• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the remakes, I can see them end up being inferior to Platinum in every regard except graphics and speed, 'cuz
A. They'll probably leave out the Battle Frontier again
B. They'll probably keep the Dex cut down
C. They'll probably decide mapping how accessories attach to every Pokemon is too much work and leave that out
D. They'll probably leave out a lot of the touch screen stuff, between this point and the above one, effectively reducing Super Contests to regular Contests
E. That is, if they leave Contests in at all.
F. Definitely no Game Corner, I mean this isn't nearly as bad but there's probably not gonna be a Voltorb Flip-esque replacement either, it's nice having minigames

I realize maybe I'm being way too pessimistic, but...
Agreeing with A and B. C, D and E I'd hope that ideally contests could be reworked/remade and be just as good, even if they're not the same at least. Although after ORAS, not sure that'll happen.
As for F, joke's on you, because in Europe the game corner in Platinum already didn't work so for me that part wouldn't be inferior to Platinum, but rather just nostalgic/the same. xD

Thank you! I don't see what the problem is. I don't know why people are implying this sexual. Are people making it sexual?
It's a fictional character, she gets sexualised fanart drawn. Imo, that's all there is to it, but also people link it to the fact that she has this outfit as if that makes any difference for whether some character gets such art drawn of them or not lol

Personally I just think it looks pretty cool.

After discovering the scandalous regional dex, I decided to not get the games - and I also took a look at every single new Pokemon design.

Overall, the only new one that really caught my eye was Indeedee - really cute happy version! Maybe Dubwool as well, as Wooloo's evo could have been much worse (Thank goodness it wasn't a wolf in sheep's clothing. >.<) I'd still contemplate on keeping the sheepy unevolved on a dream team, though.

Otherwise, I felt that the leaked mons contrasted a lot from the ones Gamefreak was willing to reveal: They were often either too strange, oversimplified or over-engineered for my taste. Lots of spikes and bobbles everywhere, or very few details and extreme amounts of curving. Body proportions were also kind of odd... Maybe seeing them in action and scale might help me warm up to them better.

Of the starter evos, I suppose I'd go for Cinderace of the three, but... None of them really outdid the past generations for me. I wish at least one of them had dual typing to make things more interesting, or add fewer humanlike features to their designs.

...Maybe it's just sour grapes for me right now.

Apparently, it was because among the pictures he included his Discord avatar, and then they tracked that down to his Facebook profile :bulbaFacepalm:
That was the TV leaker with Sword. He was playing it on a monitor next to another monitor open with Discord on it.

The leaker from last night is still fine, though. Or at least according to Resetera.

There was multiple leakers though. A couple of the pokemon seemed to have come from someone else right after he got busted after he posted the fossils and they were playing shield.

In general I'm super happy about the Pokemon we have, and I think 400 Pokemon in the Dex is a good amount. The only thing really disappointing me is that all of my top three favorite lines are out. No Psyduck line, no Jigglypuff line (why Clefairy and not Jigglypuff?), no Mareep line. Also, not that I particularly mourn the loss, but it's really weird that Druddigon isn't in the Dex. He's literally a Welsh dragon.

Dragapult is effing hilarious. I love him. He just yeets his children.

I'm thinking my final team will be Intelleon, Doubwool, Bolthund, Polteageist to be replaced with Dragapult when I find him, Purrserker, and either Hatterene or Galarian Rapidash. If I get both games:
Shield: Intelleon, Doubwool, Bolthund, Dragapult, Purrserker, Galarian Rapidash.
Sword: Thievul, Cramorant, Polteageist, Hatterene, Sirfetch'd, Flapple (if it is indeed a branched evo).

For some reason I have a sneaking suspicion Pokemon actually will follow the eeveelution tradition and introduce a new evo/evos in the Sinnoh remakes.

Well, she's 16 IIRC, but it is still creepy. It also makes Team Yell pretty creepy if you think about it.

Also, can we move the List of Gym Leaders leak to the fake pile?
Wait, are the PC and rivals 16?
About Team Yell...not really, but it’s something to figure out in the game.

Apparently, it was because among the pictures he included his Discord avatar, and then they tracked that down to his Facebook profile :bulbaFacepalm:

Not exactly. Those pics, he sent to others that were supposed to post them in their twitter accounts, but one apparently jumped the gun and didn’t crop
Them before posting them.

Unfortunately, that's a risk you take when publicly announcing you managed to break street date.
I'm not sure you'd get consequences like that for just breaking street date (unless you own the shop that broke street date) - pretty sure had the leaker just played the game and enjoyed themselves, and not leaked anything, they would have been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom