• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

leak thread

I'm very confused over the "asymmetry" icons thing... why would they bother doing that? and if it's some awkward gender difference-like thing, how would it work with XY?
Probably the same way shinies worked between GSC and RBY: the orientation of the pokemon (original or mirrored) is determined by some pre-existing stat, so when a mirrored pokemon is traded to XY it will display in its original form but still display correctly when/if traded back to ORAS.

According to some Smogon players who experimented with the updated GTS to see what can now be traded, it seems a certain evolutionary line's hidden ability can be legally obtained in ORAS.

All of the trade changes are placed in spoiler tags:
- Latiosite and Latiasite
- Soul Dew
- Flutes, scarves
- Adaptability Skrelp and Dragalge

Guessing this means that we can find them with the Dex Nav as part of the post game then, seeing as we dont currently know about any other form to acquire HA pokemon in ORAS. Unless I've missed someone leaking a Friend Safari, or like facility.

Oh, and to everyone who was saying you can't trade items from XY, Kristhofer (the Spanish guy on Twitter) states that you can trade your Mega Stones from XY to ORAS with no problems.

Guessing this means that we can find them with the Dex Nav as part of the post game then, seeing as we dont currently know about any other form to acquire HA pokemon in ORAS. Unless I've missed someone leaking a Friend Safari, or like facility.

That's just it. I think there's some other way to catch National Dex Pokemon besides ??? and Mirage Spots. As far as what, there doesn't seem to be a Friend Safari in the Battle Resort (there's a second Day Care for some reason, though).

EDIT: Checked back on the Instagram page again, he found the Steelixite in some kind of cave and the Gengarite in a house in the Battle Resort.

Also, the house where you get the Gengarite has a bunch of Poke Balls curiously. Could be nothing, but I thought it might be worth pointing out:

10809968_1397605007196893_53144232_n.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, and to everyone who was saying you can't trade items from XY, Kristhofer (the Spanish guy on Twitter) states that you can trade your Mega Stones from XY to ORAS with no problems.
Well, you can also trade a Snover to ORAS with no problem, and that one is easier to come by then a second copy of an Abomasite.

If I plan to use both games for both the XY and ORAS league, I'd rather not have to trade such limited items between both games, and I'm sure others won't either.

While I'm at it, here's where the Steelixite is found, see if you can find out where this is because I don't recognize it:

10802703_1501028870160850_878108690_n.jpg

Also, he just confirmed you get the Audinoite (Audinite? Not sure that's its English name) from Looker, who has apparently lost his memory.

928731_743164422419515_1387598476_n.jpg

Last edited:
^The Steelixite is apparently in the basement (lower level w/e) of Granite Cave.

^The Steelixite is apparently in the basement (lower level w/e) of Granite Cave.

That'd be my closest guess, but I don't remember any NPCs in Granite Cave aside from Steven and the Hiker at the entrance that gives you Flash.

This is in the post-game now. All the Mega Stones are going to be available to find.

No, I mean why give out the Mega Stone for something you can't even catch?
Well, speaking from a competitive metagame standpoint: If items can't be traded from XY to ORAS, then any mega stone not available in ORAS completely eliminates that mega evolution from the metagame. I find this highly unlikely (not that Game Freak hasn't done similarly maddening things in the past).

Apparently there's non-Hoenn Dex Pokemon showing up in the region after you beat Wallace. Sigilyph is in Victory Road, for example.

The most important question in my mind right now is if GF revamped the attacking priority first turn of mega evolution. I seriously hope they do because some mega would be weaker than expected if they don't.

This is in the post-game now. All the Mega Stones are going to be available to find.

No, I mean why give out the Mega Stone for something you can't even catch?
Well, speaking from a competitive metagame standpoint: If items can't be traded from XY to ORAS, then any mega stone not available in ORAS completely eliminates that mega evolution from the metagame. I find this highly unlikely (not that Game Freak hasn't done similarly maddening things in the past).

We can trade them from XY. Whoever said we can't was wrong.

Apparently there's non-Hoenn Dex Pokemon showing up in the region after you beat Wallace. Sigilyph is in Victory Road, for example.

In the trainer rosters or the wild? Because we already knew about the Victory Road trainers using National Dex Pokemon. Makes absolutely no sense TBH.

We can trade them from XY. Whoever said we can't was wrong.

The guy leaking on Twitter said we can't. I guess he later corrected himself.

In the trainer rosters or the wild? Because we already knew about the Victory Road trainers using National Dex Pokemon. Makes absolutely no sense.

Not sure tbh. I'm just following the leaks thread on /vp/ because they seem to be watching a stream of it.

@Bolt the Cat Really? Source, please? (Not doubting you, just wondering where that came from because it's news to me)

It was this guy on Twitter. He posted this tweet earlier today where he said that you can freely trade Mega Stones from XY to ORAS.

What about other items? I have something like 14 Master Balls on X; I'd like to send a spare or two to Hoenn, just in case.

And if we really can catch Deoxys later, I'm gonna be insanely happy.

Why do people seem to be so unhappy that the Battle Frontier could be included as DLC rather than already in the games? What if GameFreak decided to include it later so that they had more time to actually work on the Frontier, and make it even better than what they would have if they included it right away? Releasing it via DLC would be the superior option if this is the case.

According to some Smogon users, it seems that the games are more streamlined this time.

- The rival transports you to Mauville after encountering Team Magma/Aqua in Meteor Falls.
- The rival transports you to Petalburg after beating Flannery.
- Wally transports you to Mauville after beating Norman.

Not a big fan of the implications of the rival transporting you. I mean if it's just something along the lines of "You've beaten Flannery? Wow, [Player], now you can battle your dad in Petalburg!" then yeah, I have no problem. Otherwise, GameFreak's just holding the player's hand now in my opinion.

What the fuck is Gamefreak doing?! I am so dehyped now.

Taunting us with Dexoys.
Linearising Hoenn.
Scrapping the game corner completely.
Whatever the hell they're doing with the national dex, while not bothering to increase the number of ghosts or ice types.
I don't even know what to think with the battle frontier.
Trying to fit every mega stone into the game?
More bloody Looker.
One more time, the shenanigans with Deoxys are soul-crushing.

I don't know what to think. They've done so much right, but this is so much wrong. I'm starting to think Gamefreak are collectively losing their minds.

Nice to see more starter confirmation. Do we know which stones are game-exclusive yet?

Back
Top Bottom