• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Khu said he'd see us in June so annoyingly we might have to wait until June.
Please no I need something

Why can't Khu just release the dex right now if they're all riddles? No one is going to figure them out until they get revealed anyway. Why wait until June?
Because that defeats Khu's shtick, and nothing fun comes from every aspect of the game just being directly leaked in one day leaving nothing to look forward to for 6-7 months until the game comes out

Please no I need something

Because that defeats Khu's shtick, and nothing fun comes from every aspect of the game just being directly leaked in one day leaving nothing to look forward to for 6-7 months until the game comes out
The fun is figuring out the riddles. Under that folder that says "Gen 9 dex", i'm sure they're all riddles and not the pokemon themselves.

The fun is figuring out the riddles. Under that folder that says "Gen 9 dex", i'm sure they're all riddles and not the pokemon themselves.
rk2IWkx.png

That's actually an image file.

You can tell from the little bit showing that it's a dex graphic like the ones he made for Legends-

FJsFV1UVgAEFijK.jpg

It would literally spoil the type and presence of every pokemon in the game if the whole thing is filled out.

No actually, it looks to be the same as a thing he did with PLA, it was a list of all the pokemon in the game new and old, but instead of name or images it was dex numbers and typings. He slowly revealed more and more of the list as time went on

Here is something interesting. The Pokemon direct that revealed Gen 8 was 2-27-19. The next trailer was 6-5-19. The time span between the two dates was 98 days.

The Pokemon direct that revealed Gen 9 was 2-27-2022. I wonder if they will do the exact same thing, except not releasing it on June 5th because that's a Sunday, but June 6th, which is on a Monday. I think the first week of June is when we might expect a trailer. It also lines up with Khu saying "I'll see you in June."

That's what everyone on the pokeleaks reddit is decyphering it as. I'm just going off of what they are saying. Besides, no one else is saying that it means something different. So I think the general consensus is that Khu is leaking that the legendaries are rideable.
“Everyone” was saying the hints were about RGB and CMYK and absolutely no one was saying it was about anything being ridden. Until suddenly it was.

I’m just saying (to everyone, not anyone in particular) to keep expectations in check and don’t fuel some kind of assumption fire that can very easily turn into anger when it’s revealed that absolutely everyone assumed TOO MUCH from this hint.

It also lines up with Khu saying "I'll see you in June."
I think he more so meant that's the next time he'll start posting more convoluted and vague riddles, not when our next news drop is. I genuinely hope. Pokemon Day to June it a bit too much of a drought for news compared to XY and SM in May.

Plot twist: The Pokemon rides YOU. Yikes.
Can you imagine just having to carry around a heavy ass pokemon like Wailord on your back while running around exploring? But, hey, it would be something different at least. xd
That reminds of of those training scenes from various pieces of media (mainly in martial arts-based stories) where the student is carrying their master, and whatever the master is sitting on, on their back. Imagine if Khu was hinting at this meaning the Legendary Pokémon is training us. :LOL:

On another note: are we really getting solo-Charizard favoritism again? We just had our marketable non-really-a-dragon as the champion's ace in SwSh; having it being the sole non-Gen 9 starter in SV's initial regional Pokédex is just too much. Such actions make Dexit seem more like "let's put the most marketable Pokémon in every game post-Dexit despite other Pokémon making more sense for the region in order to increase our profits" when it shouldn't. At least group it with Feraligatr and Sceptile and give all three part-Dragon-type regional variants.

How does being able to ride legendaries add or take away from your enjoyment of the game? I wasn't really paying attention to pokemon during this time,but couldn't you ride Solgaleo? Did that add to your enjoyment of the game in anyway? Why drag stupid shit like that out for this long? That's what I don't get.
Wyrdeer is not a legendary, obviously, but I found riding him a bit more trouble than it was worth in PLA. I've accidentally plummeted off cliffs while riding him. Plus, he grants me no immunity to Pokemon attacks in the overworld.

I prefer Braviary and Sneasler, tbh. Wyrdeer is kind of redundant once I get those two.

“Everyone” was saying the hints were about RGB and CMYK and absolutely no one was saying it was about anything being ridden. Until suddenly it was.

I’m just saying (to everyone, not anyone in particular) to keep expectations in check and don’t fuel some kind of assumption fire that can very easily turn into anger when it’s revealed that absolutely everyone assumed TOO MUCH from this hint.
Well, we did jump the gun on the RGB/CMYK thing, but we didn't have any other connection between them until we got the collage, which is the complete riddle and clearly had riding legendaries as the common link. So we can't really be wrong that it has something to do with riding them.

Everything else is just speculation, though.

That reminds of of those training scenes from various pieces of media (mainly in martial arts-based stories) where the student is carrying their master, and whatever the master is sitting on, on their back. Imagine if Khu was hinting at this meaning the Legendary Pokémon is training us. :LOL:

On another note: are we really getting solo-Charizard favoritism again? We just had our marketable non-really-a-dragon as the champion's ace in SwSh; having it being the sole non-Gen 9 starter in SV's initial regional Pokédex is just too much. Such actions make Dexit seem more like "let's put the most marketable Pokémon in every game post-Dexit despite other Pokémon making more sense for the region in order to increase our profits" when it shouldn't. At least group it with Feraligatr and Sceptile and give all three part-Dragon-type regional variants.
It's national dex order, not really Gen 9 regional pokedex order, or Sprigatito, Fuecoco and Quaxly would definitely be listed first. So maybe some of the other starters are in the game and get whatever shiny thing Charizard's getting? They'd just be listed later in the graphic, which we can't see all of yet.

Well, we did jump the gun on the RGB/CMYK thing, but we didn't have any other connection between them until we got the collage, which is the complete riddle and clearly had riding legendaries as the common link. So we can't really be wrong that it has something to do with riding them.

Everything else is just speculation, though.
Yes, but I’m already seeing people post things here like “now that we know the legends are rideable” etc, and uhhh that’s NOT true or confirmed. Phrasing it as fact is harmful, especially when the very first hint (Lugia) was not ever rideable. Someone rode one in the anime, but never in a game, and never the player character.

This can just as easily mean there is a new character that is the legend’s partner that sometimes rides it (like another clue-Zekrom with N) but that WE never will.

That being said, YES I of course think it would be a great thing if it’s revealed that they ARE rideable, and I love speculation about it. But it all needs to be talked about as being just that- speculation. The idea that they are rideable at all is still only speculation.

So....what animal do you want to see made a Pokemon this gen? I would say an anaconda would be extremely cool, but then I remembered Sandaconda. And it's so forgettable, i completely forgot it existed until now.

As long as the legendary isn't constantly hanging around me like "heyo lets do the thing yes hello we gonna do thhe thing we should do the thing hi hi hi hi hi" I'll be good.

Also: Charizard hint in that khu color thing.

Nintendo: AND HERE'S CHARIZARD.

Child: crying STOP! STOOOOP! HE'S ALREADY DEAD HATED BY A LARGE CHUNK OF THE FANBASE!!

Considering my first ever starter I went through Blue Version (when my brother and cousin weren't making me use the squirtle line so we could all have dex entries for all the starters when we traded them around) was a Charmander, if I physically had all my starters I'd have to make poor ol char char stay home so people don't throw mud and rocks at him. Poor baby. Nintendo doing that line dirty playing favorites like this.

So....what animal do you want to see made a Pokemon this gen? I would say an anaconda would be extremely cool, but then I remembered Sandaconda. And it's so forgettable, i completely forgot it existed until now.
JERBOA JERBOA JERBOA JERBOA BOUNCY BOI HOPPY HOP YESSSS. Just don't make it a pikachu clone. points watergun threateningly YOU HEAR ME, GAMEFREAK?? I WANT THAT BOI TO EVOLVE AND BE USED!!

Yes, but I’m already seeing people post things here like “now that we know the legends are rideable” etc, and uhhh that’s NOT true or confirmed. Phrasing it as fact is harmful, especially when the very first hint (Lugia) was not ever rideable. Someone rode one in the anime, but never in a game, and never the player character.

This can just as easily mean there is a new character that is the legend’s partner that sometimes rides it (like another clue-Zekrom with N) but that WE never will.

That being said, YES I of course think it would be a great thing if it’s revealed that they ARE rideable, and I love speculation about it. But it all needs to be talked about as being just that- speculation. The idea that they are rideable at all is still only speculation.
Rideable legends, if they exist, would be neat I suppose. I do wonder if it'll be similar to the Eon Flute in ORAS, possibly?

That is also true!! ...and might make a lil more sense?

I still think that "NPC rides the legendary" wouldn't be remotely interesting to Khu, and he did do this whole drawn out riddle about riding the thing... why would anyone care that an NPC is riding it? Like ever? That an NPC rides the legendary and we don't get to is 100% not information that I would want to share and point out and spend a week on. It's just not notable info.

And there was this-
4eWApvN.png

"Functions the same," again, implies a utility. Because if it was functioning the same in the same way that all past legendaries function the same, it's kind of a 'no shit' statement that goes without saying. Like saying "I love Kyogre, although Groudon also fills the role of boss legendary, I just like its whaleness more."

Whatever's up with it, we just know that it's ride-related and seemingly more interesting than just your typical endgame legendary boss fight.

Rideable legends, if they exist, would be neat I suppose. I do wonder if it'll be similar to the Eon Flute in ORAS, possibly?
oh GOD I hope we get something like Eon Flute, that was the coolest thing about ORAS by far for me tbh
it'd make a ton of sense with it being the first full-open-world main-series game too!

Back
Top Bottom