• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Genesect in Movie 16

I think it is too early for a Generation 6 Pokémon. Unless it is just Gen VI's Munchlax or something like that. Or Genesect's original form.
Who will star along Genesect is most likely an already know Pokémon, IMO.

I don't get why you think it's too early for a Generation 6 Pokemon. It's been over two years since this generation began, and the reveal of Genesect heralds its end just as Arceus and Deoxys marked the finales of their gens.

But it took two years after the Deoxys movie before Gen IV started rolling in stores.

But it took two years after the Deoxys movie before Gen IV started rolling in stores.

I meant the Deoxys reveal marked the last year a Gen 3 game came out, and Lucario was revealed in the following year.

Wrong thread.

Commenting on the star of the movie is a valid post for this thread. Report posts you think don't belong in a certain thread or ignore them please.

Genesect looks like a robot!! :eek:

I wouldn't be surprised he have no heart :eek:

This has me thinking that Ash will try his very best to convince Genesect that he does have a heart, and it gets a heel face turn near the end and sacrifice itself to save him and his friends.

This has me thinking that Ash will try his very best to convince Genesect that he does have a heart, and it gets a heel face turn near the end and sacrifice itself to save him and his friends.

Wouldn't surpise me. Heck, I've been thinking that'll happen since I first heard about this movie

93b91ccc14ff355e5e322b7be2d2c2591343074447_full.jpg

Last edited:

Then it turns out Genesect survived sacrificing itself, of course.

And I imagine Ash won't be so much concerned with trying to convince it it has a heart as he will be with running away and trying to avoid getting shot by lasers. Gene doesn't exactly sound like a nice Pokemon, and will probably be under the control of the villain-of-the-year who won't be taking too kindly to attempts to make his killer robot pull a heel face turn to boot.

Or not. We need info on this movie already... It's all one gigantic question mark.

CG is just going to end up making the movie look more dated. It's not something they should be doing, and not something that makes movies look modern.

No, a CG Pokemon Movie would be pretty cool.

If OLM wasn't working on a yearly schedule and could create a Pixar (or even Dreamworks) quality CG animation.

Which needs to be done because...? It'll just look outdated in a few years, and I don't think CGI suits Pokemon.

CG is just going to end up making the movie look more dated. It's not something they should be doing, and not something that makes movies look modern.

No, a CG Pokemon Movie would be pretty cool.

If OLM wasn't working on a yearly schedule and could create a Pixar (or even Dreamworks) quality CG animation.

Which needs to be done because...? It'll just look outdated in a few years, and I don't think CGI suits Pokemon.

Bit strange to come up with that, seeing as it has never been done before, that's like saying the 6th generation will suck "it most likely will, but you haven't seen it"

Since Genesect has those robotic features, a Pokemon Movie in 3D would be pretty awesome.

It could just be an obligatory reference, but I think I might have just found a possible confirmation Plasma will indeed at least be referenced in this movie.

Best Wishes Genesect merchandise set to come out in January actually refers to the group by name in its description... But as I said, it could just be obligatory mention. Still seems like a positive sign, though.

Edit: Ah, I guess I should post it too:

zukansjan.jpg

The プラズマ団 can be clearly seen. Lol "Worning".

Last edited:

I like the 2D Pokémon movies with the occasional CGI effect. It isn't obtrusive and can end up looking pretty nice if done right.
I'd lke to see Genesect, but I haven't been watching the new movies because the plots are getting a bit too shallow for my tastes. I mean, the plots weren't ever really deep, but they had more thought to them than now. The animation from the screenshots I've seen looks alright, though.

It could just be an obligatory reference, but I think I might have just found a possible confirmation Plasma will indeed at least be referenced in this movie.

That's not movie merchandise. Of course regular Genosect stuff will mention Plasma.

That's not movie merchandise. Of course regular Genosect stuff will mention Plasma.

Then what kind of merchandise is it?

Best Wishes logo. Anime-style art. Set to come out when the movie's advertisement will really kick in. The platform the figure is on resembles part of the rocky wasteland shown in the teaser and movie screenshot. Looks like movie related to merchandise to me, but then again I can't read Japanese and am unfamiliar with how pre-movie toy schedules go. *shrugs*

pkmncollectors: new zukans!

Just zukan figures.

Set to come out when the movie's advertisement will really kick in.

It's really more February when things start moving because we'll find out the full title of the movie. But even then that's too early for movie stuff to come out.

The platform the figure is on resembles part of the rocky wasteland shown in the teaser and movie screenshot. Looks like movie related to merchandise to me, but then again I can't read Japanese and am unfamiliar with how pre-movie toy schedules go. *shrugs*

If it was movie merchandise it would say so. We wont even know the first half of the title until December.

pkmncollectors: new zukans!

Just zukan figures.

Set to come out when the movie's advertisement will really kick in.

It's really more February when things start moving because we'll find out the full title of the movie. But even then that's too early for movie stuff to come out.

The platform the figure is on resembles part of the rocky wasteland shown in the teaser and movie screenshot. Looks like movie related to merchandise to me, but then again I can't read Japanese and am unfamiliar with how pre-movie toy schedules go. *shrugs*

If it was movie merchandise it would say so. We wont even know the first half of the title until December.

Oh how disappointing. And I actually thought I might have noticed some genuine evidence of Team Plasma appearing... Time is running out for them, and this movie seems like one of the last opportunities for them too show up before it's too late.

Now to play the waiting game again. God I hope the first info/title in December confirms them.

2013 Movie 16: First Poster Coming Soon, and Genesect?

Pokemon Sunday seemed to confirmed Genesect will indeed be a main movie Pokemon, and by next week we seem to be getting a first poster.

Stay tuned! We might actually have that poster? Or image? Whatever it was, by Monday.

edit: redundant thread! sorry!

Last edited:
Re: 2013 Movie 16: First Poster Coming Soon, and Genesect?

Pokemon Sunday seemed to confirmed Genesect will still be a main movie Pokemon, and by next week we seem to be getting a first poster.

Stay tuned! We might actually have that poster? Or image? Whatever it was, by Monday.

If Genosect is the star its safe to there will be no 6th gen next year after all. I guess 3DS development is more work for Gamefreak.

Good it gives them plenty of time to have Ash return to Kanto after the N arc, rechallenge the Indigo league and win, and then enter a Champion league.

Re: 2013 Movie 16: First Poster Coming Soon, and Genesect?

If Genosect is the star its safe to there will be no 6th gen next year after all. I guess 3DS development is more work for Gamefreak.

Good it gives them plenty of time to have Ash return to Kanto after the N arc, rechallenge the Indigo league and win, and then enter a Champion league.

i dont know about the star -- usually something else will be brought in as the star. i don't think it is safe to say this means no Gen 6 at all. i am quite positive we're certain get gen 6 with this movie.

also if there is already a thread for this movie just delete this, i just didn't see one with a quick look!

Last edited:

Pokemon Sunday seemed to confirmed Genesect will indeed be a main movie Pokemon, and by next week we seem to be getting a first poster.

Bringing this back because important news.

ポケモンスマッシュ! - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom