• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

leak thread

Really loving how big Mauville City is. With all of the greenery and shopping centers, it looks like a completely different place in the remakes.

Basing it off the seen shots or new ones? Would love if you can clarify, or anyone really saying stuff like that.

Basing it off the seen shots or new ones? Would love if you can clarify, or anyone really saying stuff like that.

I based my judgment on the pictures in the link provided by Yadon.

AM9Lhjv.jpg MJtRyOD.jpg K81GNAC.jpg

The Mega Flygon & Milotic that 'leaked' looked awful imo, especially Flygon. The 'Castform' that's doing the rounds on Twitter was pretty cute though.

I don't think it does. The main idea behind soaring is obtaining Pokémon outside the Hoenn Pokédex. They could find a convoluted way to restrict soaring to a specific island, but what would be the point?

I don't remember where, but I think they did actually confirm that soaring is available before the League, and it seems as though we'll probably be able to explore the demo islands as soon as we obtain Lati@s. As for the point, probably to make it easier to get certain Pokemon (the demo islands have some rarer Pokemon like Tropius and Chimecho), and to obtain stuff like TMs and Mega Stones.

EDIT:

Partway through your adventure, you'll become able to Soar in the sky.

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/cool-features/fly-freely-through-the-skies/fly-freely-through-the-skies

So yes, it is absolutely obtained in the main game. I do agree that it does feel somewhat pointless, it'd be better if there were exclusive Pokemon there, but they can still make them worth visiting.

Last edited:
Yeah in the end, kegendary mirage spots could open up later or show up as portals like in the screens later on. Soaring as an alternative to flying at that point wouldbe great. Only issue would be how to limit it to places you already visited.

I think the legendary mirage spots (especially for the box legends) will only appear after the main story is complete.

I think the legendary mirage spots (especially for the box legends) will only appear after the main story is complete.

No one's saying otherwise, it's pretty obvious that we won't be able to catch those National Dex legendaries until post game, what we were discussing is whether or not you can Soar in the main games.

Here's another leak. This time in video form. Somebody for once took a video. It doesn't show much though.

Interesting that you have the PN+ from the start,I guess the devin plot unlocks the online portion?

So, any word on if there's a Battle Frontier? If not, has any got any hints as to what the heck the Battle Resort actually is? It better not just be copy/paste of the Battle Maison. That would open up a whole other can of worms, both with angry fans and screwing up the timeline.

Well according to krismendez you don't encounter Scott at all by the time you reach Rustboro City.

So a Battle Frontier really is unlikely at this point.

Well according to krismendez you don't encounter Scott at all by the time you reach Rustboro City.

It's a remake of Ruby and Sapphire. Makes sense, to be honest~ If they do put Scott in and/or the Battle Frontier, they may include him at a later point.

Well, that sucks. ORAS should at least have more than just a simple Battle Tower. I just hope that the Battle Resort isn't a copy/paste of the Battle Maison. Did Game Freak even think about post-game content other than Legendary Pokémon this generation? Because if you're going to make the game easier because of the "People don't have time for video games" thing, then you should have at least tons of post-game content instead of putting minimal effort into the games. I'm honestly think that because of Pokémon's success, Game Freak are becoming too lazy.

No freaking way.

I was so certain it was going to be in. I'm still holding out hope, but man I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case...

That would really disappoint me if Scott and the Battle Frontier are excluded. HGSS included elements of Crystal after all, especially in regards to Eusine. Only thing I can think of is that perhaps both are reserved for the Delta episode. Scott really didn't have any purpose in Emerald until postgame anyways, he just showed up and spoke about the player's strength at various points. As long as both appear postgame, which would make sense to me, I'm happy.

Alakazite is found in Slateport (this is still early in the game after arriving there for the first time).

B2stEgrIQAAE4nz.jpg

Also, don't know if this was mentioned, but he said you can't trade items from XY -> ORAS, but you can trade items from ORAS -> XY. Given ORAS is the game with the new items, that makes no sense to me. Unless they are wanting people to hunt the stones from XY all over again instead of just trading them over.

He traded a Squirtle over from XY to use on his ORAS team, so I see no reason not to believe him.

Those trading mechanics are ridiculous. On top of the ORAS item restrictions, you cannot transfer items via Pokemon Bank, either. You are practically forced to use items only found in ORAS, both in-game and competitively.

EDIT: Your ORAS trainer card displays your current number of Battle Points, so they're back.

Back
Top Bottom