• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like people who feel Cinderace is as simple as Charizard are mistaken. It looks like it has a design as complex as most newer Pokemon are to me (and that's how I like it).

Considering its size it is a bit small, so I see where the thoughts that it looks like a second stage are coming from. But I think it looks final, just small.

I like it the best of all the Gen 8 starters by a wide margin. I even like it above Delphox, my favorite Fire starter, or Decidueye, my favorite Grass starter. Possibly even above Primarina, my favorite starter in general, but I'll have see good artwork first.
I have the same feeling. To be honest, I was expecting a bit more of Scorbunny's last stage. Cinderace is decent, a cool pokémon; but, personally I think that there was room for more improvements (similiar to Feraligatr on this matter). I'm also happy for Grookey fans, since Grookey was the least preferred starter acording to a lot of polls around the internet. It seems that Grookey did redeem itself with it's evolutions. Unfortunely Sobble became a bust.

Last edited:
No, because that would be factually inaccurate.

Source: Fire Red/Leaf Green, Ruby/Sapphire guides.
Might not be the best example. My Prima FRLG guide labeled Lickitung a Fighting-type and said Seadra needed a Water Stone to evolve into Kingdra.

You pretty much like whichever generation you started Pokemon with and those overarching designs influence what you think belongs and what doesn't.

Personally the starters, especially Cinderace and Rillaboom look pretty bad. The former just fails on all levels (even with the existence of other anthropomorphic Pokemon) and the latter just wastes Grookey and Grookey2 to become hideous with the afro and the disgusting colour scheme. Jury's still out on Intelleon but it already feels like it's wasted Sobble2's flourishes.

Besides those, the designs seem pretty strong. The foxes, snakes, purple gremlin and gremlin Meowth look great. G-Max forms are a bit like Megas, some designs are great and some are truly awful. The last generation and this seem like a rebound for me design-wise. Sure, you have bad and wasted ones, but overall it's been strongest since Gen 3.

Here are two pictures of our sobble boi in his evolved form

Y'all keep saying that intelleon's a steaming pile of shit when if pic 1 had been released instead of two, I'm sure there'd be a different reaction.
It's like the delphox syndrome - terrible model, amazing design.

DID YOU JUST INSULT THE BABY BOI?
No insult, just a comment :p
I feel as if some new intern at Gamefreak designed it without putting much thought into it. Looks are subjective I know, these are my 2 cents for the payday kitties.

And speaking of Meowth, it is getting a lot of new forms. Alolan forms, G-max and now these 2. It's giving Charizard some competition.

Here are two pictures of our sobble boi in his evolved form
View attachment 127389View attachment 127390
Y'all keep saying that intelleon's a steaming pile of shit when if pic 1 had been released instead of two, I'm sure there'd be a different reaction.
It's like the delphox syndrome - terrible model, amazing design.
agreed. the design looks awesome, just the model looks thin and weird.
No, nothing.
On the bright side, we now have 48 confirmed mons in swsh!
That is, not counting the obvious evolution that the poison electric triceratops baby has
yes i want to see baby dino boi grow up to be big and strong

The weird thing about these leaks though is that there were supposed to be over 10 new species in the first few routes.

And surely they would've evolved Yamper and Wooloo or found the first form of Corviknight?

Why is all of that being kept secret?

WOW, I just want to say that so far I am really liking of the leaks:
Rolycoly evolution thingy, the purple guy, the viking troll meowth thing, the fox, the G-Kingler, G-Lapras

I like others too, but those above really stick out to me.

After Thoughts:

Intelleon Is growing on me a bit, but I still find it a little creepy with it's body proportions and big hands/feet. Like someone mentioned before, if that image one of fan art was real I would be ok with it.

Grookey is my starter that is for sure. I think they did pretty good on the design. Nice.

Cinderace's face is really creepy to me. But so was Empoleon's from Sinnoh. Not for me.

The centipede pokemon is scary. I hate those bugs!! they scare me to death.

Come on, that's clearly Super Saiyan hair, which is not an afro.

Thanks for the correction, but it just makes it unnecessarily humanoid. The drum is also ridiculous.

When Grookey2 evolves, a random drum appears out of thin air?

Anyway, hope the game gets into the hands of the dataminers soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom