• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Say that to Lysandre and him clearly being the villain in XY the mere second you see him. And Chairman Rose in Sword and Shield now that i think about it.
Well if you read the scripts he is subtle at all you could definitely pickup villain vibes from him early on

I love the dex entries for modern pokemon lol like rotom magnemite and porygon Laventon just couldnt make any sense out of them lol

Magnemite: A bizarre Pokémon with but a single eye embedded in an iron sphere. I suspect this creature levitates due to the magnetism it emits from its arms, which resemble horseshoe-shaped magnets.
Magneton: Three Magnemite gathered to evolve into this Pokémon. The source of much vexation on my part, as its powerful magnetism destroys my research equipment.
Magnezone: I theorize that a special magnetic field influenced this Pokémon, changing its molecular structure and causing it to evolve. It emits strange radio waves toward space from its antenna.
Rotom: This bizarre Pokémon appears to be a will-o’-the-wisp powered by electricity. Be wary, as Rotom is both smart and mischievous.
Rotom-Heat: A form in which Rotom lurks within a strange cauldron. The cauldron’s origin is unknown. A bothersome Pokémon, causing trouble with the flames it spits.
Rotom-Wash: A form in which Rotom lurks within an odd bureau. The bureau’s purpose is unknown. A bothersome Pokémon, causing trouble by splashing cold water everywhere.
Rotom-Frost: A form in which Rotom lurks within a bizarre cupboard. The cupboard’s composition is unknown. A bothersome Pokémon, causing trouble by frosting everything over.
Rotom-Fan: A form in which Rotom lurks within a mysterious contraption. The contraption’s purpose is unknown. A bothersome Pokémon, causing trouble by stirring up powerful winds.
Rotom-Mow: A form in which Rotom lurks within a misshapen wheelbarrow. The wheelbarrow’s mechanisms are bizarre. It’s a bothersome Pokémon, causing trouble by mowing down grass and trees.
Porygon: It has no discernible heartbeat and does not seem to draw breath, and yet it appears to function without issue. I cannot even begin to explain this utterly bizarre anomaly.
Porygon2: A bizarre item caused this Pokémon to evolve. While it now exhibits many new gestures and expressions, its biology remains inscrutable.
Porygon-Z: A curious item induced this evolution. The Pokémon’s offensive capabilities have greatly increased, but the strangeness of its behavior has magnified in equal measure. This worries me.

This game has the single biggest development and change in pokemon history... Magikarps pokedex entry actually says something good about magikarp (I mean they still insulted it right before hand but, hey i'll take it)

Say that to Lysandre and him clearly being the villain in XY the mere second you see him. And Chairman Rose in Sword and Shield now that i think about it.
The storylines of both games don't present them as Villains until the climax

Even if it wasn't done well, they're still meant to be "Twist Villains" kinda similar to how Disney movies have been doing for the past decade.

Suddenly i'm not sure how to feel about size differences

1642720494712.png
For refrence, the size difference between a Big machamp and the trainer, is almost as big as the difference between Palkia and the trainer

Suddenly i'm not sure how to feel about size differences

For refrence, the size difference between a Big machamp and the trainer, is almost as big as the difference between Palkia and the trainer
Help theres another Image why is Kricketune so LARGE
1642720730324.png

Well if you read the scripts he is subtle at all you could definitely pickup villain vibes from him early on

People still could predict Lysandre and Rose were villains from the trailers.

Instead, the villain in Legends doesn't give that impression in the trailers at all.

So apparently all of those were the Alpha Versions. From what I can gather there are three sizes. Small, Average, Big, Alpha. So not every pokemon species can get this big i dont think. Not actually sure if all pokemon can spawn as an alpha or only some.

Maybe Hisui has really weak power spots and due to that pokemon can get quite large but not completely dynamax?
Its an interesting idea but the problem is that Dynamax isnt actually a size increase. its just a projection of sorts created by dynamax energy. The pokemon itself is still regular size somewhere in there.

The huge Pokémon (especially Kricketune and Biberal) are killing me

View attachment 154917

It’s like you’re Palkia’s pet xD
This is so much better than seeing the tiny model of Palkia in BDSP. I feel like Palkia should be a bit bigger though? Its canonically 13'09"

This is so much better than seeing the tiny model of Palkia in BDSP. I feel like Palkia should be a bit bigger though? Its canonically 13'09"
To be fair, the picture I found was edited. Maybe it looks bigger/better in the full shot? I’m looking to see if I can find a better image.

+ what was said below

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom