• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

One week guys. Just one week.
Must continue my expert dodging. I'm really unnecessarily playing with fire looking at gameplay leaks. Already multiple story plot points I've accidentally spoiled myself on that I wish I didn't. Luckily its mostly been post game and the main story is still a complete mystery to me.

Serious question, since I haven't been following the recent leaks until now:

Is there anything to do in PL:A after you beat the story? Is there something like a Battle Facility (your typical Battle Tower knockoff)? Something like Contests, Secret Bases, Pokemon Amie, etc?

Is there ANY actual content in this game, outside of catching the same Pokemon 1 million times? Sofar, I know there is Trainer Customization and the ability to take pictures with your Pokemon. Is that all?

Last edited:
Serious question, since I haven't been following the recent leaks until now:

Is there anything to do in PL:A after you beat the story? Is there something like a Battle Facility (your typical Battle Tower knockoff)? Something like Contests, Secret Bases, Pokemon Amie, etc?

Is there ANY actual content in this game, outside of catching the same Pokemon 1 million times? Sofar, I know there is Trainer Customization and the ability to take pictures with your Pokemon. Is that all?
Without being too spoilery, I believe there is an entire post game story of sorts. theres quests you can do but other than that most the content other than "catch pokemon" is doing the story. I think most the legendary captures are post-game too.

After you beat the story:

There is some kind of battle facility called the Battle Portal. Unclear if it's boss rematches or something else. It's run by Ingo from Unova's Battle Subway, who is a Faller.

Volo sends you on sidequests to recover the Arceus plates (there are two new ones, one for normal and one for all-type). At the end of that questline, you fight Volo's team and Giratina (after you beat Altered, Giratina revives as Origin and you fight it again).

There are a number of sidequests in the game, including one to get the item that turns your dragon into its origin form (the one that you don't choose becomes the final boss in its origin form, but the one you do choose needs a postgame quest to grant its form).

Catching all 239 lets you fight and catch Arceus.

Research tasks to catch #241 and 242, Darkrai and Shaymin (dependent on save data from other Pokemon games).

Must continue my expert dodging. I'm really unnecessarily playing with fire looking at gameplay leaks. Already multiple story plot points I've accidentally spoiled myself on that I wish I didn't. Luckily its mostly been post game and the main story is still a complete mystery to me.

Same. I’m not too upset, because I usually go into the games semi-spoiled. I always tell myself I’ll be good this time, but I rarely succeed. And it’s Pokémon; there’s not really any major plot points that would ruin my enjoyment of the game by knowing them beforehand.

I'm still going to act surprised--the spoilers are giving me a basic idea of what happens, but we'll see how hard it hits once I see the game for myself. (That, and with the official channels giving next to no info about story and locations, I have been dying to know all about this ancient Pokeworld.)

A better look at the starters in-game:
vu4481wss0d81.png

Quick questions:
  • Is there a Hisuian Basculin? If so, is it just a new form and mono-Water type?
  • Are Dialga and Palkia lord forms still their OG types?
  • @takoyaki when did you get your hands on the game??
It’s a new Stripe form, still monk water.
Palkia and Dialga keep their original types, and they’re actually Origin forms, not Lord.

I'm wondering, are you able to get both of the items that change Dialga and Palkia between their forms legitimately?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom