to Cinderace's Pyro Ball (which deals quite a bit of damage) and Rillaboom's Drum Beating (which offers speed control). If I were Game Freak, I would have buffed the damage to either 85 or 90, to give it more of a use for single matches. That or make it dual typed akin to Flying Press (for example, do Water and Dark damage). Or, lastly, increase its critical hit ratio (like Leaf Blade) provided its not interfered with by Follow Me, etc (so basically if its first effect activates, then the critical hit ratio boost is voided); or just increase its critical hit ratio regardless, since it's a gun-wielding spy and all. That way, it gives people incentive to use Inteleon's signature move outside of Double Battles.
    • Rillaboom's Drum Beating is such an uninspired name, especially in comparison to its peers. I would have gone with something more triumphant sounding, like: Nature's Rhythm, Forest's Beats, Rilla Groove, Percussion, Beat Crash, Symphonic Snare, etc.
  • This is unrelated, but I'm getting even more excited about choosing Grookey :bulbaWave:

Is it confirmed that normal yamask can be found in Galar somehow? I don't see how we're gonna complete the pokedex otherwise considering Home is not yet available.

Possibly an in-game Yamask-for-Yamask trade like in Let's Go

Will Zacian's and Zamazenta's unarmored forms become usable for battles? I personally hope so. This would allow for those forms to not become pointless like Xerneas's "unactivated" form in the Pokedex.

Their forms aren't just aesthetic like Xerneas's Neutral Mode. They're changed via held item and come with a type change. Barring some really weird restriction, either form should be usable.

On a different note: Did they mention anything about Milcery? I need to know if you get to know which it will have as an Alcremy, or if you only get to know once it evolves.

I haven’t seen anything yet. Which makes me wildly curious as to how the “flavors” are determined. I’m suspecting more and more that it’ll be based on something fairly arbitrary like geographical region or your Trainer ID, to encourage use of their paid-for online service.

I haven’t seen anything yet. Which makes me wildly curious as to how the “flavors” are determined. I’m suspecting more and more that it’ll be based on something fairly arbitrary like geographical region or your Trainer ID, to encourage use of their paid-for online service.
It probably has to do with feeding it something like the necter was. Or evolve while holding special items. Maybe they have a split cooking mechanic for mixing up evolution items. Green tea + macha cookies = green tea, milk + Oran Berries = Blue berries and cream, etc.

Either way, they probably learned their lesson from the Vivillon fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom