• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

leak thread

I'm talking about after beating the game. Obviously you can't even go to the "Battle Resort" until you beat the game.

I would also appreciate the snark to end. Every response from some people here is filled with italics, and you can just feel the assholery dripping off the page.

I'm talking about after beating the game. Obviously you can't even go to the "Battle Resort" until you beat the game.

I would also appreciate the snark to end. Every response from some people here is filled with italics, and you can just feel the assholery dripping off the page.
Italics are used for emphasis, if you see snark, that's your problem (and I would have found it more insulting that that I'm equating your logic to playground rumors--but that's literally what some of the playground rumors were, so you'd be finding insult from truth). But again, you've provided no explanation as to why 14 days or 100 hours--its just random numbers you've come up with (i.e., grasping at straws).

Maybe there's a time lock, but the only evidence towards it is conjecture because "Game Freak couldn't possibly be that dumb"

I mean, how many people believed in rumors that if you played RBY for X amount of hours or beat the Pokemon league 100 times, the Vermillion City man would finish his building? If we're looking for evidence of a lock I'd go with this:

- The rest of the Sevii Islands were unlocked after beating the Pokemon league and catching 60 Pokemon. If you don't catch 60 Pokemon before then, then its unlocked after you catch 60 Pokemon and talk to Oak.

But considering how much hand-holding this game has (your rivals transporting you to plot-relevant destinations?), I highly doubt that.

Aren't we all just grasping at straws? None of us know anything (apart from that is hasn't been fully built yet) for sure. Call it eudcated guesses all you like, but we're all still sat here scratching our heads over this confounding myriad of incoming information.

Aren't we all just grasping at straws? None of us know anything (apart from that is hasn't been fully built yet) for sure. Call it eudcated guesses all you like, but we're all still sat here scratching our heads over this confounding myriad of incoming information.

No grasping at straws implies you're trying to hope something good will happen against all odds. The idiom comes from the idea of a drowning person grasping at a straw to save his life.

Those of us who are saying "no Battle Frontier" have resigned to drowning.

While I respect that opinions will differ in regards to issues such as the Battle Frontier, this is a reminder for users to be civil with one another and to please refrain from insulting members of both this website and others.

Need I remind everyone of an important note on user ethics?

Hello Everynyan!

The months leading up to the release of a brand new Pokémon are certainly exciting - between the mad rush of monthly news with each issue of CoroCoro Magazine and the speculation that occurs in the interim, there is a lot to be discussed and analysed. Sometimes, a slither of news will ask more questions than it answers and there might be aspects of the games that members are thinking about. With all the uncertainties in this exciting time, members will no doubt be coming up with their own ideas and theories about what may or may not happen.
As everyone will have their own opinions on all kinds of matters, we appreciate and welcome the discussion of different ideas - whether it be praising them if you agree, or scrutinising them if you don't. However, However, the Video Games staff has noticed an increasing trend recently that we would like to address.

We have noticed that there is a small, but noticeable, number of users who are actively engaging in debates both in the Video Games and Hoenn Confirmed sections who are phrasing their arguments in ways that have been coming across to other users as being obnoxious, patronising and even insulting. When debating with a user, we would like to remind people that when debating with other users, that they be courteous and avoid making comments directly aimed at the user as a person, as opposed to simply critiquing the topic of discussion. Users who make posts that are viewed to either personally attack a user instead of debating the point of discussion or are disrespectful will be deemed to be in violation of the Flaming and Baiting rules and will be subject to warnings and infractions.

It is also worth keeping in mind that when a user makes a post that is criticising an idea or suggestion that you made, that in the majority of cases, the user will be critiquing the ideas you have suggested and not you as a person and that due to some members being more active than others, you will sometimes find yourself debating with the same person on multiple occasions. However, if you feel that a user isn't being polite to you or is making personal comments directed at yourself, then we would suggest that you do not reply to the post in question and report the post to the moderation staff, who will review the case and act according to their judgement.

We appreciate that people will have different opinions that will clash and that debates can get heated, but please keep things civil to help try and maintain an environment that is friendly and welcoming to everyone. If you have any other concerns of questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or another member of the moderation team.

Thank you.

Joshawott
Video Games and Hoenn Confirmed Section Head

Thank you.

Legitimate leaker on /vp/ says that you'll be able to catch Deoxys back in Hoenn after KOing it in space. Has various pictures and such, here's the link: /vp/ - LEAKS HQ - BATTLE FRONTIER CONFIRMED

And the reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2mu02k/oras_leaks_by_vp/

Also, he later comments saying that the Battle Frontier is unlocked after beating all 5 leaders/whatever in the Battle Maison.

Also, he later comments saying that the Battle Frontier is unlocked after beating all 5 leaders/whatever in the Battle Maison.

Actually I think that was a bit of a troll post, because he led it off with "yfw", which stands for "your face when".

Actually I think that was a bit of a troll post, because he led it off with "yfw", which stands for "your face when".

Ahh, maybe. Still, no matter if its DLC, a patch, or anything, I think the BF will still be in ORAS.

Legitimate leaker on /vp/ says that you'll be able to catch Deoxys back in Hoenn after KOing it in space. Has various pictures and such, here's the link: /vp/ - LEAKS HQ - BATTLE FRONTIER CONFIRMED

And the reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2mu02k/oras_leaks_by_vp/

So, you have to beat the Battle Maison before gaining the Battle Frontier? I'd rather that Game Freak would have just made it an actual facility within the the Frontier, but at least that gives us an actual reason for us to even consider going to it even though it's also in XY.

Edit:

Well, that certainly didn't help. :-(

I'd say the Deoxys part is believable but unlocking the frontier after completing the maison sounds odd to me.

Is there anything on rematches with Gym leaders at all?

It might be worth one of the people playing it to do just a few battles in the Maison and see if that unlocks anything (something in general, not the Battle Frontier). In XY, you had to have participated in at least one Battle Maison challenge to unlock the rival battle in Kiloude, which subsequently lead onto the rival telling you to meet Sycamore at the crystal and then being able to find the rest of the Mega Stones.

So when they said that Mega Rayquaza evolve differently, they mean that you have to have Dragon Ascent in a move slot for it to go Mega. Trading a move slot for a hold item, that's a superb bargain. I hope the part about you can catch Deoxys after knock it out is real, but I don't care. I just hope that GF would do a mechanic change for Deoxys and Arceus in the future because everything is getting too OP. Deoxys can freely between formes once a turn and Arceus can freely switch types once a turn would reinstate their status as the ultimate event legendaries.

Do we know if items still work though? They disabled Soul Dew in the battle facilities.

So we're just missing the Sinnoh starters now.

Wonder who is giving out these starters? Prof Birch?

Birch gives the Johto ones iirc. But I'm not sure about Unova. I would imagine he does though.

Back
Top Bottom