• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Genesect in Movie 16

Also, another thing to add to my pessimistic comments that I'm eager to find out how such comments would be challenged: Arceus, the final event legendary of Gen IV, was leaked one and a half years prior to Gen V and starred in its movie around five months after its reveal. So, if this pattern was kept in place (who knows how likely that is...), this would mean that Genesect's movie would air in late 2012 (December?) and Gen VI would debut in late 2013 or early 2014. Obviously, feel free to correct me on this pattern.

Yes, but the trailer for the 16th movie that leaked today already confirmed a theatrical release in the summer of 2013. So a late 2012 release is not going to happen.

The teaser was... amazing. Suddenly I like Genesect a whole lot more that I did before. I hate the fact that it probably won't be until next year until we finally get to see some more of it. :/

Genesect looks awesome. Really. It looks AWESOME!!

I need more of this movie.

I know it's never going to happen, like, ever, but I long for a Genesect vs. Mewtwo movie with Team Plasma actually doing something. Mewtwo is never going to appear again, and Team Plasma is never going to appear again, but god, I want it so bad.

Ooh, that looks really cool! I'm looking forward to learning more about this. :D

Genesect looks so cool flying.

Gosh, I can't wait to watch this movie.

Ain't nuthin' to be sorry for, Eita. Considering this preview isn't all over the 'Net like they usually are before now, I'd say some folks will appreciate it. I know I do! :)
(beats the heck out seeing it filmed on some dude's cell phone!)

Though beware, this scene may very well not be in the actually film :uhoh:

And I wonder if Optimus & Co will show up to help? ;-)

Last edited:

This movie should be directed by Michael Bay.

Please no. This movie does not need racist stereotypes, random explosions, and ethnic women too hot by Pokemon standards. Just because Genesect is an insecticon does not mean we need Bay to direct the dub version.

Damn that teaser looks so good now that it can properly be seen. It's a shame Genesect transforming into that flight mode isn't its sprite animation. ...Did I hear it make a high-pitched eek/beep as it flew towards and past the camera?

This movie has lots of potential; god I hope the writers don't screw it up. They already had the right idea in ignoring Meloetta and sparing us the horror of a movie dedicated to it dancing around a calming a rampaging legendary with its singing, so hopefully they'll keep up the good work.

23o4f4.jpg

2013, here we go.

YES!!! hopefully we will get ton's of CG used in this film, the animation is starting to look outdated.

YES!!! hopefully we will get ton's of CG used in this film, the animation is starting to look outdated.

I'm pretty sure that fancy CG was just for the teaser considering at the very end it shows an *actual* screenshot from the movie with normal animation.

CG is just going to end up making the movie look more dated. It's not something they should be doing, and not something that makes movies look modern.

I've got to wonder which pokemon will star alongside Genesect, the Toa trio, Victini and Musketeers have already been in movies while the Kami trio and Meloetta have had huge roles in the anime. Maybe a hoenn legendary?

I've got to wonder which pokemon will star alongside Genesect, the Toa trio, Victini and Musketeers have already been in movies while the Kami trio and Meloetta have had huge roles in the anime. Maybe a hoenn legendary?

It will more than likely be a Gen 6 Pokemon.

There would be no point in revealing Genesect so early if something very special isn't being saved for the February reveal. If an old legendary is the costar, then it would have been the one shown in the teaser instead

I really don't see the appeal with Genesect. It's ugly, it just looks like a Transformer or something.

I think it is too early for a Generation 6 Pokémon. Unless it is just Gen VI's Munchlax or something like that. Or Genesect's original form.
Who will star along Genesect is most likely an already know Pokémon, IMO.

I really don't see the appeal with Genesect. It's ugly, it just looks like a Transformer or something.

Wrong thread.

I think it is too early for a Generation 6 Pokémon. Unless it is just Gen VI's Munchlax or something like that. Or Genesect's original form.
Who will star along Genesect is most likely an already know Pokémon, IMO.

I don't get why you think it's too early for a Generation 6 Pokemon. It's been over two years since this generation began, and the reveal of Genesect heralds its end just as Arceus and Deoxys marked the finales of their gens.

CG is just going to end up making the movie look more dated. It's not something they should be doing, and not something that makes movies look modern.

No, a CG Pokemon Movie would be pretty cool.

If OLM wasn't working on a yearly schedule and could create a Pixar (or even Dreamworks) quality CG animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom