• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Looks like Brock returns for D/P

It's repeatedly stated that they do. And if they don't, well, Charizard cost Ash the Indigo League.

Have you ever watched real wild animals? They beat the living stuffing out of each other. Why would Pokemon be any different?

And if a Pokemon refuses to fight. Do you really think a trainer could physically force them? *Points to Ash BBQ throughout season 2.*

Calm down, guys, it was just another of my non-sequiturs...

(That's the defense PETA always uses when it opposes the use of animals in movies- "Do the animals really WANT to act?" Bloody idiots.)

That's it, I'm starting PAFPTF!

People Against Forcing Pokemon To Fight!

Sova? Sonva? This is way more important!

what if brock fell in love with hikari? lol that would be SO funny. then he wouldn't have to flirt and blush with anyone!!!

STATUTORY RAPE LOLZ!

Though with Brock rotting in jail Nugai could waltz in and take his Pokemon.

No, Hikari should develop a crsuh on Brock, and Brock wouldn't be interested because he has moral standards.
One thing I've always wondered is why he was never attracted to Jessie. She's arguably the hottest character on the show, and yet Brock does not flirt? What's wrong with this picture?

No, Hikari should develop a crsuh on Brock, and Brock wouldn't be interested because he has moral standards.
Heh, I was thinking about that! It'd be about the only shippy permutation for Hikari that isn't at all reminiscent of what was done with Misty or May. And then she'd have a different reason to drag Brock away by the ear.

Yay! Takeshi's back! Hooray! And yet Kasumi isn't back...

Don't you see?

The writers don't want Kasumi and Satoshi to get together! They want the Yaoi to live on! HOORAY!

XD Or maybe they just realize Ash is asexual and Brock is hot.

I dunno. Even I have a tough time calling Ash's sexuality, because he wouldn't know love if it challenged him to a battle.

Okay, so Max and May are out, PAARU is in, and Brock is staying...

I'm getting the impression they were too scared of writing him out again maybe?

When they made that mistake of ditching him way back during the Orange Islands, a lot of people weren't too happy with his replacement and crying out for him to return. It made them look like fools when they did just that by getting him back for Johto less than a year later.

I have a funny feeling this probably crossed the writers mind when going about reshuffling the cast and perhaps were little worried about making the same mistake twice.

Other than that I'm quite happy with him to stay though. Heh it's almost like he's immune now.

I'm getting the impression they were too scared of writing him out again maybe?

When they made that mistake of ditching him way back during the Orange Islands, a lot of people weren't too happy with his replacement and crying out for him to return. It made them look like fools when they did just that by getting him back for Johto less than a year later.

I have a funny feeling this probably crossed the writers mind when going about reshuffling the cast and perhaps were little worried about making the same mistake twice.

I seriously doubt that. They most likely keep Brock because Ash needs a sidekick and he's the best for the job.

Honestly, the outrage of Misty leaving was HUGE about 5 years ago. There was a huge backlash of hate toward AG for no reason other than the fact that Misty was gone. Thankfully overtime they calmed down and realized Misty leaving wasn't a major disastor, yet they still do it. If the writers are "scared" of taking out popular characters and that it was a mistake, then why didn't Misty ever return? Why did they get rid of May for that matter? She brings two other popular characters with her, (Drew/Harley), yet the writers had no fear of backlash.

I still fail to see how the Brock/Tracey outrage was any bigger than the Misty/May backlash or the May/Hikari backlash.

The writers ditch popular characters right and left, if Brock really was replaced by NewGuy, most people here were content with it judging from earlier reactions in the "D/P cast revealed!" thread.

But yeah, I agree Brock is most likely here forever now.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom